Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-01-21, 22:38:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (ADULT)  (Read 32912 times)

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
    • CLICK HERE TO VISIT MYSPACE SITE.
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (ADULT)
« on: 2009-11-22, 18:19:47 »

I finally played this game, i have heard TONS of good stuff about this game all over the Web... so i decided to grab a legal copy and... i just played 15 minutes... and.. well... i didnt like it, its horrible... honestly its that bad, i really thought i would be playing something like Dragon Age or Neverwinter Nights2 with a much better story (so i was told) but DAAAMN! char creation is nasty! the models look like mongoloid with retarded sindrome! i spend arround 20 minutes trying to create my character because it look so damn bad and i did my best to make it look good, i cant speak for the story and deept, because i didnt really played that long but the character apperance is really that bad, elves didnt look like elves, humans look quite dumb, orcs looked like whimpy version of a goblin, and the only race i kinda find acceptable was some black human race, for me is quite important the visual aspects of a game ( not graphics) im not interested in that otherwise i would not still played redemption, but i meant how my char should look.

Also i noticed the intro screen to be quite nooby, everything in the intro screen seemed to me like a low budget video game, even the options were a bit dull. About the actual game DAAAMN its glitchy! and i thought Bloodlines and Two Worlds had the throne of the most glitchy games, the jump action somehow looks like its floating its way back to ground, when i killed some rats they keept having some kind of twitching... they agitate like crazy in the flor, also the graphics to be honest looked a bit old, the trees and the land looked like i was playing redemption, thou this game has been released in 2006, but that dosent matter since i am not a fan of high end GFX.

It saddens me to say this, but Oblivion was a game i heard so much good stuff about it and was looking forward to play it soon, but when i tried out all i have to say is that i dont want to play this game EVER, it was immediatly erased from my HDD.

I am so damn dissapointed about this game, if i were to rate this game i would rate it at 5.6+, im sure it is still a damn good game, or i would not keept reading so much good stuff about it, it just does not caught my attention, and i for my personal liking found this game quite bad.
« Last Edit: 2010-05-23, 17:03:28 by Javokis »
Victims... arent we all?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
« Reply #1 on: 2009-11-23, 13:52:51 »

Try the Beautiful People mod. It makes the faces look better. People probably weren't talking about vanilla Oblivion. What makes Oblivion great is its mods.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #2 on: 2009-11-23, 21:01:21 »

Ohh that one really do look good... i wouldnt mind trying again with this mod hehehe, now downloading shivering isles...
Victims... arent we all?

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #3 on: 2009-11-24, 09:15:26 »

It actually worked... hmm... im starting to get the catch of this game now that my char dosent looks retarded.
Victims... arent we all?

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #4 on: 2009-11-24, 20:06:56 »

There is even a MP Mod, thats quite... amazing... ill play a bit with Oblivion.
Victims... arent we all?

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #5 on: 2009-11-29, 08:20:58 »

Im starting to like this game, i found many mods to be able to attack on horse, also found a "Deadly Reflexes Combat" that lets you dodge, decapitade and so some sort of martial arts, and there are tons of Vampire MODS! i like the mods so far, but the "Vanilla" Oblivion does indeed still sucks big time, the only thing i havent really get on is the Quests, they seem RATHER BORING and uninsteresting somehow... all i do is create characters and explore and kill goblins and monsters.

Also there are few Races like orcs, snake, monkey and feline people all over the city... its a bit odd seeing all this "people" just walking arround as regular civilians... what i mean is that seeing how racist humans can be, i am amazed how they allow them to live among them, thats a part that also feels a little out of place.
Victims... arent we all?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #6 on: 2009-11-29, 12:02:09 »

Yeah, not all of the quests are good, but there's a few I'd recommend. The Guild quests are the most interesting. The Mages Guild and the Dark Brotherhood are pretty cool. The Shivering Isle expansion quest is also pretty cool. Also check out The Count's Arms in Anvil. There's a guy there trying to sell a very nice house for cheap. I'd look into it if I were you...
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #7 on: 2009-12-02, 08:07:07 »

I got the expansion, but i dont know if its installed because i see nothing that refers to the expansion... is it just a quest or something? how do i know if i got the expansion installed, i remember installing shivering isles but i still have my doubts.
Victims... arent we all?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #8 on: 2009-12-02, 12:08:52 »

Upon going out into the world, you should get a message saying that there's an unusual island that appeared in a lake. Just go to your map, but I think you only get the expansion quest messages if you are outside of cities and dungeons.

All expansions are special quests. So you still have to look for them like all the rest, but at least they show up on quest log when you are out in the world.

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #9 on: 2009-12-04, 23:34:01 »

Oh my god.. there is a Sex mod hahaha... i got to mess with models of oblivion someday...
Victims... arent we all?

RuThaN

• Cursed writer
    • RuThaNs Lair click on Ragnarokr for my mod info
« Reply #10 on: 2009-12-06, 15:20:27 »

Morrowind is a bit better, Daggerfall (now free) realy hardcore.
Brujah antitribu from pagan europian blackearth(now in Prag), but with roots in Scandinavia.
Im gamedesigner and writer, technology is only tool, important are visions and ideas, but its hard, inspire another demons with own visions, so i must lots of technology things make alone, and this is figh

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #11 on: 2009-12-07, 15:22:54 »

In what way? storywise or GFX? so far i am enjoying Oblivion so much, there are just so much stuff to choose from mods.

The Oblivion engine is quite an amazing thing, there are no damn loading times... least most of the time, the gfx are so damn good for a 3 year old game, the only bad about it is the havok engine, since its a bit odd at times... and the damn lack of MP, i wish someday someone develop a vampire game in way as open ended as Oblivion, a huge area to explore.

**Edit**
And its also damn buggy.. more so than vampire! The Construction Set is really Crashy, and i thought Nod SDK NOT Editor was crashy... geeeeesh! (sorry, i kinda edited your post Javo, somehow clicked on your Modify Post reply instead of mine?s... hmm i didnt knew i could do that haha.)

« Last Edit: 2009-12-12, 19:32:36 by DarkLobo »
Victims... arent we all?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #12 on: 2009-12-09, 20:15:53 »

Personally, I couldn't get into Morrowind. I found it dull and lifelss. I heard about Daggerfall from a friend of mine who said that it's a difficult game.
« Last Edit: 2009-12-12, 17:37:28 by DarkLobo »

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #13 on: 2009-12-13, 18:17:08 »

Daamn i am enjoying this frigging game so much, why the hell do i always have to come to every kick ass game 2 years later? it happened with Mugen, Diablo, VtM-R, NWN2 and now Oblivion! well, at least i didnt missed VtM-B pfft, like if it was such a revolution... anyway, i been having ODD issues since the first Day i installed it with my 8800GT, it seems it crashed randonly after 5-15 minutes of gameplay. why? i dont know, even tried Official patches, unofficial patches, game mod patches, oblivion.ini tweaking and so on, still didnt knew what was causing the damn Crashes! i had no issues with my turd ATi 3300HD, that can run Oblivion on medium, but i rather not use it anymore since Oblivion is so beautyfull, so why does it works with ATi and not with nVidia? i dont know but i came across an odd post in some Oblivion based forum about some guy who had his 8800GTS quite overclocked, someone suggested that revert to default OC and somehow it worked for him, odd is dont have my 8800GT OC, so i tried UNDERCLOCKING... thats right! underCLOCKING the damn thing AND VOILA! i been playing for 6 hours and no crashes untill i click EXIT GAME then it crashes, but who cares haha! who would have guesses that underclocking the damn 8800 would do the trick? so far im doing 560 "Core" 1400 "Shaders" and 880 on "Ram", it seems Oblivion performs even better with lower Frecuencies! ODD, REALLY ODD!
Victims... arent we all?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #14 on: 2009-12-14, 01:08:51 »

One thing you'll notice about Oblivion and Fallout 3 (both use the same engine), they are very sensitive to hardware issues. The slightest hickup in the background and the game crashes. Other than that, Oblivion is a very addictive game. I blew at least 120 hours on it (over 200+ total on Fallout 3). Crashes are common, so save often. I usually crash every couple of hours on my end and I was using an 8800GTS. Haven't tested the game much with my HD 4870, but it worked okay on a quick playthrough of the dungeon.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 38 queries.