Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-08-19, 13:17:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Maps Needed  (Read 9022 times)

Demortia

• The Crimson Keep
Re: Maps Needed
« Reply #30 on: 2006-07-27, 07:45:19 »

I once joined a session, I couldn't keep up and they sometimes had to wait for me to understand... shure I was 14 back then, but still...

lol, I think we do tend to sometimes scare off new players, our backgrounds get very deep and storyline involvement so mind bogglingly twisty that even I get lost sometimes! Add our Dark Future to the mix and you got something that requires a University degree to fully comprehend! lol

I saw that many people see us as completely serious RPers, in a sense we are when it comes to running official storylines, but, this is regularly interrupted with much laughing, joking around and poking fun at each other.
Our group have been together for about 5 years so we get on pretty well and in the end, were there for the fun of being there and RPing together.

We have what I call, a persistant world, so unless ya been with us right from the start, your going to get lost real quick! Think of 5 years of continued storylines all logically linked to one another, and then you'll have a good impression of how tough it'll be to "catch up" with whats going on lol

Anyway, we always welcome those interested in RP, whether they are as skilled as you think we are, or just new to RP and wish to develop their RPing skills further. I can understand why guests in our games might feel like they are holding things up with trying to learn whats going on, but all of us do appreciate that some people need to catch up and to learn our enviroment, so allow for this in game with regular non storyline "Hangouts" specifically so everyone, even us, can get up to date with the latest events.

One major problem though, is each of us have a personal custom made "Haven Map", which isnt availble through our site. This is awarded to our members and is built specifically to their requirements. This map belongs to them and is the members choice to distribute to those people whom the member "trusts".
This can be a problem as these maps are used quite a lot, so some notice of guests joining the session would be required.

I'll be happy to answer any question you have about our group :) even if its just for curiosities sake lol

btw, excellent work on the map pack! its HUGE! but will be well worth it :) Great work once again.

Demortia.
A Guest once said to me "Oh I like Roleplaying, I just dont like it when people stand around pretending to be Vampires!"

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #31 on: 2006-07-27, 10:27:07 »

The maps alone make it worth joining. ;)

Well after going through some of the maps on MoTA, taking pictures as I go, I have found a bump. It seems like Club End of the World is extremely unstable and crashes constantly. At this point I can't even stay on that map for more than 5-10 seconds.

I tried re-exporting the map - made the problem worse. What the hell is going on here?

I'm going to have do some experimenting to see if I can fix this problem. I sometimes wonder if it has something to do with that fence around the club.

Anyone else having odd ball issues with Club End of the World?
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Demortia

• The Crimson Keep
« Reply #32 on: 2006-07-27, 11:14:00 »

I've been in that map an a few occasions, other than a slight frame rate drop, theres been no other effects.
When I was making a previous version of the Crimson Keep map, I had a similar difficulty.
At the time I was trying to build the library, and had loaded up the texture set from the General texture collection. I was trying to make some bookshelves so had selected the appropriate book texture ( cant remember what it was called though, was a long time ago, but there are several of them) and after compiling the map to test it, I was experiencing constant CTD's when trying to enter the library.

Heres where it gets wierd!
I went back to Embrace to figure out what was going wrong, and found the map file severely corrupted.
It would still load into Embrace however, but all of the brushes that had the book texture were severely warped and even stretched themselves right off the end of the grid in multiple directions.
I had no choice but to start the map area again.

That was a very long time ago and I was rather new to mapping, but I have often wondered why this happened.

A Guest once said to me "Oh I like Roleplaying, I just dont like it when people stand around pretending to be Vampires!"

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #33 on: 2006-07-27, 12:41:19 »

Yeah. Club End of the World worked just fine for awhile, but now it's gone all weird. I started redoing its lighting and structuring just to see where the problem has occured, but it still crashes. I can't explain it.

I even went as far as to remove all of it's objects, but I still crash after walking back and forth from the entrance to the first steps. It crashes completely randomly to the point of making no sense. The map looks fine in embrace, but continues to crash in-game.

On another note, I CAN'T MAKE SPHERES! What the hell?

Everytime I create a sphere, it disappears. I tried different sizes and different edge numbers, but the sphere just wont show. Another oddball thing with spheres is after I create one then change my angle, the grid disappears and wont come back. :-\

This is the strangest encounter of bugs I've seen in a long time. I wonder if it's a driver issue. Damn ATI cards!

I also wonder if the heat wave has damaged my equipment.
« Last Edit: 2006-07-27, 12:44:29 by Rainmoon »
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #34 on: 2006-07-27, 13:53:03 »

I think I might have figured it out. I think that I might have installed a corrupted version of End of the World when I installed one of the other chronicles. I found out the the original End of the World works just fine so I'm assuming that I'm using a bad version or that my version was overwritten during development.

Bloodywolf

• Malkavian
  • Team
  • 7th Gen
« Reply #35 on: 2006-07-27, 15:18:55 »

2 things:

1: Rainmoon: I've played the map several times, and I never had a problem with it unless i fill i with like 30 firegolems, pause the game and then kill them all, instan lag and crash when I resumed time :-)

2: Demortia: You still like newcomers, what do you exacly (other then the havenmaps) need to know and such and what is the website?

EDIT: Doh, stupid, crimson keep is nr1 on google here >.<

EDIT 2: Duble doh, The links in your User information

EDIT 3: God kick me most of the info is on the website.
« Last Edit: 2006-07-27, 15:23:17 by Bloodywolf »
William - Bloodywolf - Me
Sloth, Greed, Gluttony, Wrath, Envy, Pride and Lust.
Which one shalt thou pick today?

Demortia

• The Crimson Keep
« Reply #36 on: 2006-07-28, 11:30:24 »

LOL! Well at least you found what you was looking for in the end  :D

I have had this idea for a map for a few weeks now, and in theory can fit well in CK games ( Dark Future ) Or could be used as some kind of govornment bunker etc in MD games.

So, has anyone actually thought about making a Vault ( 13 )  from Fallout? Has it ever been done?

I'd be willing to put this one together using our DF Texture pack and it would be quite different to our usual underground bases and stuff so its worth a go.
However I have several mapping projects already in the pipeline but could squeeze this one in somewhere and it would give me a break from the usual.

Anyway, what do ya think? And I can package the textures it uses into a single .nob file so no need to get the whole DF texture pack for those that dont use it since obviously it wont use every texture in the pack, so reducing file size :)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #37 on: 2006-07-28, 11:57:35 »

Yeah. Go for it. I was thinking about making the Brotherhood of Steel Base after seeing someone make a basic chronicle of it for Redemption awhile back ago. The chronicle only used basic maps already included in the game, but looking at your DF textures does make me want to do something with fallout.

I also have doom3 textures that can work for hightech areas too. ;)

Bloodywolf

• Malkavian
  • Team
  • 7th Gen
« Reply #38 on: 2006-07-28, 15:22:22 »

Alright I'm singing up tomorrow since this laptop hasn't any e-mail set on me outlook... Stillhave no idea who to mail tho... Demortia, I presume that would be you?
William - Bloodywolf - Me
Sloth, Greed, Gluttony, Wrath, Envy, Pride and Lust.
Which one shalt thou pick today?

ORI

« Reply #39 on: 2006-07-28, 16:29:06 »

Yeah redemption seems to be lacking post apocalyptic settings like Junktown,Vault 13, Necroplois ect

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #40 on: 2006-07-29, 00:00:30 »

Aye. A lot of maps are catered to the basic WoD elements. Perhaps soemthing new would be refreshing.

Phantom of the Vamp

« Reply #41 on: 2016-06-28, 17:51:19 »

I'm looking for a Map called Skyhaven (yes, the original before Soulandria).  I'm hoping someone can find it and post it up to planetvampire because I have a very old chronicle I want to see if I can get working (and post it up if I can).  I tried it with Solandria but I can only get 80% working because I'm missing a Skyhaven.map file and a few other things. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.