Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2019-08-19, 23:21:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Plans for 0.3a  (Read 4361 times)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Plans for 0.3a
« on: 2007-08-20, 11:08:37 »

Here are some ideas:

-Fix the existing commands (mainly the iterator)
-More error logging (For the wodal coders)
-Add more features to the {check: compare} command to allow contains*, startswith, and endswith checks for partial text matches.
-Add a {clicktrace} command to track npc clicking for conversations or other actions.
-Add a {aitrace} command to track an npc's engagement with enemies.
-Add a {walkto} command to allow scripting of patrolling npcs.
-Add a {camera} command to allow scripting of cutscene camera events.
-Add a {spawnbeam} command to allow creation of beam particles. (lightning bolts and laser stuff)

*Sense Java 1.1.8 does not have a contains command, I'll have to make one from scratch.

"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Plans for 0.3a
« Reply #1 on: 2007-08-29, 11:19:53 »

Ok some additional fixes have been made to reduce lag on high-enemy count levels. I have essencially implemented a buffer system, which should limit the number of scripts that npcs can run. As npcs finish their scripts, the buffer will free up for additional npc scripts to activate. This will reduce the amount of calculations Wodal has to commit to when it comes to running high-enemy or npc count chronicles thus reducing the lag problem.

NOTE: Because of the limitations in Wodal, coders will need to consider the number of enemies on chronicle along with the complexity of their scripts - DO NOT USE INFINITY SCRIPTS. Scripts that never end will tie up the buffer, preventing other npcs from having their scripts activate. Players are not affected by this buffer limitation. A player has no limits to the amount of scripts they can activate.

I have also realized a security issue with allowing Global character files to be written by anyone - I have decided to prevent Global.txt from being written by the {charwriter} command - only an individual character file can be written by {charwriter}.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #2 on: 2007-08-31, 16:13:00 »

Ok I added thus another useful feature for Wodal coders. Now the system will tell you in console what all params are needed if something was inputted incorrectly or not at all for a command.

In addition to fixing error messages some more, I have also implemented save\restore support for the single player game. You will notice that everytime you save the game, Wodal creates its on save file within the Wodal\Saves directory. I will be reworking things to include more 'regular' content to the game to show that Wodal can appeal to everyone - not just pen and paper users.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #3 on: 2007-09-05, 23:09:44 »

Here is a break down of the fixes done so far:

-Redo all the try catch error messages to catch each command seperately *
-Add equals/starts/ends to the {compare} command for text based comparisons *
-Add a script buffer delay to reduce lag and system strain *
-Fixed iterator to no longer catch a non-existant last target *
-Iterator fixed to truly search through storage objects *
-Added a {spawnbeam} command that is designed to create beam particles *
-Added radius, height, and skeleton concatenators *
-{attach} command has been replaced with three new commands: {attachtothing}, {attachtoactor}, and {attachtotarget} *
-Added more animation keywords *
-Added {orientation} and {position} commands with <orientation> and <position> concatenators *
-Added inventory to the list of things an iterator can search through *

Overall I spent a lot of time doing the buffer script as well as completely rebuilding the iterator for much greater performance. I'd say the new iterator is much better than the original.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #4 on: 2007-09-12, 15:12:38 »

I also went through the {charcheck} command. The fixes I have done to that has vastly improved its speed. You may notice a considerably faster system setup than before. Where once the system was changing stats only 1 per second or so, now it sets the whole dang character within 2-3 seconds. I have also noticed that if your character doesn't have a skill or some tag that charcheck was searching for, the variable will occasionally store an invalid value.

I noticed this when I was building Obfuscate 3 - Mask of a Thousand Faces where I was using charcheck to store the Performance skill, which my character DID NOT have inputted at all. Instead of returning 0 or null, charcheck returned "firearms". I was perplexed to say the least. Firearms was the last skill inputted on my character sheet. Well I found out why charcheck was doing that so now it is fixed and should return 0.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #5 on: 2007-09-13, 13:41:36 »

HEADS UP!

The {effects} command has been removed in 0.3a and is replaced by the following:

EFFECTBYVALUE/LEVEL COMMAND (NEW CHANGES IN 0.3A)
-----------------------------

{effectbylevel: owner-type, creator-type, add or refresh, effectname, value#, duration#}
{effectbyvalue: owner-type, creator-type, add or refresh, effectname, value#, duration#}

*Adds an effect available in the Effects.ned file of the game. Using effectbylevel limits
you to the array of values (accepts 0 through 5 ONLY) located in Effects.ned file though
using effectbyvalue allows for your own custom values.

Please make adjustments to your code.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #6 on: 2007-09-21, 00:59:45 »

Ok I updated my list of things I fixed up. 0.3a has a lot of stuff to it:

-Redid all the try catch error messages to catch each command seperately *
-Added equals/starts/ends to the {compare} command for text based comparisons *
-Added a script buffer delay to reduce lag and system strain *
-Script buffer now comes with a nice little 'performance meter' shown as an icon in the game *
-Fixed iterator to no longer catch a non-existant last target *
-Iterator fixed to truly search through storage objects *
-Overall lots of changes to the iterator - it was gutted then rebuilt with new features *
-Instance loop fixed to not crash when someone attempts an infinent instance loop *
-Added a {spawnbeam} command that is designed to create beam particles *
-Added radius, height, skeleton, and just more concatenators (Check updated docs) *
-{attach} command has been replaced with three new commands: {attachtothing}, {attachtoactor}, and {attachtotarget} *
-Added more animation keywords *
-Added {orientation} and {position} commands with <orientation> and <position> concatenators *
-Added inventory to the list of things an iterator can search through *
-Added <id.targeting-type> concatenator to show in-game target id values *
-Added more {trace} commands for killed, aitrace, arrived, and clicked. Some are untested. :0 *
-Added {walkto}, {attack}, {pickup}, and {click} commands *
-Added {camera} and {freecamera} command *
-Added {dumpvar} command to help free up the memory core of Wodal *
-Clients should be able to see what the host sees on screen when a client goes through discipline selections *
-Wodal now filters TAB characters as well as spaces outside "" quotes *
-Fixed charcheck for improved scanning speeds and accurate value returns. *
-Implimented save/restore of Wodal memory system *
-Added Obfuscate and Auspex to the Wodal Mod *
-Made a custom feed script in Wodal to support the new PnP bloodpool stats*
-Global should have only Protean (Fixed), Obfuscate, Common, and Auspex disciplines for players *
-Reorganize non-rp based scripts to only be used by storytellers or npc's *
-Removed a lot of test scripts *
-More combat content added like:
*Vozhd and Werewolves give Willpower to nearby players for killing them
*Removed experience gain - the advancement pane with in-game experience is pretty much useless in Wodal
-define clan was changed to Wodal clan and given an icon look of its own to remove some confusion *
-You can no longer spend on stats while your clan is set to Wodal - not like it matters because of the character sheet *
-Improved pnp combat coding now takes better management of Wodal systems - no more one hit process at a time *
-Fixes to the combat code now allow sun damage regions to work again - actually any damage effect should work properly now. *
-You can now code a concatenator within a concatenator in a hopefully unlimited fashion *
-Much more concatenation support for various commands (Examples are in Auspex) *

I may have missed some things, but I hope I documented them instead so check the docs when the new release arrives.
« Last Edit: 2007-09-21, 01:01:27 by Javokis »

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 25 queries.