Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-01-29, 01:45:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Age of Redemption v2010 LAUNCHED  (Read 7076 times)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Age of Redemption v2010 LAUNCHED
« on: 2010-04-25, 22:45:15 »

For download link and information, check here:

https://e-mods.net/modules/mods/about_aor.php

If you're having trouble with the mod or wish to make comments or suggestions, you may post here.

[added]

Source code for the AoR 2010 has been included with the NodSDKProjects Eclipse workspace here:

https://e-mods.net/modules/nodsdkprojects/
« Last Edit: 2011-01-12, 20:42:24 by Javokis »
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Age of Redemption v2010 LAUNCHED
« Reply #1 on: 2010-04-28, 12:17:34 »

Here's the complete change log information that can be found in the READ FIRST and README text files included with the download.

FIXES (4.28.2010)

-Instead of loosing all weapons and armors when captured by teutonics, magical weapons and armors will be given to some of the knights.
   (Find and kill those knights to get the magical armors and weapons back.)
-Added dilution of stats to the transition to modern day. Christof's stats will be halved as well as his disciplines.
   (Christof was in torpor for 800 years afterall. Plus this makes modern day more challenging...)
-Added additional config option to turn off party AI use of resurrection disciplines.
   (partyusesresurrection option within config.txt)
-Fixed AI issues where they would use Mind disciplines with Obfuscate. That combination doesn't mix and is wasteful.

FIXES (4.25.2010)

-Enemies no longer respawn upon restoration of saved games.
   (Instead, the state of the respawn timer is saved and resumes upon game restore)
-Better walk cycle handling for walk cycle actors. Much more persistant, way more consistant.
-"Pets" (Summon Soul, Feral Whispers, Summon Elemental, Shambling Hordes, ect) now transition levels with caster
-Entrancement no longer possessess target, it will act similar to Feral Whispers, but for non-animals.
-"Pets" no longer block movement when not in combat
-You can now cancel all summoning disciplines listed above (right click effect icons).
-You can now cancel Majesty (right-click majesty effect icon)
-Changed the "Stay with ST" feature to only change the "revive location" to the location of the host
   (Removed the client's inability to click exits due to having "Stay with ST" on)
-New effect for Mist Form. Now looks and functions similar to Wodal's Mist Form.
-Added AI hunting tactics for enemies and players
   (Players will be able to "hunt" in towns and will be programmed to look for guards)
-AI will only use feral claws if no weapon is equipped
-Add logical use of mental disciplines (awe, dreaded gaze, ect)
   (Will mostly be programmed as defensive disciplines for the AI's consideration)
-Model changes only occur (Christof rags, wounded, vampire) if Christof template is detected (SP and MP)
-Fix enemies that weren't respawning in v2009 (buried capadocians, some nosferatu, and more did not have scripts)
-Several fixes to single player scripts for better compatibility with multiplayer
   (Support for turning off automatic storyteller, setting up enemy caps, and condition tests to prevent oddities)
-Fixed the elevator in Orsi's Factory to occomidate for multiplayer.
-Fixed the skiff in NYC Sewers Level 3 - now supports multiplayer.
-Serena only uses Shambling Hordes on the strongest dead enemy first before wasting it on weak enemies.
-Adjusted party tactics so they don't use the full force of their power against "humanity loss" targets.
-vukadlak and Zulo have more hit points, but do less damage.
-Fred Varney keeps his cool (no AI weirdness when witnesses strange happenings)
-Barkley storage script had issues initializing a conversation if anyone other than the main player had killed the ventrue
-Cathedrak of flesh hall of memory script fixed.
-Fix the NPC files for the MP versions of all coterie members
-Fix Leopold's ground licking animation trigger
-Fix player start orientation in the Setite Level 3 map
-Fix the door trigger to enemies scripts - now has more logic fixes to prevent door swinging oddities.
-Add playerstarts 4 at Vienna Inner Town so clients can travel out of the Clock Tower.
-Add dexterity to the enemy stakegun users and bowmen.
-Enemies were attacking half-corpses... this seemed odd.
-Fixed issues with the pendulum in Vienna Clock Tower.
-Taser modified (dmg set to 50)
-Chainsaw damage tweaked up
   (now does 100 dmg - damage no longer factors into strength, but str requirement increased to 50)
-Several tweaks to enemy's equipped weapons - makes them tougher
-Enemies don't drop random treasure, they drop the weapon they were using (if any).
-Some AI tweaks to the Tzimisce enemies to give them the proper array of Hands of Destruction.

FIXES (6.20.2009)

-Fixed a crash involving the respawner
-Removed the model change to Christof in multiplayer Age of Redemption chronicle
-Fixed some animation issues not synchronizing with clients
-Clients weren't able to pickup the first shield in the Bonn Silver Mines
-Barkeep in club tenebrae in London now keeps his cool when trouble starts
-Fixed bugs in Age of Redemption MP that causes oddities when host player plays as non-Christof models

FIXES (BUILD 4.19.2009)

-Fixed a crash issue involving regions
-Fixed file not found error

FEATURES (BUILD 4.18.2009)

-Enemy respawn for continuous action
   (make use of it, you'll need the experience for the following difficult...)
-AI aggression in enemies and party members increased
   AI will use blood healing much more often (in and out of combat)
   AI will feed till the target is dead (feeds only when low on blood)
   AI will use disciplines the way they are meant to be used (logically not randomly)
   The above results in increased overall difficulty
-Modern GUI used throughout all of single player
-Single player now fully functions in multiplayer
   (Appears as "Age of Redemption" chronicle on multiplayer games list)
   (Quests and dialog fully intact)
   (Can use ST Scene panel to advance the scenes)
   (Option on by default that keeps the clients with the host at all times)
-No need to quit multiplayer games between transitions to another chapter.
   (Prague, Vienna, London, and New York are all merged together now)
-Progressive adjustments for Firestorm and Call Lightning powers (slightly new look)
-Balance fix for Prison of Ice.
   Can be resisted with contest of caster's intelligence vs. target's stamina
   But now does 5 times more damage to non-vampires
-Progressive fix for Flamering disicpline (does more damage with each dot level)
« Last Edit: 2010-06-04, 11:37:02 by Javokis »
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Mv.c9

« Reply #2 on: 2010-06-19, 14:35:05 »

I have to say, i have never played AoR. I have some questions that Im asking without reading the whole thread.
edit: i red it and still have these questions:

cant you easily cheat in this mod if you are playing as the Admin ? i mean you can summon every item and npc you desire. and death will have no meaning. since you can just revive? right ?!

another point which is more of a suggestion or possibility. is there anyway to merge this mod, with "WOD MoD" ?! reasonably considering it should with little to no effort, seeing you conquering redemption as an elder, you must be able to do something like that eventually.
« Last Edit: 2010-06-19, 14:41:26 by Mv.c9 »
New Disciplines Mod - Bloodlines
http://www.moddb.com/mods/bloodlines-antitribu

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #3 on: 2010-06-19, 14:43:33 »

I will not answer questions related to wod mod. That is not my mod and I have no interest in it. I have mods of my own to concern myself with.

Mv.c9

« Reply #4 on: 2010-06-19, 14:53:03 »

ok forget abt the second part that was just something that came, tell me abt the first issue. is there anyway to seal that admin part if you play in AoR ?! i mean summoning the blood magic tome in the very beginning is quite lame, i know youll say something like "it depends on each user, not everyone wants to cheat . . . " but well if the mod is making the game as hard as yo say then at some point the user will use them, the mod is practically god mod, and you will add as much as xp to your self as you wish, loosing stats will be a joke, even if they hit 0 you can boost them up in a minute if you play as admin.

another point was the cut scenes, do they appear in the multilayer one ? i mean do you get to see for instance christofs embrace ?!

note: is 4:53 am in here :) so forgive me if im not making sense

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #5 on: 2010-06-19, 14:55:26 »

Try this: read the manual about ST mode. It may seem like cheating but you only have two options: use it or don't. As for the second question: yes, cutscenes are fully intact.

Mv.c9

« Reply #6 on: 2010-06-19, 15:09:01 »

that sounds cool, im tempted to give it a try as soon as my eyes stop seeing double, but before i faint:

do you think is a good idea (sine it seems you currently working alot on this mod) to recreate some scenes.

what i mean is that for instance, christof fights in a battle in the first cut scene in which he gets wounded, now lets say you make that scene playable, i mean before that cutscene starts, there is Christof and some of his men fighting a group of barbarians in a desert like field which i guess it will take mere minutes for you to make, (with xtof at his notmal stats) and then after you kill everyone in that field the cutscene starts and you continue the game.

if that were to be possible, this means that my long life dream that i had since i was 12 (and im serious with no exaggeration) which is to see a fitting end for "Zulo" (some sort of animation that shows you killing zulo, like cutting his head or turn him to pieces (the gibs) or to dust or anything else) instead of quickly jumping to the end will be fulfilled, to give you the picture, lets say you kill zulo(with or without the mentioned animation) then you have to go to the cathedral of flesh 2 and find anezka and then the cut scene starts . . . makes sense right ?

what do you think ?!

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #7 on: 2010-06-20, 13:02:12 »

AoR is not about modifying the quests. So those suggestions are for another mod and are therefore off topic.

Mv.c9

« Reply #8 on: 2010-07-09, 09:29:36 »

The game crashes everytime i play "Society of leopold 3" after i get out of the first room, sometimes the game is just gone, and sometimes i get the "just-in-time" error from visual studio, indicating that the process has encountered a fatal_error and it cannot proceed, thus terminates the running program which in this case is AoR. i am playing on Single Player, and the only cheat i used was the add experience (not over 10 000).

archangel583

« Reply #9 on: 2010-08-28, 23:49:51 »

Hey folks.  Decided to give AOR a try with a few friends of mine.  Gotta say it started out GREAT, but as we progressed we started encountering some issues and I was hoping to get a little feedback from anyone out there who might have some experience with these kind of things.  We've only made it as far as the Cappadocian's lair.  I started having some serious artifact issues.  All of a sudden the environment goes insane.  The walls change color, skins are all over the place, Mecurio's door turns into a giant set of vampire fangs.  If anyone has some input on this, I could really use the assistance.  Also, is there a reason that Wilhelm turns into a super-vampire the second I leave the University after getting him?  He has a rediculous amount of xp.  That and all his abilities are at four blood points apiece, while all his attributes are in the 60's.  While we were in the University he started out the same as in the single player campaign, but when we left, he even manifested a full platemail armor.  Anyone have any ideas?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #10 on: 2010-08-29, 16:07:28 »

Multiplayer version of Wilhem cannot progress (gain exp) due to engine limitations so he was given uber equipment to help newbie players. The thing about multiplayer is that if you're playing with others than you really don't need the original party members anyway - you can't control them normally without ST mode anyway. You can delete them with ST mode.

As for artifacts appearing... I suspect that's a hardware issue. Have you checked your video card's temperatures? Is the video card normally capable of handling DX7 graphics? Some newer video cards have issues with DX7 decals, and will have artifact issues as a result. I was playing Halo 1 (PC version) with my 8800GTS and had to turn off decals because the video card didn't support them.

So artifacts... usually a video card issue. Unless of course this is happening only when you play the AOR mod. In that case, I don't have a solution for that. Never had that problem on my end. I can't fix issues that I can't recreate.

Luke1987

« Reply #11 on: 2010-08-29, 16:24:37 »

First of all thank you for this great mod!
Is there any way to play with members of the team in a multiplayer game? But not only on the Internet so that the computer created manage a team in my (VTMR) game?
once I found somewhere to download the modification which adds an rw_lily &  rw_wilhem multiplayer and manage their computer, but I do not know where this modification is available for download .... help

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #12 on: 2010-08-29, 19:36:15 »

Almost anything is possible... if you know java. But engine limitations only allow party members to recognize the host. Otherwise, you'll need to script a "pet" effect like what happens when you use Beckoning or Feral Whispers - limit of 4 pets max... just like there's a limit of 4 party members max.

Luke1987

« Reply #13 on: 2010-08-30, 14:46:40 »

Thanks for reply.
So what i will need for doing that? I only need team members for my LAN game, not internet with other people, so as like in SP game 4 team members, including me will be fine for me, no need more... What i will need for doing that?
THX.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #14 on: 2010-08-31, 13:48:45 »

You'll need to build a mod using the Nod SDK and Java. I have tutorials on that further down the forum.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 39 queries.