Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-11-19, 09:35:06
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Skyboxes  (Read 1457 times)

Barnabas

Skyboxes
« on: 2011-10-24, 16:38:16 »

As may project grows, Im standing in front of a problem: I want to use other skyboxes than the ones of embrace, but unfortunally I do not have any idea, how to create a custom skybox. Does there any kind of tutorial exist, that can show me, how to create a custom skybox? ( video prefered ).
Sorry for my bad english ...

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Skyboxes
« Reply #1 on: 2011-10-27, 08:59:00 »

Unfortunately, skyboxes are a tricky thing to make for this game because the one nod import/export tool (milkshit) can't do anything to sky boxes becides change textures. When you load the sky box into milkshit, you wont see anything in build window (at least nothing that can be seen). There will, however, be materials listed in the materials tab. You can change those. I've seen people build entire skyboxes from scratch, but I know not what tool they used (perhaps blender or 3dsmax) nor whether they had trouble using milkshit to convert the skybox model properly.

There are a really nice skybox models made for the Lord of the Rings maps. Perhaps you can just load those into milkshit and change their textures to meet your needs.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 19 queries.