Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-06-27, 11:55:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Adding Textures for Redemption Maps  (Read 8381 times)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Adding Textures for Redemption Maps
« on: 2007-03-24, 15:53:11 »

This tutorial will show you step by step on how to add custom textures to Embrace. This tutorial requires knowledge of building tga files, which is available in the Texturing Redemption using The GIMP topic.

-First step is to go to main Vampire - Redemption folder and find the Materials subfolder. NOTE: Not to be confused with 3d\Materials folder. 3d\Materials folder is for models only. The Materials folder we want is for maps.
-Create a custom folder given a 'unique' name that shouldn't conflict with other author's works - try using your handle as a name.

-Now place all of the tga files you want into the custom folder.

-Now we need to make NAM files for each of our tga files. Fear not, there is tool to make this process painless. Download the tool at this link: Download NAMTool.zip
-Now load up the nam tool and find your Materials/custom folder inside you Vampire - Redemption folder.

-Now copy all of the nam and tga files and place them into the Materials folder so you'll have duplicates in both Materials and Materials\custom locations.

-Now we're ready to load up Embrace. If you don't have it, get it here: Nod SDK v1.1
-Go into the Textures menu and your custom folder name will appear on the list like so...

If all goes well in applying the texture to your map you'll get something like this:

Hope this helps.  ;D

« Last Edit: 2010-04-17, 13:48:34 by Javokis »
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Demortia

• The Crimson Keep
Re: Adding Textures for Redemption Maps
« Reply #1 on: 2007-03-25, 04:22:02 »

Excellent guides! Theres one other thing that I've been asked about a few times in the past....
Perhaps some instruction on how to create and pack a .nob file ( for both maps and skins )? That way if anyone asks me again then I can point them in this direction to save me from confusing them all over again :) ( I dont explain things very well, and in a way only I can understand lol )

Demortia

p.s :
I often wondered why Vamp requires the duplicate textures, dont suppose anyone knows the technical reasons? It seems a bit inefficient to have every texture twice!
« Last Edit: 2007-03-25, 04:25:27 by Demortia »
A Guest once said to me "Oh I like Roleplaying, I just dont like it when people stand around pretending to be Vampires!"

Ezykeyal

« Reply #2 on: 2007-03-25, 09:46:51 »

Shitty programming.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #3 on: 2007-03-25, 11:10:49 »

When you actually distribute your project you don't have to duplicate. This is only for embrace that the materials need duplication.

When you distribute your project, place all of you tga files into your materials folder and keep ONLY the nam files in your materials/custom folders. This should work.

... or was it the other way around. Been awhile sense I messed with textures.
« Last Edit: 2007-03-25, 11:13:36 by Javokis »
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Nagaraja

« Reply #4 on: 2007-07-22, 16:17:27 »

Hiya, recently got back to playing VTM-R the last week or so and started going through all my old dvd disks of mods, maps, skins etc etc a daunting task cos i got quite a few full to capacity most of the old modhaven stuff etc too.

Anyway less babble more reason posting here, while rummiging about on said disks i found loads of the old FAQ pages from the now dead map depository, and in regard to creating a .nob file here is the answer to the age old problems :) any more let me know might be an idea if i send them to rain for posting under this section? (less typing for ya lol)

Anyway here is a blast from the past and the answer..... Best Regards Unforgiven

Question Submitted By: HueyPLong
How do I package and distribute my map or chronicle as a single .nob file?
Answer Category: Mapping / Embrace
Creating a .nob file is easy!
(If you have WinZip)

Just make a new directory (anywhere) and name it your map.

Then make subdirectories under that one, one named levels, maps, scenes, and chronicles.

Then go into your correponding vampire directories (vampire/levels/, vampire/maps/, etc..)

Copy any files, in each vampire directory to YOUR corresponding directory.

e.g. C:/vampire/levels/yourmap.nil
----to---c:/yourmap/levels/yourmap.nil

After your done, just open WinZip, and pick "Create New Zip File".
Name the zip file, whatever you like.

Then put YOUR main directory (make sure subdirectories is enabled)....

SET COMPRESSION TO NONE (very important)

Zip those directories up.

Leave Winzip, and change yourmap.zip, to yourmap.nob

(a .nob file is basically a directory structure that has been zipped without compression)

Well, it's done!

Just zip the .nob file (WITH COMPRESSION), and your ready to upload!

-dyllantina

What it boils down to is creating the neccessary Vampire directory structure, then zipping it all up into an uncompressed .zip file. Of course, then you have to rename the .zip to .nob

-Huey

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #5 on: 2007-07-22, 18:28:51 »

Thanks. I wouldn't mind seeing more of the ol' repository copy-pasted on over here for convenience.

Nagaraja

« Reply #6 on: 2007-07-23, 09:38:26 »

Thanks. I wouldn't mind seeing more of the ol' repository copy-pasted on over here for convenience.

No prob, i have most of the old mapping tutorials just let me know where you want them or i can start new threads with each "the choice is thine" to quote a lovelly dark haired maiden lol
« Last Edit: 2007-07-23, 09:40:57 by Nagaraja »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #7 on: 2007-07-23, 15:34:01 »

Wow! That works.

-Thanks  ;)

Nagaraja

« Reply #8 on: 2007-07-24, 08:34:09 »

There ya go old bean :)

think thats all (or most of the usefull ones from mmod depo) if i find anything more i will post em up, btw if theres anything else you might need gimie a yell i have all sorts of random stuff from the 3-4 yrs i played vtm-r (the good yrs) eg most of the maps, skins, packs, etc from mod haven etc though i am sure you prolly have most just i know some things slip the net or get lost/killed/die  over the years.

Best Regards
Nagaraja/Unforgiven

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #9 on: 2007-07-24, 09:58:06 »

Yeah I was wondering, have you the source .map files to Celtic Realm? I once had them, but I have lost them and have not found them sense.

Nagaraja

« Reply #10 on: 2007-07-26, 10:35:29 »

Had a root around for Celtic but unfortunatly i dont seem to have the map any more, however a coupl of disks/zips appear to have died in the mists of time and ihave a sneaking suspicion that it might be on there, i will keep looking through disks however and if i come accross it i will give you a yell

GreenDragon

« Reply #11 on: 2012-05-16, 02:47:02 »

When I add a custom texture, is it possible to change the way it sounds when walking on it?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #12 on: 2012-05-16, 12:34:43 »

Yes. I forgot to upload the nodsdk documents to my website, but check the NAM file section in the nodsdk docs installed into with the sdk for info about sound types.

GreenDragon

« Reply #13 on: 2012-05-17, 04:44:05 »

I read the nad section of the official SDK-documents, but I don't get how it relates to the custom texture. Should I create a new nad-file and put the keyframe tags in there? Has it something to do with the NOD Exporter?
« Last Edit: 2012-05-17, 04:57:02 by GreenDragon »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #14 on: 2012-05-17, 06:52:24 »

NAM - not NAD

NAM files are like shader files, but without all the cool shader effects.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 24 queries.