Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-01-19, 03:43:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Mapping Project  (Read 3409 times)

Mort

• Team
Mapping Project
« on: 2006-07-20, 14:25:37 »

hey, the storyteller of our rping guild ICT has asked me to ask you if you could possibly help us out

maps we use for our RPs include BTDALLAS, Central London Hub, New Jericho By Night, and Baton Rouge.

He wants to know if it is anyway possible to link these maps together into one large map connected by a subway or something, (which already exists in btdallas)

we always have problems of switching maps during the middle of the game and our storyteller isn't on a very relyable computer so he hates changing maps all the time because it takes forever for his computer to boot up.

anyway let me know if its possible.

thanks for the help

-mgust35
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Mapping Project
« Reply #1 on: 2006-07-20, 19:03:33 »

Yes. It involves copying all of the centent of each of these chronicle's .nsc files located in their perspective chronicles folder into one newly created nsc file.

Then compile the chronicles folder containing your nsc file into a nob and destribute it accordingly.

nsc files are merely notepad text files with their extensions changed to nsc. You can also try your luck at Chronicle Director located here at e-mods.net under downloads/tools.

Good luck. ;)
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Mort

• Team
« Reply #2 on: 2006-07-20, 22:57:24 »

thanks for your help. objective complete! ;D ;)
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

Mort

• Team
« Reply #3 on: 2006-07-21, 01:35:05 »

or so i thought.. grr. for some reason not all the locations are showing up on the list when i test it out in game.  i looked and they are in their locations and exits like all the others are.

i didn't have much luck with the chronicle director so i did your suggestion of copy paste.  been working on it all night and its not workin out for me

perhaps you can give it a try. it would help me out a lot.  i would really really appreciate it if you could.

The link is a zip containing the NSC files i wish to add together into one big one.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/yr6rmc

Mort

• Team
« Reply #4 on: 2006-07-21, 01:46:39 »

Could this problem possibly be that there is a limit of locations on a vtmr map?

Ive been fooling around with it and in the ST location pane some of the maps locations are cut off, listing only a few from a certain map.
« Last Edit: 2006-07-21, 01:52:09 by mgust35 »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #5 on: 2006-07-21, 08:08:49 »

I'll look into adding something for MoTA when I get around to it. If you want to wait, I'll look into it, but if you need it now, you're on your own.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Mort

• Team
« Reply #6 on: 2006-07-21, 12:24:47 »

busy boy ;D

no problem.  i just took a couple of maps and only bound two together or so. all is well. thx for your help ;D

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #7 on: 2006-07-21, 17:50:57 »

There was another thing I wanted to mention about nsc files. You have to have unique names for your locations. If you have more than one location of the same name, only one location will show up on the ST location pane.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 38 queries.