Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-01-26, 14:19:33
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Bug  (Read 5439 times)

ORI

Bug
« on: 2007-09-14, 16:05:40 »

My thaumaturgy roll works like this (This is a example of a 2nd level power so difficulty should be 5+ magic resistance if any:
Magic resistance merit is first captured by this line which should take the value of 2 if it exsist (incidently it is also the point cost of Magic resistance so it all should look nice on the character sheet:

{charcheck: target, store, magicreschk, magic resistance}

The charcheck returns 'Null' for none magic resistance characters as they dont have magic resistance in their character sheet, but when I try to do the following in a roll:

{rolldice: caster, invoke, <var.caster.castwilpwr>, 5+<var.target.magicreschk>}

Instead I get the result as shown in The Attached image of a roll with 0 difficulty for non magic resistanc characters  .

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Bug
« Reply #1 on: 2007-09-14, 17:02:44 »

That's because you combined 5+null which returns an error (thus the whole math equation returns 0), this is fixed in 0.3a, but in 0.2a, you're going to have to use {var} to change a null value into 0. In 0.3a {charcheck} will always return 0 if 'not found' thus ending this error problem and the need for an extra step to avoid it.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

ORI

« Reply #2 on: 2007-09-14, 17:17:33 »

ok thanks, thought it might be that but it didnt make much sense since its a + not a *.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #3 on: 2007-09-17, 03:08:51 »

On the topic of bugs,

I finally fixed the sun damage region bug... sortof. Instead of sun regions not doing any damage to vampires like they should, they at least do damage if you stand out in the sun damage areas long enough. I spent 6-7 hours debugging the cause for the damage override not working with damage regions - I'm going to have to rework script for other damage region effects too.

Ugh...  :-\
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Azraelthe7th

• Demon Vilicus
    • Shadownessence: The World of Darkness Unfolded
« Reply #4 on: 2007-09-25, 14:21:42 »

Ok, I've been trying out my Ride the Flames power and it's been giving me this error:
{check: compare, value, <var.caster.EXCEPTIONERROR>, is:equal:1}

the error being    
{check: compare, value, <var.caster.rideflames>, is:equal:1}

I have a var concatenation for the rideflames concatenation like so:    
{var: caster, rideflames, value, 1}

Any help?
Come see the World of Darkness unfold.
Dark Ages Christof Romulad: 55%

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #5 on: 2007-09-25, 15:51:44 »

Activate logging and try the discipline again then attach the log file pertaining to your discipline. Also please attach your code to the discipline too.

Azraelthe7th

• Demon Vilicus
    • Shadownessence: The World of Darkness Unfolded
« Reply #6 on: 2007-09-25, 23:08:53 »

Ok, here's the log and command files for the discipline/power.

Come see the World of Darkness unfold.
Dark Ages Christof Romulad: 55%

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #7 on: 2007-09-26, 10:18:21 »

Ok. Right off hand, you're trying to check a variable that you have not given life to. In this new version all undefined variables start out as 'null'. At the start of your script, you must first check if the variable is null by using the text compare rather than a value compare. Place the check for null at the start of your event.

;This will give your variable a starting value if it had not been instantiated yet.
{check: compare, text, <var.caster.rideflames>, is:equal:null}
    {var: caster, rideflames, value, 0}
{endcheck}

Another good idea is just to stop using values for variables that are only used as flags. Use a text variable instead so you wont have to worry about making the above line of code. Values should only be used for math - not flags. Actually, just change you check compares to text. That should fix the problem all together.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #8 on: 2008-12-27, 12:24:38 »

Ok I found bugs in the feed script. I'll attach the new fixes for anyone who wants them in the repository. ;)

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 40 queries.