Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-10-23, 02:53:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Suggestion - Possible NeuWON integration  (Read 77 times)

Gandorques Hikla

• Steam Profile
Suggestion - Possible NeuWON integration
« on: 2017-09-27, 16:12:15 »

Hi,

I dont know if there is a big interest in this, but there is this nice WON Server Emulation Project called NeuWON currently in development.
It aims to bring WON Multiplayer back to all of the WON Games (unlike Projects like WON2.net that focus just on HL based games).

I know Vampire Multiplayer can be played with VPN Tunneling software, but it would probably be more hassle free and easy to use with a WON(like) Multiplayer, as it gives features like public rooms, giving the community a central meeting point.

The NeuWON Vampire Server is not fully working yet, only logging in and joining the WON Lobby seems to be possible right now. Games cant be created yet.

The developer almost finished his WON Half-Life Client and Server, and said that he wants to continue his work on other WON games soon.

For me, this sounds like a good oppurtunity for someone with much knowledge about modding VtM-R to reach out to the NeuWON Devs to work together to create a Age of Redemption Version with integrated Online Multiplayer Support.  ::)

The project can be found at
https://neuwon.com

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Suggestion - Possible NeuWON integration
« Reply #1 on: 2017-09-28, 01:23:49 »

Doesn't seem like they have reached VTMR yet. I'll lurk them on occasion till they at least do a vanilla NeuWon patch for VTMR.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Gandorques Hikla

• Steam Profile
Re: Suggestion - Possible NeuWON integration
« Reply #2 on: 2017-09-28, 08:56:45 »

I applied to assist in testing their vampire backend Server and will inform you about the results. ;D

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 20 queries.