Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-01-26, 05:09:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: New Better Trees for Redemption  (Read 4645 times)

ORI

New Better Trees for Redemption
« on: 2009-10-30, 21:21:36 »

New Trees are coming to Redemption as a mapping resource
They are going to be for every season:
Ever Green , Autumn and Bare(see screenshot below)

Request for help/SOS:
Since im pretty short on time(due to school related projects) and this is something I intend to make available as a mapping resource for everyone and im not even looking to take credit for it cause I basicly made these trees with a script and tweaked them....
So since the Models and Textures(also texture "skinning"/UVs) are pretty much done....
I was wondering if anyone more adept at using milkshit3d and NOT editor, is willing to help me by making these models into templates/nobs or in other words making them appear in game correctly?

Im begging you, if you are reading this help me... imagin all these crazy european rainforests you could make  :)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: New Better Trees for Redemption
« Reply #1 on: 2009-10-31, 00:34:44 »

Go ahead and send them to me. I know milkshape 3d enough to export a prop model properly.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

ORI

« Reply #2 on: 2009-10-31, 15:53:58 »

Im just finishing creating the texture leaves and placing them, im almost done and ill post the OBJs and Textures in a Zip file here once im done.

« Last Edit: 2009-10-31, 15:56:55 by ORI »

ORI

« Reply #3 on: 2009-11-01, 21:33:30 »

Iv sent it to your mail since the file was too big with the PSD files

ORI

« Reply #4 on: 2009-11-04, 12:12:12 »

Hey Javo, I sent it to your mail 2 days ago. please tell me you got it

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #5 on: 2009-11-04, 13:17:25 »

yes I did.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

ORI

« Reply #6 on: 2009-11-06, 03:06:13 »

Hey Javo, not to be ungrateful or impatient or anything but if you are too busy with modding Crysis just let me know and I think ill either try asking someone else or maybe even try to do it myself when I have the time ,even though it tends to take me forever and from experience  I have to try making a NOT template like 100 times before it actually works which is both frustrating and time consuming.

I just didnt want it to be one of these things that take forever to get released just because Im not too great with the NOT/MilkShit3D technicalitys.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #7 on: 2009-11-06, 13:35:15 »

Dude. Your material assignments don't even match the included files. I'm trying to make heads or tails of what actual material should be used. The names you have for some of your texture files are too long and contain resolution settings not compatible with Redemption.

Are you expecting me to do all the material work for you? What did you expect? If this was a simple import/export then not editor it, I would have been done by now.
« Last Edit: 2009-11-06, 13:44:59 by Javokis »

ORI

« Reply #8 on: 2009-11-06, 17:24:42 »

Dude. Your material assignments don't even match the included files. I'm trying to make heads or tails of what actual material should be used. The names you have for some of your texture files are too long and contain resolution settings not compatible with Redemption.

Are you expecting me to do all the material work for you? What did you expect? If this was a simple import/export then not editor it, I would have been done by now.

No I dont, I didnt know you have a problems like that so I thought it was that simple...

Just tell me what Resolution Setting is required from the textures and how the Materials need to be named and Ill try to export it out of milkshit

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I really didnt want or expect it to be so much trouble so just let me know how you want the model files and ill prepare them that way.
« Last Edit: 2009-11-06, 17:27:10 by ORI »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #9 on: 2009-11-06, 18:53:40 »

This link should help with formating the textures correctly.

https://e-mods.net/forum/index.php?topic=412.0.html

As for naming the textures; Redemption a rather big limitation of number characters for the tga names. I think it's around 28? Give or take 4 chars. And no spaces or special characters allowed.

Be sure that when you create you material name in the editor, it must match the name of the FILE. So if you created a material in your library called ori_treespring01 then your tga file must be called ori_treespring01.tga.
« Last Edit: 2014-02-15, 12:17:58 by Javokis »

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 38 queries.