Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-11-17, 15:05:19
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: New Megalopolis By Night  (Read 15052 times)

Mort

• Team
New Megalopolis By Night
« on: 2011-05-14, 20:42:25 »

These past few weeks, I started making a simple hub for my RP group that has been playing together for more than 5 years.  Its been a learning experience since I havn't mapped in quite a long time, along with only working on small indoor projects to pass my free time in the past.  Regardless though, I do want to say everything I have learned has been due to e-mods.net and Jakovis.  For that, I thought I would let you all know about it and keep you up to date on progress. Also, I assume i'll have many problems and issues as I go along that I won't be able to figure out.  ;D

It is going to be a simple map with 5 districts:  Business, Docks, Central Park, Outskirts, and Slums along with interior locations.  A sewers will also be included down the road.

Currently, I am about 90% done with the Central district.  I am finished with sectors and brush work.  I just need to work on lighting and add props.
« Last Edit: 2011-05-17, 15:58:35 by mgust35 »
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

Mort

• Team
Re: New Megalopolis By Night
« Reply #1 on: 2011-05-17, 16:18:03 »

Central District is completed

Here are some screenies:

Looking down from the Apt Complex Rooftop

The Pond in the park

Sexy Fountain! With a Pavilian in the background

Apts

Houses

Yes that is a Swingset :P

Apt Complex

Library

A Side street

Club Parking lot + Back entry
« Last Edit: 2011-05-17, 16:22:16 by mgust35 »
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

Signothorn

• Team
« Reply #2 on: 2011-05-17, 17:17:34 »

Wow, that looks great!

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
    • CLICK HERE TO VISIT MYSPACE SITE.
« Reply #3 on: 2011-05-18, 07:16:53 »

It is actually one of the best if not the best City maps by night i have ever seen... any plans to add a hospital police dept and few night clubs?
Victims... arent we all?

Mort

• Team
« Reply #4 on: 2011-05-18, 13:02:29 »

Wow.  Thanks man, that really means a lot.  Took a little over 3 weeks to complete this area.  Im sure it should have took shorter, but I was more or less relearning embrace.  I havn't worked with it for a few years so it was definately a learning experience.

As for your locations question, I already have a basic idea how its going to be set up.

Central District:  Prince's Mansion, Apt Complex, Club, Pub, cafe, Library+chantry, Havens.

Business District: Hospital, Hotel, Parking Garage, Police Station, Club, Bank, Haven(s), Business Offices.

Slums District:  Army Surplus store, Motel, Pawn Shop, Cathedral Haven, Bar, Haven(s), Crack Den

Docks District:  Theater haven, Brothel, Diner, Haven(s), Desecrated Church.

Outskirts:  Outskirts Mansion and grounds, Graveyard, Abandoned Prison.
« Last Edit: 2011-05-18, 13:09:05 by mgust35 »

Signothorn

• Team
« Reply #5 on: 2011-05-18, 16:25:12 »

I always wondered where cars in Redemption went to fill up gas. Baton Rouge has the only gas station in existence to my knowledge. Would be cool to have a truck stop gas station/restaurant.

Looking forward to seeing the outcome of this map. On Saturday when I have some free time, I'll feature it on the Planet-Vampire front page, along with Barnabas' map in progress.

Mort

• Team
« Reply #6 on: 2011-05-18, 16:37:25 »

You know, Redemption doesn't have many cars in general unless you get into prop packs and such.  The only cars default in VTMR is the generic car, cab, and the NY and London police cars.  There's also the large bus and otto's van..but I wouldn't call those cars. :P

Gas station...hm...  You're right.  The only one i've seen is in Baton Rouge as well.  Im sure it will be some "fun" brush work. *sigh*  lol

A Gas station it is!  You got it!

Also one thing I wanted to include, as you can see in the screenshots, is parking lots.  I've noticed many redemption maps don't have those as well.
« Last Edit: 2011-05-18, 16:44:10 by mgust35 »

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #7 on: 2011-05-18, 18:32:27 »

There are like 10 cars models in GigaPack, just take what you need.
Victims... arent we all?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #8 on: 2011-05-28, 00:34:09 »

Looking good so far. Only one peice of advice:

Judging by the far wall of that parking lot (last screenshot), I'd say you got a service size error that prevents shadows from being properly shown on that wall. Try to reduce the size of some single texture surfaces by cutting surfaces into sections and adding decals. You can fix that wall by either cutting it up and changing its design with sectional pillars or what not and decals. Or set the light shadow resolution in the exporter to 32 or higher rather than default 16. The latter would be easier I'm sure, but could be fun to liven up that wall.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Mort

• Team
« Reply #9 on: 2011-05-29, 11:49:43 »

Interesting.. I never noticed that.  That wall is actually my outer boundary I put up around the entire map to block the sky background falloff so it didnt look like the ground just ends.. The majority of the wall is blocked by buildings and other things that I have put on the map so its hardly noticable, though I will take your advice for the areas where the wall does show, like in that parking lot.

Mort

• Team
« Reply #10 on: 2011-05-31, 12:59:31 »

On Saturday when I have some free time, I'll feature it on the Planet-Vampire front page, along with Barnabas' map in progress.

Feel free to do that.  All it will do is keep pressure on me to stay motivated and continue working on it XD

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #11 on: 2011-06-01, 09:38:36 »

Cant wait for this map to be finished, its so awsome-
Victims... arent we all?

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #12 on: 2011-07-08, 12:46:50 »

Any news on this project?
Victims... arent we all?

Mort

• Team
« Reply #13 on: 2011-08-11, 22:17:53 »

Its been very casual.  Since I last posted, I have completed 3 smaller locations connected to the main map.  I am planning on continuing on this project more frequently once my summer schedule is over.
« Last Edit: 2011-08-11, 22:20:19 by mgust35 »

Barnabas

« Reply #14 on: 2011-08-12, 00:25:36 »

How did you create the two spheres in front of that building?
Sorry for my bad english ...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 19 queries.