Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-11-17, 15:04:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: New Megalopolis By Night  (Read 15051 times)

Mort

• Team
Re: New Megalopolis By Night
« Reply #45 on: 2012-12-10, 16:37:18 »

Work will pick back up on this at the start of 2013, once AoR 2012 is released and the holidays are over.

I am planning on finishing the Central District hub and releasing it to the public for use before continuing onto the next hubs.  As progress continues, I will continue releasing the additions to the map by hub until the map is finally finished.
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

Signothorn

• Team
« Reply #46 on: 2012-12-10, 19:20:31 »

Great, looking forward to it:)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #47 on: 2014-02-17, 00:46:15 »

How has this project been going?
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Mort

• Team
« Reply #48 on: 2014-02-17, 17:14:56 »

I do need to pick this back up.  The Central District itself is complete, but needs hubbed locations created besides the few I have so far.  I have this planned. I just need to motivate myself to do it.

The slums district location is not even half completed with no hubbed locations at all.  This addition to the map probably won't be seen for quite awhile, though will be the next thing on the list after the Central district is complete.  I'm beginning to doubt if I will ever do what I had originally planned, with all the districts and locations, but my long term goal is to at least complete the Central and Slums districts.
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

Mort

• Team
« Reply #49 on: 2015-03-24, 10:08:16 »

Its been over a year since I opened my map up and played around.  I decided to get a fresh look at the slums map and was a little uneasy on the layout.  I liked the idea of a "maze of alleys" that I had originally planned, but the way I had it originally set up looked unrealistic and messy.

NEW DIRECTION

I decided to add another block to the map that leads to a dead end.  In my opinion, I feel the alleyways between the buildings and roads show more of a realistic set up.  The back alleys can be traveled through as a faster path from point A to point B, though still can be dangerous.  Dead ends are still added in as well.  This also should give the illusion of making the map bigger than it is as well as adding transitions between alleyways and main roads for RP/Storyteller friendly games.  I also feel that this set up is non-existent in current used maps and would be a nice change.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #50 on: 2015-03-24, 14:38:28 »

Looking at your old picture, this makes more sense. So you gonna make some "prefabs" for those place holders? That can be a lot of work... feel free to take any buildings you like from the .map compilation of mota. I don't think anyone would mind.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Mort

• Team
« Reply #51 on: 2015-03-24, 19:55:24 »

Definitely placeholders that will be textured and detailed.  I'm too OCD for that to fly :P  I feel that will probably be the largest task of making this location.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #52 on: 2015-03-24, 20:22:22 »

Looking forward to next years update... :P

Mort

• Team
« Reply #53 on: 2015-03-25, 11:08:47 »

Harsh.

Edit:

More arranging and adjusting.  This, or something close to this will probably be the final set up.

« Last Edit: 2015-03-25, 15:03:08 by Mort »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #54 on: 2015-04-06, 20:35:21 »

Ever played SimCity? I wonder how you're gonna zone these...

Mort

• Team
« Reply #55 on: 2015-11-30, 01:22:44 »

Progress has been picking up these past couple of months.  Not working on this too hardcore, but enough to start getting some more building and street detailing started.  Once again, a couple of new ideas came to mind.
« Last Edit: 2015-11-30, 01:29:05 by Mort »

Mort

• Team
« Reply #56 on: 2015-11-30, 01:25:48 »

Building detail timeline for funzies.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 19 queries.