Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2018-10-20, 21:59:05
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: E-Mod 1.9 Development  (Read 27615 times)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: E-Mod 1.9 Development
« Reply #30 on: 2009-06-22, 10:35:04 »

Lobo: I'm experimenting with symbolic visualization to represent active spells. If you look closely at the particles, they reflect the symbol representation of the active spell. I know it's hard to tell on a youtube video.

The first point cloud9 made is very good one and it was addressed as a primary goal to remove all of the "clans" in favor of more simplistic system for emod 1.9. Looking back at 1.8, those clans were mainly for the old team whom are no longer around - the cannon left with them. Instead of clans, the aim is go for "prefessions" that are generic and will work for both vampires and magi (enchanted mortals). I haven't decided on what all the professions will be called, but they will go something along the lines of:

Assassin (Chi + a couple of useful spells for assassinations like Body and Mind)
Mage (Meta Spells mostly + a couple of spell groups. There should be different kinds of Mages, but I think all of them should have Meta)
Elementalist (These will come in various forms having pure knowledge in the elemental powers)
Hunter (Knowledge in Divine as well as a couple of spell groups possibly Light & Darkness + Healing)
Witch (Having knowledge in Witchcraft + a couple of spells)

The objective is to give meaningful profession names that a player could identify with rather than complex clan names that have no back story. The above list is tentative, but promising.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Mv.c9

« Reply #31 on: 2009-06-22, 13:07:52 »

kool

but can this clan system work out in the single player ???
what do you think of tomes ??? can we  also have that ?
New Disciplines Mod - Bloodlines
http://www.moddb.com/mods/bloodlines-antitribu

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #32 on: 2009-06-22, 14:22:20 »

Tomes could work, but I was thinking about Obelisks. You touch an Obelisk device and it'll give you the specific spell knowledge in a hopefully dramatic way.

The clans will remain unchanged in single player. Christof will still be Brujah, Serena as Cappadocian, Erik as Gangrel, ect. The difference will be what those clans will do in E-Mod for the purpose of playing single player since none of those clans will be on the multiplayer list in 1.9 nor any official part of the Emod world. 1.9 intends on enforcing the differences in the world of Emod. Emod will not be World of Darkness, but will have some parallels to it. There may not be any officially recognized vampire clans, but there will be vampires, demons, werewolves, and other supernatural entities. Just that everything will fit into a system of professions rather than actual clans. The objective will be to find spells and abilities well suited for the single player elements. Brujah normally use strength, speed, and influence to obtain what they want so spells like Body, Mind, and Telekinesis will be given to Christof and Wilhem from the get-go. Gangrel are animalistic so Beasterium will be one of their specialties thus given to Erik.  Cappadocian like to manipulate the dead and explore the spirit world so Necromancy would seem well suited for Serena.

Pretty much what was in 1.8 single player will be in 1.9 just with more balance and playability.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
    • CLICK HERE TO VISIT MYSPACE SITE.
« Reply #33 on: 2009-06-22, 16:34:28 »

OWW gosh! i made yet another mistake haha Sorry man, you already explained about the clans over in Messenger and i AGREE completely with you about Professions rather than Clans.

I wrote:
*Hey Javo could you please Confirm all the "Planned" clans for 1.09?*

I meant "GROUPS" instead of "Clans" haha SORRY! I wanted to see how many Groups you have planned for 1.09.

Obelisks are kick ass idea! i will go for Obelisks rather than Tomes... kinda like in The Witcher, or maybe have both? so you can read it as a book with certain amount of INT+PER, or have some as obelisks and some as books?

I understand what you trying to do on the icons floating arround effects in Body group, i like it alot but i think the effect is a little too flashy for the Body Group, i feel they could fit great in other group and i rather have a different effect in body spells, that is my humble opinion, but do as you feel as long as it does the specified attributes i can deal with the glamour of it with no problem.

So, could you share with us what Power/Magic groups are planned for 1.09?

I see you decided to work on chi, you planning on adding a group of Chi attacks? if so, that is extremely cool, i can see how emod 1.09 gona be a Huge Extreme Mod!

Can i suggest another Profession? the "Monk", give it also Chi, Mind and Healing.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-22, 16:38:57 by DarkLobo »
Victims... arent we all?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #34 on: 2009-06-22, 18:42:50 »

Well here's a list of groups we already know:

Divine
Kindred
Body
Mind
Foresight
Light&Darkness
Telekinesis
Beasterium
Illusion
Healing
Necromancy
Earth
Lightning
Fire
Ice
Meta
Actions

All the above will be re-written for the new backbone system with numerous bug fixes and client synchronization fixes.
Now here's the new stuff we put on the table:

Tao Qi - Powers involving channeling the chi.
Witchcraft - Powers that involve ritual casting.
Alchemy - Powers that involve potions.
Summon - Powers that involve summoning and controlling various creatures. (Highly tentative)

Dark Void - Powers that involve channeling the "Other World" like Silent Hill. This power will require new maps. (Highly anticipated) Allows Dark Void casters to move through the "Other World", call forth creatures to manifest based on caster's humanity, and reek havoc on other players by scaring the living hell out them, literally. If this power can be pulled off as I imagine, it could be the next Eureka of Emod 1.9 like the Rune powers were for Emod 1.8.

Camera Studio - For those who want to make fun video stuff. Unsure what it'll look like when it's developed, but it should be cool.

More Elemental Powers

Nature - Powers that involve manipulation and creation of plants.
Water - A more base level version of Ice
Air - A more base level version of Lightning

The Dark Void power will be a project of its own and will be saved for last.

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #35 on: 2009-06-22, 19:57:00 »

Holy mother of Jesus! this is gona be Frozen Cool!

Its gona take you a while, but could be THE MOD of Redemption.
Victims... arent we all?

Mv.c9

« Reply #36 on: 2009-06-23, 06:42:01 »

i think is better not too make too many spells, we dont want to face  the same problem as clans in 1.8.

+ now i believe water and air combined is ice, so rather not make that.

+ also nature can be some how mixed and merged with earth  or even replace.

also i think we should have our classic 13 vampire clans + the ones you mention. so we can avoid any bugs in the single player.

an Idea that Just Came trough:

the whole obelisk thing reminds me of the witcher i played it 3 times full with all its possible  5 - 7 endings.
now this would also bring up the idea of increasing the resistance to that element when touching the obelisk - you can only touch the obelisk once. and when touching you gain a permanent increase resistance to that element and an decrese in its oposite element like if its the element of fire you gain +50 to fire resistance and an decrease of -25 in Ice resistance, now in other non elemental obelisks we can gain some armor bonuses or some permanent increase in stats like mind obelisk increase all mental abilities (perception, intelligence and wits)  by +5 each and for body obelisk all physical (str, dex, stamina) increse by +5 and no drawback for this kinda obelisks. .. if we have two fire obelisks and you thouch it again you will have another increase of +50 in fire and decrease of -25 in ice.  or we can propose that you cannot touch the same element twice.

on where the obelisks should be included or be  appeared. i have an idea over that. we have three type of obelisks.

+ ones that are left alone in nature to be harvested in secret areas.
                  like obelisk of light and darkness behind  the trap door in nosferatu tunnels 2.

+ ones that rise after killing a certain boss.
                  like fire comes with killing Ardan. and Ice with killing virestania.

+ ones that will be available after killing the boss.
                   like there is an Nature obelisk at the monastery level 2 in the room in front of the
                   graveyard  (the one with many pillars) but you cannot access it until you kill the golem.

note: I'll start trying to do the codings for some of the above ideas, this weekend. i hope to be able to succeed :) :P
« Last Edit: 2009-06-23, 07:01:44 by Mv.c9 »

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #37 on: 2009-06-23, 11:15:24 »

This is not WoD, this mod is non WhiteWolf related, so there are no CLANS per say... i agree with Javokis on the Classes instead of WoD Clans, if by some means the clans will remain in SP Only because of the compatibility and story of Redepmtion, but i think there will not be any Clans selectable in Multiplayer, and its better because it will be more open to ANY other story.

In my opinion, the more Group spells the better... this could lead to a much higher deep in stories and chronicles that are non-wod.

If some people want Clans, Disciplines and WoD universe, i guess they can try WoDMod, Wodal, WTDarkness and so on.

Dont worry about Bugs in SP for the lack of Clans, Javokis ALWAYS find his way... and to be honest i DOUBT many people will be playing Emod 1.09 SP at all. I think the whole SP in emod should be removed and someday in the future there could be a Complete Emod Universe SP.

I can visualize "Nature", pretty similar to the runes... i think its worth to try, Dark Void hmmm sound really deep, this could even be the SP of Emod 1.09 along with its custom maps.
Victims... arent we all?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #38 on: 2009-06-23, 11:41:15 »

It shouldn't be a problem to separate air, water, and nature to different groups. When it is well designed, it's not going to be confusing. In no way will adding more groups relate to the confusing problems of the clans. Powers are just not on the same logical level as a bunch of meaningless clan names.

The 13 clans don't have to be on the multiplayer list to stay in the game. There is a flag setting for clans to allow them to remain hidden from the multiplayer selection list. No chance of bugs there.

What you're suggesting would require me to adjust scenes in the single player game to add the obelisks. Single player has usually remained as a test ground for most of my mods to be sure that I have achieved stability. Just like Wodal, I tend to make only basic adjustments to single player to see how balanced and stable everything is. Quite frankly I would rather make an entirely new single player game than continue using the existing one as a test ground, but I doubt I'll ever have much time or inspiration for that. The obelisks should mostly be a multiplayer feature that can be spawned by the storytellers or introduced into new chronicles.

You can do what you like to the single player game if that's what you want to do, but I'm saying that I'm not going to do any major work with single player myself.

Mv.c9

« Reply #39 on: 2009-06-24, 05:04:10 »

ok then, i will worry about that later.maybe after the mod is complete ill give it a try, by using this mod as a base but for now i didnt mentioned it.
but if you guys actually read what i wrote it has nothing to do with the redemption story it self, they are just concepts that you can use in what ever setting. the point about making a new single player is that if is going to be made with the multiplayer channel its not gonna be quite interesting coz the players will summon whatever they need or remove the enemy or adding to their points and generation. experience would have no meaning. if it can be based up on the Single player system it would be great.
so do you have a story in mind for your E mod single player ??? is it based on learning spells or is there a special plot like saving people killing monsters ???

btw. i cant make some of the characters to attack with their 1.8 spells, like etrius, he will only use his mele attack attack.
also im still not getting how vucketluck turns to zulo at will ??? is there anything special he triggers or what ?

if there is anything in particular you have in mind, let me give it a try ? i have a few days free on my hand. if im gonna work on the discipline spells what do you really want me to change.

btw in your new characters is there going to be any use for blood any more ???

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #40 on: 2009-06-24, 11:54:32 »

Please do not use this thread for 1.8 Q&A. I'm doing so much rebuilding in 1.9 that there is no relevance to any 1.8 issues - there will be a whole wave new problems instead.

I have not thought about the specifics of a new single player. My plate is too full for that. Takes enough energy to concentrate on multiplayer. I have thought about multiplayer chronicles more than I have about single player ones.

My idea for multiplayer chronicles included building the spell colleges and yes, those would be about learning spells and understanding what goes into the professions. I'm currently struggling with inspiration when it comes to mapping.

Of course blood will still be used by non-humans(non-magi). I had already addressed this question in an earlier post. Some powers will only use blood, others will only use mana. Spells pretty much draw from both depending on who's casting.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #41 on: 2009-06-24, 19:51:56 »

[Videos removed]

See channel home page here:

http://www.youtube.com/javokis
« Last Edit: 2010-01-20, 16:33:59 by Javokis »

Mv.c9

« Reply #42 on: 2009-06-25, 03:33:59 »

can you leave that second video for download ???

Mv.c9

« Reply #43 on: 2009-06-25, 05:11:18 »

awesome vid.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-25, 11:23:04 by Mv.c9 »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #44 on: 2009-06-25, 11:21:15 »

Let me lay down a few rules for this thread:

Don't ask questions not related to Emod 1.9 development.
This is not an Emod 1.8 troubleshooting thread.
This is a not a tutorial thread either.

As for posting the video as a download, I'm sticking with youtube for the time being as it allows me to easily annotate what has been done. There's a lot of videos going to be made in the future and I don't want my server space and bandwidth to be taken up on that.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-25, 11:23:04 by Javokis »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Page created in 6.395 seconds with 25 queries.