Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-01-28, 22:33:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Something strange with frenzy  (Read 2247 times)

Vlad_III

Something strange with frenzy
« on: 2015-08-22, 10:32:31 »

Hello,

I've noticed playing the mod that I never see my gauge of frenzy increased in battle  :o
I have often an icon which appears, indicating that Frenzy increases, but watching my statut gauge, nothing happening.

I'm playing the game with normal level and in the statut, I have the value Frenzy rating = 0,00 that always comes after press button "save and run aor" (normal value is 0,40 before save and launch mod).  It's the cause of the problem?
« Last Edit: 2015-08-22, 10:34:57 by Vlad_III »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Something strange with frenzy
« Reply #1 on: 2015-08-22, 11:13:45 »

I have been getting reports that virus scanners like Avast have been putting my program in "Sandbox" mode, which causes the config app to no longer read the config file. This in turn sets all values to 0, which will effect the game in odd ways. I used to use Avast till it started that "Sandbox" feature, which would start activating on programs without even telling me. This would cause several perfectly safe programs to start malfunctioning. I had ceased using Avast ever since.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Vlad_III

« Reply #2 on: 2015-08-22, 12:01:35 »

I have not avast but kapersky, but problem could be similar.

I turned off the antivirus, reloaded new AoR configuration, but always same bug: the frenzy turns to value = 0 after save and launch game..!

Same thing after configuration of the kapersky sandbox to autorise all folders concerning aor restrictions..

Damn it! I can doing nothing to play without this horrible trouble?  :'(

Edit: I also uninstall Kapersky for testing, and I have always the bug with no antivirus.......  :o
« Last Edit: 2015-08-22, 12:42:39 by Vlad_III »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #3 on: 2015-08-22, 13:03:05 »

I found out that many of these antiviruses leave behind data in the registry after uninstall that will still fowl up the programs that it put into Sandbox mode. You may have to use a registry cleaning tool or you may have to completely reformat to get the bad data out that's preventing programs from running normally. These antiviruses seem to be getting worse by the year.

Also be sure to run the AoR app as Admin.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Vlad_III

« Reply #4 on: 2015-08-22, 13:16:14 »

Ok, thanks for these informations.

I can't formate the PC only for a game and I need an antivirus on the PC.
I will try to clean registry with a new software... but if it doesn't resolve the pb, I think I will  play only one full campaign on AoR  :-[

This bug of frenzy (same thing for Low Health) is really boring for the experience of game ....
« Last Edit: 2015-08-22, 23:17:51 by Vlad_III »

Vlad_III

« Reply #5 on: 2015-08-22, 23:28:00 »

I have an other interrogation.
Is it (or will be) possible to play with AoR config running, but keeping the vanilla frenzy system?
Vanilla frenzy calculation is good too, it will be great if we can have the choice to run it (for the players who have trouble with antivirus), and play with the others AoR ameliorations

« Last Edit: 2015-08-22, 23:33:33 by Vlad_III »

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 39 queries.