Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-09-20, 21:55:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Transparent Doors  (Read 2138 times)

Mort

• Team
Transparent Doors
« on: 2011-12-10, 21:21:16 »

Trying to make a see-throughable cabinet door that is openable.

After making a brush into a door, I lose the transparent texture that I assigned for it.  Is there a way to keep this from happening?
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Transparent Doors
« Reply #1 on: 2011-12-10, 21:38:03 »

You have to use a masked/transparent texture rather than the effects in embrace. There are transparent glass textures in the game... somewhere. Check General textures... hint hint.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Mort

• Team
« Reply #2 on: 2011-12-10, 22:10:45 »

Holy fast reply!

Perfect, though when the cabinet is closed, I can not see the props I have placed inside.  Is there a way around that?
« Last Edit: 2011-12-10, 22:16:32 by mgust35 »
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

CL0wN

• CL0wN.com
« Reply #3 on: 2011-12-11, 16:36:48 »

Embrace is annoying like that. You need to create the objects after the transparent door for them to show up. Either that or create the door after the object I cant remember which but there is a proper order. The best solution I have found is to create your own semi-transparent texture and avoid using the transparency settings in Embrace altogether.

Mort

• Team
« Reply #4 on: 2011-12-11, 17:24:47 »

Confirmed.  Props have to be placed in AFTER the transparent door is made.

Thank you

CL0wN

• CL0wN.com
« Reply #5 on: 2011-12-13, 07:59:24 »

You also should consider that if the furniture in your room was created before the door then a character who opens the door and views the room through the glass will not see the room items. Additionally if you are creating a double door with glass, whichever door is created first will not be visible through the glass of the second door. Really annoying.

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 19 queries.