Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-01-28, 22:31:13
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: AoR and other mods  (Read 3430 times)

CL0wN

• CL0wN.com
AoR and other mods
« on: 2009-10-01, 14:05:59 »

I tried to install the AoR Mod 2009 with the S.I.X. mod, but they are incompatible. I think because some of the templates overlap or maybe because they both run from separate folders. Is there a way I can get both to work? Is there a possibility of a universal AoR Mod that can be used in conjunction with any mod?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: AoR and other mods
« Reply #1 on: 2009-10-02, 01:57:10 »

The quick and dirty way: If you just want the modified mp capable Age of Redemption chronicle you could extract the Codex.nob contents into the main VTMR directory's Codex folder. Then go into AoR.nob and remove the .not files, recompile it if you have to then place into main VTMR directory. (Not recommended unless you want AoR scripts to take over the game)

You will loose features like enhanced AI, party AI, and creature respawn. You'll have just a functional coop campaign that should be usable by all mods. :knock on wood:

The game can only run one user folder mod at a time. If you want features from one mod to be in another than you will need to build a new mod that appends data to shared files from both mods. Throwing .nobs from one mod into another is not a solution. You have to decompile and analyze each mods file structure and append data from files that are shared by both mods. When both mods are using the same .not files then things get really complicated. Loading two of the same .not files that share templates with each into NOT editor causes crashes - just like what happens in the game.

This is why it's important to think about how you create new templates for the game. You cannot have multiples of the same template even if that template is used only to represent a parent. (e.g. MP_Player) It will conflict with mods and other skin packs too. Just a word to the wise.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

gschenker

« Reply #2 on: 2010-01-23, 10:00:57 »

Hi allz!

Is there any game servers after ceasing to exist of WON for V:tM multiplaying? In the past, I have installed the AoR, and in this forum, Javokis wrote that there are hamachi channels for playing V:tM. How can I join to a hamachi server with AoR? (Yes, I also think that hamachi servers are individual server machines, but at the moment, from the game I simply cannot join to internet servers.)  ::)

gschenker

« Reply #3 on: 2010-01-23, 10:11:06 »

Well, in the main site, I have founded some informations about Hamachi in WikiPedia, so I will read it. Sorry for disturbing.  ;D 8)

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 39 queries.