Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-01-28, 22:35:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Playing as Christof  (Read 2059 times)

Volkh

Playing as Christof
« on: 2014-11-02, 04:23:52 »

Hi guys, I'm new to AoR and have been playing around in the Multiplayer mode getting ready to host with a friend. I think I'm being a fool but I'm really struggling to find out how to play as Christof. I've made my own character but when I enter the game I start as her and Christof is not there unless I either create him as ST or posses him. I've been looking around on the site and forums for a few hours as well as the launcher menu for AoR and I'm sure there is an option to play as Christof and use the vanilla coterie. I have advanced the story along to Christof's Embrace in the hopes that I would get Wilhelm in my party but no such luck. It's just me. What have I missed? Would like to use the Coterie as AI controlled for now with the hopes of splitting it up between me and a friend later.

Thanks!

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Playing as Christof
« Reply #1 on: 2014-11-02, 07:24:22 »

Because of an arbitrary limitation setup by Nihilistic, the Nod Engine doesn't allow AI coterie members to follow anyone but the host player. With that stated, you must choose the Christof character from the character model list when creating your character in multiplayer. You can choose either the modern or the dark age version and both will be accepted as Christof in the AoR chronicle. This is also true when players want to fill the roles of the other cast members. If no one is playing as Christof then the AoR chronicle will spawn an NPC version of Christof so the cutscenes will still advance as normal. There is no need to control the NPC version of Christof since the NPC version is setup to automatically spawn at key points for a scene. The NPC version was setup to allow players to play as anyone they want and still progress the story in the third person. If players in MP intend to fill the main cast roles of the single player campaign consisting of Wilhem, Serena, Erik, and so on then AI coterie control must be turned OFF. Players wont be able to play as the cast members if an AI version is walking around due to a limitation setup in the cast system by Nihilistic - "There can be only ONE."

"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Volkh

Re: Playing as Christof
« Reply #2 on: 2014-11-02, 10:50:52 »

Ah so it's as simple as choosing Christof as my character model! That's brilliant thank you very much for your information and for a great mod! Keep up the good work!

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 39 queries.