Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2019-03-25, 12:43:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [Ideas] and [Experiments]  (Read 10838 times)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
[Ideas] and [Experiments]
« on: 2009-12-31, 19:48:37 »

I decided to get Crysis Wars setup for modding and was able to start up on my house model again. I've been working on building my house in XSI Mod Tool and using the Crytek Plugin to get the model into Crysis. I had another version of the house, but I rebuilt it with more realistic scaling and will be doing a lot more detailing in this new version.
« Last Edit: 2010-01-07, 13:34:35 by Javokis »
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

wesclash

Re: [Ideas] and [Experiments]
« Reply #1 on: 2010-01-08, 05:57:22 »

That's pretty, Javo.  I don't know anything about Crysis.  Is this another project for you or is this a step toward a new Redmption/Vampire-esq world built with these new tools?

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
    • CLICK HERE TO VISIT MYSPACE SITE.
« Reply #2 on: 2010-01-08, 09:38:34 »

Maybe both?
Victims... arent we all?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #3 on: 2010-01-08, 11:44:04 »

My original intent was to use this engine to build a new Redemption. But now I'm considering my own original ideas that may or may not be related to vampires. I can't give certainties at what is still an early stage learning experience. If anyone wants to use this engine to port over and create a total conversion mod, I'll provide what support I can. I won't be filling my plate up like I have before. I have canceled all of my other projects to learn CryEngine 2.

The new direction I'll be taking e-mods.net will be about CryEngine 2 and preparing for CryEngine 3. CryEngine 3 plans to come out in 2012 so I was considering holding off on any major projects till then. I'll keep the Redemption content up, but any CryEngine mods, maps, or assets may take priority when the time comes.

I'll be compiling some useful URL's and YouTube videos that helped me transition to the Sandbox 2 editor sometime in the near future.  If I end up being the only one here transitioning then the likelihood of a vampire mod coming out will be zilch. I'm not going to make a vampire mod if there's no one around to take the initiative. Otherwise, I'll be building more manageable projects that only need one person to carry out.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #4 on: 2010-01-08, 17:34:23 »

As soon as he knows his way arround Cryengine, vampires will haunt Javo im sure of that... sooner or later he wont be able to resist vampire modding.

As soon as Javo learns to use whatever tools Cryengine uses and upload some small tuts for basic modelling stuff im moving too, his tuts are waaay too much easier to follow than what you can find available on the web, he makes tuts and learning much easier to understand.

Would be good to learn to Rig and weight on newer engines, good old days where you had to just asign a mesh to a bone and youre ready to go...

Also there no need for sorrow if Javo decides to abandon Vampire mods, i seen some cool vampires mod from other games... vampires are just too cool to be left out from cool games, soon or later someone will come up with something.
« Last Edit: 2010-01-08, 17:37:00 by DarkLobo »
Victims... arent we all?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #5 on: 2010-01-11, 18:07:03 »

I made an introduction video with narration:

Sandbox 2 Introduction Narrated by Javokis

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #6 on: 2010-01-11, 19:53:28 »

OH WOW! after 8 years of knowing you i just listened to your voice haha!
Victims... arent we all?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #7 on: 2010-01-15, 01:03:08 »

My new and improved lip sync tutorial featuring tourettes guy.

Sandbox - Lip Sync Tutorial Featuring Tourettes Guy

I wish I did tutorials like these for nod sdk. I still can...

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #8 on: 2010-01-16, 08:46:26 »

Aha i knew it... you always have Redemption in mind hehe... sweet tut.
Victims... arent we all?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #9 on: 2010-01-16, 16:06:48 »

Meow... tourettes guy.

[removed - i can do better]

I'll make a tut on how I did later. Probably by monday.
« Last Edit: 2010-03-06, 12:13:18 by Javokis »

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #10 on: 2010-01-17, 08:04:08 »

Wow! i didnt knew Cryengine could do this...
Victims... arent we all?

Lukur

« Reply #11 on: 2010-01-24, 13:18:27 »

I wonder if you will make world of darkness mod using cryengine. I wonder how it would handle actual wod combat, or melee combat in general.

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #12 on: 2010-01-24, 14:11:18 »

If this ever happends, i think you cant really implement PnP rules... not in a video game, Troika and Nihilistic said the same thing.
Victims... arent we all?

Lukur

« Reply #13 on: 2010-01-24, 14:24:44 »

If this ever happends, i think you cant really implement PnP rules... not in a video game, Troika and Nihilistic said the same thing.

Neither company made PnP rules in the game, so it's kinda moot point - and Nihilistic's system was actually closer to PnP than Troika's one (system, not implementation - Bloodlines is arcade game with some stats thrown in; Redemption is hack'n'slash where stats actually drive the combat), as stat driven combat is essentialy what WoD combat is (well, WoD combat is turn based, B and R are real time).

Back to my question. I should clarify, that i asked about arcade (skill based) combat that 'feels' right in WoD (ie, melee is better against vampires than non-military grade guns, due to vampire's unique physics).

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #14 on: 2010-01-24, 21:22:55 »

Can't be sure if I would go with WoD on this. The engine is popular enough for White-Wolf to get cranky about it (copyright woahs). Redemption and Bloodlines are already licensed for all the White-Wolf content you would ever want to impliment.

Crytek has never purchased a license for White-Wolf content. So they wont have anyone's back if White-Wolf wants to send lawyers to gang rape anyone that pulls direct WoD content into the CryEngine. White-Wolf has been known to be a hardcore "protect my IP at all costs" corporation. They are the Disney of vampires. Quite frankly, I'm rather put off by White-Wolf's obsessive control policies.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 25 queries.