Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-11-24, 06:57:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: New Megalopolis By Night  (Read 15123 times)

Mort

• Team
Re: New Megalopolis By Night
« Reply #30 on: 2012-04-11, 14:12:10 »

I thought I would give you an update on the progress of the map.  I took a break on the smaller locations to be included in the hub and decided to start on the slums district.  So far I have made decent progress.  The idea of the slums is to make a main street with junkyards, run down businesses, ruined buildings, and then make a system of alleyways surrounding by building structures that a player could easily get lost in.  The idea is to make a part of town where the player doesn't feel safe, as there are many turns and dead ends and openings where low lifes and thugs could be that don't like visitors on their turf.  If one navigates through the alleys correctly, they will eventually come to a hidden drug werehouse.  I have highlighted the alley paths to make it easier to see how the alley maze will look if you are looking down at it from the sky.  As you can see I have yet to detail the buildings.  I still got lots of work to do

Also, here are some images of a couple of locations included within the slums area.  I still have a lot of detailing to do, including graffity and such, and I have yet to add the moonlight, lights, and shadows.  I hope everything looks great once the lights go out and the moonlight covers the map.  ;D

Pawn Shop

A warehouse

One of many buildings

Run-down Motel

Gun Shop

Junkyard
« Last Edit: 2015-11-30, 01:27:07 by Mort »
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #31 on: 2012-04-11, 14:50:25 »

Looks good so far. I would recommend that the alley ways consist of shacks made of junk (cardboard, plastics, and old clothing - there should be textures included in the game suitable for this). A slum could come with a lot of detail. Not sure how much you want to go into this area, but I see the potential for a lot of work.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

wesclash

« Reply #32 on: 2012-04-12, 06:22:17 »

Spooky!  Nice layout, and nice wide streets, too.  You can already tell that once you get to the detailing it will really come to life. 

Mort

• Team
« Reply #33 on: 2012-04-14, 13:11:21 »

Looks good so far. I would recommend that the alley ways consist of shacks made of junk (cardboard, plastics, and old clothing - there should be textures included in the game suitable for this). A slum could come with a lot of detail. Not sure how much you want to go into this area, but I see the potential for a lot of work.

I like your idea and im going to use it.  I was blank on what I was going to put in the open areas inside of the alleys.  I was probably just going to throw in some dumpsters or something.  Thanks for the idea.
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #34 on: 2012-04-16, 12:14:52 »

Some other recommendations:

-Patchy roads. A slums district doesn't get much road workers out there.
-Man holes... Nossy's love slums. :P
-Displaced sidewalks with lots of litter; cracks, breaks, and a serious lack of maintenance.
-Signs of violence; from drive-byes, muggings, "hunting", and other depravities. This can be in the form of blood stains on the concrete, small lumps of flesh (depends on your depravity), chalk outlines from a crime scene, bullet holes riddling some of the shacks and buildings, and litters of drug paraphernalia.

I would recommend some custom textures to make the job easier. (Bloodlines textures could work well for some seriously detailed slums). Like I said, slums can be very hard to make because they tend to contain most of the detail and tend to capture the darker elements true to the WOD.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Mort

• Team
« Reply #35 on: 2012-04-16, 15:06:51 »

Definately going to do that sort of stuff. I already have started with a wrecked police car with smoke coming from the hood.  Outside of the driver side door is a large blood stain to show that not even the police of the city is safe on that side of town.  This hub location on that map is probably going to be the most detailed, but I do have so many more locations I need to work on, including two more city districts the size of the slums and the central park area.  Everything you have mentioned should be included.  I have already added a lot of boarded up buildings, broken windows, graffiti, fences, cracked sidewalks, dirty wall textures, and concrete.  I also like your idea of chopping up the street some in a few locations..maybe actually have it blocked by a mountain of broken down cars and junk.

As for texture usage, I think im going to stick to redemption textures, mostly due to the fact im too lazy to mess with anything else, but probably more that I actually like to see what I can make and how detailed I can get with just what the game offers.  I guess it could effected how amazing the map could end up being..but hell.. I have so much work to do..lol
« Last Edit: 2012-04-16, 15:08:54 by mgust35 »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #36 on: 2012-05-31, 21:33:18 »

I finally got around to promoting this on the front page. ;)

Mort

• Team
« Reply #37 on: 2012-05-31, 22:10:26 »

Thanks!  Shit, I need to get back to work on that.  I haven't even opened the map project in over a month...

I'm going to record a tour of the central district map next. (the only district that is done besides its connecting hub locations) This is the location that has the pond, central park, swing set, etc.

Offtopic:
Mgust (expecially mgust35) sounds so wierd as a online name handle, expecially how im known as "Mort" (short for mortis) in any video game I play.  Perhaps a change is in order.
« Last Edit: 2012-05-31, 22:21:51 by mgust35 »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #38 on: 2012-05-31, 22:26:02 »

Lol... yeah. Usually a name starts with a capital letter. :P

[edit]

I hope you don't mind, but I've been putting these images up on the e-mods.net facebook page. I figured the facebook site should see some circulation of info too, if that's okay with you?

I also threw Barnabas up there. Hehe
« Last Edit: 2012-05-31, 22:40:16 by Javokis »

Mort

• Team
« Reply #39 on: 2012-06-01, 08:31:12 »

The video is a little dark for some reason, but here is a tour of the completed central district with some added music that seemed to fit.  More info in the youtube description.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja5D1xLNFXU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja5D1xLNFXU</a>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja5D1xLNFXU
« Last Edit: 2012-06-01, 17:06:15 by Mort »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #40 on: 2012-06-01, 10:02:13 »

Redemption always records very (VERY) dark for me. I have to use VirtualDub to adjust brightness and contrast because MovieMaker has a shitty brightness adjuster.

Mort

• Team
« Reply #41 on: 2012-06-01, 11:10:12 »

I actually have vdub but have never used it.  Can you tell me how to do that and I'll reupload a better version?  And yes feel free to upload the pictures
« Last Edit: 2012-06-01, 11:11:50 by Mort »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #42 on: 2012-06-01, 12:04:40 »

Actually, you could fix it with YouTube. They have their own video editor with brightness and contrast. Go to your video on YouTube and hit the Enhancements button. There should be buttons with images reflecting brightness (light bulb), color temp (thermometer), and contrast (some box).

I may give this a try in the future as I'm getting tired of the extra fuss I have to deal with for vdub.
« Last Edit: 2012-06-01, 12:09:46 by Javokis »

Mort

• Team
« Reply #43 on: 2012-06-01, 17:06:59 »

Much better!  Video re-uploaded.  Check it out!

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #44 on: 2012-06-01, 18:46:13 »

Front page news. ;)

And this map kind of reminds me of the CoTD Neighborhood in MoTA.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.511 seconds with 20 queries.