Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-02-25, 13:48:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Newbie question  (Read 7647 times)

Azraelthe7th

• Demon Vilicus
    • Shadownessence: The World of Darkness Unfolded
Newbie question
« on: 2007-09-03, 08:39:48 »

Hey, I've been wanting to try out the beta for the WoDal mod, but I can't seem to get the characters to read properly.  Just to test it out I decided to use the Javokis character, but it doesn't seem to affect how the character is used, and the disciplines aren't appearing.  Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Come see the World of Darkness unfold.
Dark Ages Christof Romulad: 55%

Skyra to Hollow

Re: Newbie question
« Reply #1 on: 2007-09-03, 11:55:43 »

From what I've seen, a player character is usually converted to the corresponding character sheet when they enter the game.  However, if this is not happening then you might have to Revive them and then possess them and enter the console command "addalldisciplines" which will give him the standard Wodal discipline group (along with whatever has been specified in the character sheet text file)

ORI

« Reply #2 on: 2007-09-03, 17:34:18 »

I only revive my character and the play charaters, for NPCs it does on its own it seems.. It usally takes a few moments for it to set up everything and since Javokis did not include some sort of "setup done" statement in the end of the character setup AI script , you have to add it yourself if you want to know when its finished working, to be safe you should wait a min or two after reviving if you didnt modify the AI global.txt file to tell you when its done.

For other characters a revive is not needed, I think they get setup automaticly.

You dont have to use 'addalldisciplines' in either case. At least I dont use that command and it works fine.

Azraelthe7th

• Demon Vilicus
« Reply #3 on: 2007-09-03, 17:50:51 »

So, I essentially make a character, kill him, revive, then wait a bit and see if it works?  I'll try that then.

EDIT: Ok, I tried it and it doesn't seem to work.  Even tried without killing him.  Help?  There doesn't seem to be any indication I'm actually in the WoDal mod.  Don't know if it's a bug, bad installation or simply because the Mod's not complete yet.
« Last Edit: 2007-09-03, 18:33:03 by Azraelthe7th »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #4 on: 2007-09-03, 19:36:32 »

How are you attempting to run the mod? When you install the mod, make sure it is installed into the correct location of your Vampire - Redemption directory then go into your start>programs>Wodal Mod shortcut to run the mod. Do not run the normal game shortcut.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Azraelthe7th

• Demon Vilicus
« Reply #5 on: 2007-09-03, 22:17:59 »

I'm using the mod's shortcut.  The only really noticeable difference I can see between the regular game and the WoDal one is that I can't access the Maps from the MotA pack.  Anything else I should be seeing?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #6 on: 2007-09-03, 23:01:33 »

Wodal should fully work with MoTA. I even have a video showing one of the MoTA Maps running with Wodal here:

[video removed]

The video above shows how to use Wodal. Also the following files should be contained within your Wodal folder. (Attached Image)
« Last Edit: 2010-01-20, 18:54:02 by Javokis »
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Azraelthe7th

• Demon Vilicus
« Reply #7 on: 2007-09-04, 08:05:31 »

Ok, I made a mistake about the MotA pack (It had been a year since I installed Redemption and was pretty sure I had installed the MotA pack), but I'm still unable to make it work.  I even uninstalled and re-installed the mod just to be on the safe side and still nothing.

None of the files seem to be missing, either.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #8 on: 2007-09-04, 09:41:09 »

Ok what chronicle have you tried to run? What exactly do you mean by not working? Be specific - tell me step by step the things you have done - the things you are trying to do. I can't tell if you are missusing the mod, using 0.1a rather than 0.2a, or simply not actually running the mod. Leave nothing out:

-Which version of Wodal are you using?
-Which short cut did you use? Wodal has 2 shortcuts. Also tell me what are the names of the shortcuts (do they say 0.2a or 0.1a?)
-You running Singleplayer, LAN, or Internet?
-What model did you choose?
-What is your character's Name? On version 0.1a your character has to be named Test - there is no Javokis character in 0.1a.
-Which chronicle did you choose?
-Did you use console? What commands did you use?

Try running the Leaves of Three or To Curse the Darkness chronicles and possess an npc. Make sure the npc's stats are single digit and a WP icon appears on them.

Azraelthe7th

• Demon Vilicus
« Reply #9 on: 2007-09-04, 10:38:44 »

Sorry for the lack of info.  Here goes:

I'm using Wodal v0.2
The shortcut I'm using is Vampire_Wodal.exe
I tried it in LAN mode, using the Christof model.  I named the character Azrael and gave him the Cappadocian clan.
Didn't use a chronicle, just a standard map (New York, London)
Didn't use console either except when Skyra suggested I try the "addalldisciplines" command.

Video:

Paine

« Reply #10 on: 2007-09-04, 10:58:59 »

"The shortcut I'm using is Vampire_Wodal.exe"

That's not a shortcut. It's a copy of the Vampire.exe with an edited crypt location.

ORI

« Reply #11 on: 2007-09-04, 11:42:52 »

Start WoDal from the Start menu..

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #12 on: 2007-09-04, 11:51:15 »

Yup. That's your problem. Do not run the exe directly. Run only the shortcut. As paine stated the EXE only changes the crypt - it does not actually run the mod.

Azraelthe7th

• Demon Vilicus
« Reply #13 on: 2007-09-04, 12:14:00 »

*Slaps forehead*  Talk about a bad case of "D'OH!"

Alright, got to try the sample and...well damn, this confirms it: this thing is awesome!

Barnabas

« Reply #14 on: 2008-02-28, 01:38:34 »

I have a question about that mod too. Somewhere in this forum I saw, that there could occur some problems with the mod, if there are other things installed too. Unfortunally I do not find the list with incompatible mods and ather downloads - could you please give me a link to that?
Sorry for my bad english ...

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 40 queries.