Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-01-23, 04:30:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Redemption Source Planning  (Read 9331 times)

Azraelthe7th

• Demon Vilicus
    • Shadownessence: The World of Darkness Unfolded
Re: Redemption Source Planning
« Reply #15 on: 2007-12-15, 08:32:44 »

Question:  How would one determine what type of feeding you want to use?  Would it be based on situation (i.e.attacking/attacked=throat rip) or how long you've pressed the button?  Or maybe a combination?  Like Feed+Attack = Rough, while Feed + Talk = Smoother?

I like the idea of Wilhelm properly instructing Christof on the art of feeding, but it shouldn't be full blown mission.  A prelude to a mission, perhaps, but not something to spend more than 5-10 minutes on.

Incidentally, the Cappadocian mission should include more options than "go in and KILL KILL KILL!".  Christof and Wilhelm should have the option of talking their way through.  Maybe if they opt for that path, the Cappadocians (or those who were still loyal to Garinol) would confront Mercurio themselves instead of it being Christof & Wilhelm.
Come see the World of Darkness unfold.
Dark Ages Christof Romulad: 55%

Azraelthe7th

• Demon Vilicus
« Reply #16 on: 2008-12-15, 20:35:13 »

Further planning ideas:

Intro cut-scene could be Christof dreaming of the boar and the vampire from the manual.  Just flashes from his view of their eyes, before waking up for the battle with the babarians.

Return from Vienna:  Assuming we get that far into the mod, I'd like the return from Vienna to be a "run for your unlives" scenario.  Considering Erik is dead, it'd be one hell of a scene as the remaining troupe, riding a carriage of sorts to Prague, gets attacked by a pack of Garou.  The player would have to keep them at bay until they reach Prague.  We could also have it known that the Garou aren't there to kill necessarily the group, but to keep them away from their territories.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #17 on: 2008-12-15, 21:14:10 »

The first one sounds great, but the second sounds like it might be a player's worst nightmare. A coterie of vampire according to the wod can barely face off a single Garou. How can the player be expected to hold off an assault? Unless we give them something... maybe we could change a bit of the direction a bit to allow some Tremere know-how to aid the players in at least repelling the Garou advance. A charm of some kind that is made of silver? Unfortunately, I can't really think this far effectively.  We really should come up with how we want the mission flow in Prague to go before we start trotting to and fro Vienna.

BTW: I probably wont be able to start on anything significant till summer, but I'll dabble with the Source a bit off and on for the next 6 months. I think I can take another shot at C++ again. I know you want to try Lua, but we'll need C++ for some of things we want to do with this mod.

Oh and I kind of posted a job for a mapper in the PV forum. I really hope we can find some talent willing to help. My mind just wants to explode thinking about having to double up as both a professional mapper and programmer. I don't think I can do that with the Source engine. I did quite a lot with the NOD engine, mind you, it took me 3 years of constant tampering to learn all that I know about NOD engine - took away a lot of my sanity too.

Oh and I'm not scared of White-Wolf anymore so let's do this thing.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #18 on: 2008-12-30, 15:53:14 »

I have an idea after looking at ORI's modeling. Have you ever played Fallout3? There's these bobbleheads scattered around the wasteland that you can pick and collects on stand back at your house.

I figure maybe we can have something similar, but with chess pieces on a chess board. ORI can make the various key cast members as chess pieces and our mappers can hide them on various maps so the player can find them to add to there chess board back at the university haven. This could make for a nice side bit of gameplay, but doesn't have to be realistic in the slightest. Just an Easter egg like the bobbleheads in Fallout 3.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Azraelthe7th

• Demon Vilicus
« Reply #19 on: 2008-12-30, 17:07:08 »

First of all: Fuck yeah!  :p

For the Garou thing, it's more of a "Shit! Try to survive!" type of thing.  The players would never leave the carriage (or whatever) and the werewolves don't attact with death on their minds.  Except at the end.  Where they kill the horses and the ghoul who's driving it.

I like the chess pieces thing.  Nice easter egg for those who like that kind of stuff.  Heh, we could make them achievements!  :p

Well, if we can.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #20 on: 2009-01-01, 20:46:06 »

A good question was popped up in the PV forum.

How should we handle feeding off of other vampires? I think the option should be there, but come at a price.

Xaltar

• Vampires Gaze
« Reply #21 on: 2009-01-03, 13:13:25 »

I think a roll should be made to determine if they can stop feeding. Thats the way we do it in PnP, at least the first few times, once feelings get involved the difficulty of the roll lessens untill it becomes an automatic feat. Fail the roll and you will attempt to diablerise the other party, if they are stronger than you, well they fight you off and kill you. Kinda like russian roulette. Then the vitae in your system should grant you some bonuses if you succeed the roll. You can make it even more dangerous by having the NPC make a roll too ;)

We have a fairly complex relationship system we use in PnP to determine the difficulty as well as role playing atmosphere.

I will be happy to detail it if anyone is interested.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #22 on: 2009-01-03, 14:02:18 »

I guess I forgot to attach the revised plans up to the point of embrace. The plans posted on first page are dated. I'll update it. I'll do that now:
« Last Edit: 2009-01-03, 14:14:54 by Javokis »

Phantom of the Vamp

« Reply #23 on: 2010-12-25, 14:13:35 »

I think a lot of people would enjoy small quests/chronicles in and around old prague.  You guys have some great ideas.  :)
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 39 queries.