Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-09-20, 21:53:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Elevator  (Read 1529 times)

Barnabas

Elevator
« on: 2011-11-04, 17:19:25 »

Atm I´m building an interior of an Appartmenthouse with a few floors. Until now I created Appartmenthouses with stairs to reach other floors. In other cases with bigger houses, for example a big hotel, I used elevators and created exits on the buttons. This way I built an elevator for each floor, so that the ground floor had 4 elevators, that are linked to different floors. At this time I hope to be able to create an Appartmenthouse with 3 or 4 floors, but want to use only one elevator. It won´t be a problemm to create exits on different buttons, that are connected to the respective floors, but for this I´ll need a lot of exits and first of all a lot of playerstarts - for 4 floors I should need 20 playerstarts - I have 25 playerstarts for each map ( I modified the number of usable playerstarts once, but can´t remember how I did it ). Furthermore I use one map to create as many different interiors, as possible to save .map files ( I heard, that Vampire supports 250 .nil files for one chronicle and I want every house in my city to be enterable, so if I use one .map file for each interior map, I´d run out of usable .nil files soon). I planned to use my current .map file for the interior of 2 or 3 Appatmenthouses, so I have to save playerstarts (and of course work with the .nsc file), so my question is: does anyone have experiences with buildíng elevators and knows a better way to do that?
Sorry for my bad english ...

CL0wN

• CL0wN.com
Re: Elevator
« Reply #1 on: 2011-11-05, 13:54:15 »

That is the way I have always done my elevators, although I have never done more than three floors. Check the scripts section of Emods. I remember Javokis had posted a moving elevator script. I have never used it so I don?t know if that will solve your problem, but it is worth a look. As for the limited .nil files you might think about creating a single .nil with multiple rooms. One map could contain up to 25 different apartments or homes if they were small. Did you do any more work with ? *Ahem* ... Galaxy Wars?

Barnabas

Re: Elevator
« Reply #2 on: 2011-11-07, 00:35:01 »

That is the way I have always done my elevators, although I have never done more than three floors. Check the scripts section of Emods. I remember Javokis had posted a moving elevator script. I have never used it so I don?t know if that will solve your problem, but it is worth a look. As for the limited .nil files you might think about creating a single .nil with multiple rooms. One map could contain up to 25 different apartments or homes if they were small. Did you do any more work with ? *Ahem* ... Galaxy Wars?

No, not really. I don´t think, that this would be funny without space fights....
Sorry for my bad english ...

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 19 queries.