Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-02-25, 20:51:20
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Problem with Possession Effect + Targetting props  (Read 3543 times)

ORI

Problem with Possession Effect + Targetting props
« on: 2007-09-12, 18:48:01 »

So Iv found a good way to do movement of the mind

For that my script spawns a Shadowmen actor from the COTD pack (Invisiable actor for those who do not know) ,does a Attach or Weapon Override (if the item is a weapon) with the target's template and posessess the newly spawned actor.

Now the first two stages seem to work correctly ( for items that are weapons anyway) but the possession part doesnt want to work and I cant figure why.

Here is the part of the code that does this process ( for weapons) I still need to add a few lines to bring the object back in its new position after the discipline "ends".

{check: thing: target, is, weapon}
      {spawn: target, cotd_shadowmentaser, nadaman}
      {weaponoverride: nadaman, <template.target>, 0}
      {remove: target}
      {effect: nadaman, caster, refresh, ef_disc_possession, 5, 0}
      {delay: <var.caster.invoke>*1000}
      {endeffect: owner-type, effectname, all}
   {stopwhen:true}

Here is what I use for Item and Prop: (( Note: I have to add weapon override brass knuckles to both check's body))

{check: thing: target, is, prop} <--------------- This whole thing doesnt seem to work at all , Do I have to use Iterate?
      {attach: nadaman, <template.target>, chest, 0, 0, 0}
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   {check: thing: target, is, item}
      {attach: nadaman, <template.target>, chest, 0, 0, 0} <----this line  didnt work when I tried it dont know why, the rest of the body of the check did run through (except for Possession not working correctly of course)
« Last Edit: 2007-09-12, 18:57:36 by ORI »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Problem with Possession Effect + Targetting props
« Reply #1 on: 2007-09-12, 20:33:00 »

It could be that cotd_shadowmen are IMMUNE to possession. Again, check the AI of an npc you want to possess before possessing it. The AI files are in misc/AI (as .nai files). The cause within the file is from a mindflag of 0x1f. Open the nai file in nopepad, remove the line with the mindflag, save the nai file in the correct directory (or recompile the .nob) then run your script in Wodal again.

If you're using MoTA for the CoTD stuff then the AI files are in MoTA_System.nob.

[edit]

I have checked the shadowmen template's AI setting. They are using enemyWraith.nai, which is NOT located in MoTA_System.nob, but within Resource.nob. I can tell off hand that enemyWraith.nai contains the mindflag that makes them immune to mind effects such as possession, fear, dazed, and awed - in essence they are immune to all mind effects.

[edit again]

It would most likely be easier just to make your own custom templates. You do know I have tutorials for creating this stuff, right?
« Last Edit: 2007-09-12, 20:44:59 by Javokis »
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

ORI

Re: Problem with Possession Effect + Targetting props
« Reply #2 on: 2007-09-13, 04:19:23 »

ah ok thanks, ill make sure to check that next time. I will compile a new .nob and template then.

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 40 queries.