Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-01-19, 18:08:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Mod run fail and problems with charset..  (Read 6057 times)

RuThaN

• Cursed writer
    • RuThaNs Lair click on Ragnarokr for my mod info
Mod run fail and problems with charset..
« on: 2007-09-20, 13:29:36 »

If i try run Wodal, appear windows error window with not found javai.dll.
Second problem can you add support Unicode(UTF8)? Its importat i want for npc use typic viking names, with special chars etc.  also can be problem as with year old version of Wodal0.1 with language mutation of game.
  Its Wodal 2.0a also for making conversation?
« Last Edit: 2007-09-22, 03:19:44 by RuThaN »
Brujah antitribu from pagan europian blackearth(now in Prag), but with roots in Scandinavia.
Im gamedesigner and writer, technology is only tool, important are visions and ideas, but its hard, inspire another demons with own visions, so i must lots of technology things make alone, and this is figh

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Missed javai.dll and problems with charset..
« Reply #1 on: 2007-09-20, 14:40:19 »

1st problem is caused by not installing the mod into the correct directory. The mod must be installed into Redemption.
2nd I don't support UTF-8 at this time. I'll have to look into it later, but not now.
3rd is no. Wodal will not have conversation commands till much later, but camera commands have been added in 0.3a.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

RuThaN

• Cursed writer
Re: Mod run fail and problems with charset..
« Reply #2 on: 2007-09-22, 03:23:25 »

1. Yes problem was in directory structure, but directory i now good and game fail in next step, intro ok, click on single player, new game, game falls, in multiplayer i click on start game and game freeze.
  I use minimal install  english with patch 1.1.
« Last Edit: 2007-09-22, 03:44:01 by RuThaN »
Brujah antitribu from pagan europian blackearth(now in Prag), but with roots in Scandinavia.
Im gamedesigner and writer, technology is only tool, important are visions and ideas, but its hard, inspire another demons with own visions, so i must lots of technology things make alone, and this is figh

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #3 on: 2007-09-22, 09:57:00 »

If you did a minimum install you cannot use the no cd shortcut. There are two shortcuts - the NO CD shorcut is used only for full install. Use the shortcut that requires CD.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

RuThaN

• Cursed writer
« Reply #4 on: 2007-09-24, 14:34:56 »

In right *.exe wasnt problem. Problem was somewhere in installation, i did mistake dont try clean installation.. Conclusion, vampire.exe also fall game, now i try new max install and Wodal runs, but im on my in workdays home on another computer. I minimally improve process on install/uninstall and more installation on one machine and HDD partition and also make backup of clean english installation with and without patch.. Disadvange is so my mod project folder have more than 10 GB on every "sick" computer..
    Next problem, i dont invest lots of time to study, but i dont see, some tuporial how use script in game. I read in documetation how i do text sript, but how some script in game i dunno.. I want try Wodal basic instalation script, Javokis character, but i dunno how. I start Multiplayer, select random chronicle, start game and what next?
« Last Edit: 2007-09-25, 13:46:10 by RuThaN »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #5 on: 2007-09-24, 23:40:11 »

There is an HTML document that describes the character creation process in Wodal. The document is on the list of shortcuts created in the Wodal Mod folder of your start menu. Read the part about Character Creation.
« Last Edit: 2007-09-25, 09:50:52 by RuThaN »

RuThaN

• Cursed writer
« Reply #6 on: 2007-09-25, 09:50:21 »

I read it yesterday, but i dont still understand principle.. I found only this passage:
The created file can only be read on server side so connecting to a server that does not have your file will result in disabled abilities and stats. So be sure to share the text file with the admin of the server you wish to connect to so your stats and abilities will be intact. This means that the admin can edit your text file in whatever manner he/she deems appropriate.

What is directly server? I create multiplayer game=server? Or i must start game on two computers, one server, one client? You have some server i which i connect? For me i all these me possibilities improbaly, i hope so i only must click on good thing in game menu.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #7 on: 2007-09-25, 10:00:05 »

Anytime you create a game in multiplayer your computer becomes a server.

RuThaN

• Cursed writer
« Reply #8 on: 2007-09-25, 13:44:59 »

Ok, now i know what you mean server.. Server can means lots of things. My work is loadtesting and monitoring aplications and databases severs systems..

But what next? If i start one of wodal*.exe's and multiplayer game im in normal lan multiplayer game, for sample chronicle To Curse of Darkness, in your videos i see special icons and yelow sentenses about Welcom to Wodal, i dont see nothing similar. I tried, give my character Javokis name, but this is next bad way..
   I need only stupid click to click description as in your tutorials.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #9 on: 2007-09-25, 15:53:35 »

****DO NOT RUN THE EXE'S****

The executables DO NOT RUN THE MOD. Check your start menu. You must run the shortcuts located in Wodal Mod.

RuThaN

• Cursed writer
« Reply #10 on: 2007-09-26, 09:38:50 »

Parameters this is key, thanks.
I thought so this is only stupid piece of picture and hint someone who forgot where have install game and parameters are in your exes.
« Last Edit: 2007-09-28, 03:27:10 by RuThaN »

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 40 queries.