Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-01-29, 14:07:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: A Question about Dominate/Obteneberation  (Read 7103 times)

ORI

A Question about Dominate/Obteneberation
« on: 2009-04-15, 20:02:20 »

So now that the Obteneberation models are all ready here is the general plan for the discipline:

Obteneberation

1) Shadowplay (level 1)- small black shadow shell effect on the target that reduces soak?

2) Shadowplay (level 1)- some sort of semi transparent shadow shell on caster that increases stealth.

3) Shadowplay (level 1)- Increases intimidation dicepool(maybe use a small particle effect depends on how difficult it is to do) .

4) Shroud of the Night (level 2): Create a dark dense particle cloud of size depending on number of success, reduces Stamina and Soak, distorts sound and smell(undecided of how this will play into that).

5) Arms of the Abyss (level 3) : Creates AI spawns of Arms of the Abyss(with number depending on success) that would grapple the victims(using the feed animation) and deliver damage as long as the user fails on automated resist roll.

6)Arms of the Abyss (level 3) : Upon successfull roll creates a single spawn of Arms of the abyss and possess it, allowing control over it(mostly for RP to use as recon).

7) Black Meta Morphosis (level 4): Upon successful roll Changes the user's Model to a compatiable skeleton model of Black Metamorphosis, failure in roll results in spending the bloodpoints and botch results in recieving two points of automated damage(lethal), Casting the discipline again after transformation Allows to make a melee AoE grappeling attack(similar to AotA) on up to two targets in melee range while temporarly reducing the soak+stamina pools of attacked targets as long as they remain in range if only 1 target is in melee range s/he is attacked twice(similar to celerity).
  7a*) Black Meta Morphosis (level 4): (still undecided about this one cause it may be potentially overpowered) if the user has Celerity in a addition this power it can use the melee AoE attack in conjunction with Celerity in a similar fashion to beserk Celerity(double melee attack on target for every dot in celerity).

8) Teneberous form (level 5): transform the user into a dense black particle cloud(similar to the original earthmeld effect maybe) after some time , makes user immune to anything physical save for fire and sunlight(and exploasions) , user may not make physical attacks but can still use Mental disciplines while in this form, casting the discipline again on the ground after the initial transformation causes the user to levitate(similar to Movement of the mind level 3) , Temporarly Reduces the Stamina and Soak of targets in melee range.

Note: All powers will require that any Non-kindred make a courage roll(difficulty 8) and if fail they become dreadgazed.
Note #2: At places where I say reduces Stamina and soak, it applies 1 damage per turn 3 sec to mortal characters(humans,ghouls,mages) because they begin to asphixyate.( the effect is non cumulative so it may require this part to be a .ned effect so it will work correctly)

Question: Is it possiable to cast the possession effect without preventing the chat? and if not is it possiable to modify the effect to accomplish that?

Queston #2: how do I modify the particle based effects?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: A Question about Dominate/Obteneberation
« Reply #1 on: 2009-04-15, 21:37:12 »

All that sounds pretty good. Here's my answers to the two questions:

1) No... and No.

2) Particle definitions are actually located in the game.npd file. (Check wodal.nob sub-direct to misc folder). A definition still needs a template so a combination of NOT editing is needed.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

ORI

« Reply #2 on: 2009-04-15, 23:38:13 »

Particle system seems easy enough to make sense of (its very similar to the particle systems in after effects) but how do you determine the position of the emitter? like you did with Eyes of the beast?

And what is the maximum material image size I can have?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #3 on: 2009-04-16, 10:53:56 »

The eye attachment is not a part of any particle definition. Eyes of the Beast is java scripted effect that attaches the 2 particle templates to the head with an offset adjustment for the eyes. Check the EffectEyesOfTheBeast.java source located in the wodal source effects folder.

I'm not sure what the maximum size of a particle object can be, but judging by the mist form, you can go quite large, but I doudt large enough to fill uptown new york.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

ORI

« Reply #4 on: 2009-04-16, 22:57:59 »

Max size is no issue cause at worst case I can create several particle clouds depending on the number of success

Im also considering adding another advance power to move the shroud of the night since that is useful sometimes especially since gives penalty to enemies actions.

However that would have to be postponed for now as I must finish some enviroment modeling for a deadline next week
« Last Edit: 2009-04-16, 23:05:20 by ORI »

Mv.c9

« Reply #5 on: 2010-01-20, 07:00:24 »

so ORI, have you made Obtenebration for Wodal ?!
New Disciplines Mod - Bloodlines
http://www.moddb.com/mods/bloodlines-antitribu

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #6 on: 2010-01-20, 16:43:47 »

I get the feeling that even if I were to work on 0.5a, ORI would still not be finished with Obtenebration. Since he first talked about making it since 0.2a, I haven't seen much but a couple of models not fully ready to run in Redemption. He is either too busy to work on it or he's not motivated unless I'm pounding out mods as often as I take a shit.

Mv.c9

« Reply #7 on: 2010-01-23, 09:55:28 »

well, Myabe i can do something, I did it for Bloodlines, maybe i can do it for Redemption too.

though i dont know the discipline format for wodal, since its not level based.
btw why is not level based ?! i mean why do we need one to choose and one to activate. wasnt the old format easier ?!

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #8 on: 2010-01-23, 11:41:47 »

I just made a tutorial on creating disciplines on my playlist. Hope that helps.

Oh and this topic comes to mind when questioning why Wodal is the way it is (at PV):

http://forumplanet.gamespy.com/redemption_modding/b50396/19974590/p1/?254

« Last Edit: 2010-01-23, 14:38:28 by Javokis »

Mv.c9

« Reply #9 on: 2010-01-24, 02:41:25 »

I just made a tutorial on creating disciplines on my playlist. Hope that helps.

Oh and this topic comes to mind when questioning why Wodal is the way it is (at PV):

http://forumplanet.gamespy.com/redemption_modding/b50396/19974590/p1/?254

thanks i will take a look at that.

well i wont go much more off topic, but one last thing, i know wodal allows you making disciplines without causing any crashes, but does that mean the e-mod system does cause crashes ?!

I will get on the disciplines asap

Mv.c9

« Reply #10 on: 2010-01-24, 06:26:52 »

if i want to add or edit particles and files within the nod files, will it work if i extract them ? if so then where ?

i managed to make something out of whatever the mod had, i was planning to add some more particles, but i want to know where should i add them, for instance the "arms of the abyss of that player" !btw you said ori sent some files to you do you have them ?!

i have now partially done 3 levels:

• 1. Shadow Play - this one is a little tricky according to your description, will it work if you design 2 functions separately ?! i mean one with targetingand one onself !!!??
  • 2. Shroud of Night - im currently making, i plan on a big black mist that reduces dexterity and stamina
  • 3. Arms of Ahriman - i still need to know how to extract the templates  and put them back! so i can make a friendly Arms of Ahriman (i like this name more  :) its mentioned in the high clans book )
  • 4. Black Metamorphosis. - is done without the arms of the abyss particle, now i have one question, you want the arms attached to the player or just summon 4 arms of the abyss randomly.
  • 5. Tenebrous Form - i made some-kinda black mist form !
« Last Edit: 2010-01-24, 08:04:22 by Mv.c9 »

Mv.c9

« Reply #11 on: 2010-01-24, 23:12:16 »

ok, i finished Obtenebration Partially, i still need to know the extraction method, so i can make my own templates.

1. shadow play: the first function finished, im now working on the semi-invisibility function
2. shroud of nigh: almost works, but lacks a unique template, again goes on how do i extract them.
3. arms of the abyss: summon Arms of Ahriman, but as enemies, i need to reconfigure them in a new .not templates.
4. Black Metamorphosis: if ori gives his model to me i guess i can do something about it, if not, ill make one my self
5. tenebrous form: tuns you into a big black cloud

now the questions are:
(1) if i make a new not. and extract it on the main wodal folder, can i still use its functions or does it has to be in a .nob ?
(2) what do you want shroud of nigh to do exactly ? is not clearly mentioned in you description ? my idea is to reduce all targets dexterity within range by 1. you want more ?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #12 on: 2010-01-24, 23:39:04 »

Did you miss the NOT Editor tutorials? Yeah. I think you did.

Mv.c9

« Reply #13 on: 2010-01-25, 02:29:46 »

Did you miss the NOT Editor tutorials? Yeah. I think you did.

yeah, sorry, eveyones crazy in its own way, mine was that. now about that shroud of night. what is the effect except covering an area ?

and has ORI sent you his black metamorphosis model ?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #14 on: 2010-01-25, 11:08:34 »

Yeah actually it's already available for download here:

https://e-mods.net/forum/index.php?topic=757.0.html

Download MY attachment, not his. Mine has the fixes.
« Last Edit: 2014-02-15, 12:05:41 by Javokis »

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 40 queries.