Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-11-24, 06:53:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Chronicle not working  (Read 4290 times)

Mort

• Team
Re: Chronicle not working
« Reply #15 on: 2012-05-04, 03:29:53 »

Was definately something wrong with your NOB file.  I removed your provided necessary files from the NOB file you linked and created a new NOB on my end and it seemed to work.  Your paths were set correctly and your chronicle file was ok.  The only thing I can think of is that your compression wasn't sat to "none" when you created the NOB file.

An example for winzip:

The same goes for 7zip by making sure compression is set to "store."  If you did, then I have no other ideas that are within my knowledge... :-\

Here is my edit.
« Last Edit: 2012-05-04, 03:46:03 by mgust35 »
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #16 on: 2012-05-04, 10:08:40 »

Also be sure to NOT use the newest 7zip programs. They broke the encryption that Redemption reads even when you set to store mode on your nob.  Be sure to use 7zip version 4.65 or below.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

GreenDragon

« Reply #17 on: 2012-05-04, 12:27:52 »

I just downloaded the 4.65 version of 7-zip and everything works like a charm now. Did you mention this in the tutorial? I do not remember. A little note to others in the tutorial post about this could otherwise be helpful.

Thanks for your help, both of you.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #18 on: 2012-05-06, 14:48:07 »

Yes sir. That was posted on the third line of the written tut, but that was added after signo said he couldn't get 7zip to work for some reason.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

GreenDragon

« Reply #19 on: 2012-05-07, 09:06:15 »

I see. Can the written tutorial be found on this site as well? I only see "Adding textures for Redemption Maps" under Nod SDK Embrace Tutorials.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #20 on: 2012-05-07, 09:59:35 »

« Last Edit: 2014-02-15, 11:48:28 by Javokis »

GreenDragon

« Reply #21 on: 2012-05-08, 03:17:44 »

Great. If I have several project folders, how do I set it so that a specific nil-file goes into the right project folder? When I open a map and export it, it always goes into the project folder that was the last one created.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #22 on: 2012-05-08, 06:18:00 »

I too have some issues with loading projects into embrace. Probably because my virus scanner has been blocking some of its features in that regard (kind of weird... avast never used to mess with embrace). Anyway... you should always check your project settings first and look at the project path. Project settings should be under File menu. Usually embrace will create an emb file so you can load it with Load Project menu option under File, but my embrace isn't creating the emb files for some odd reason.

GreenDragon

« Reply #23 on: 2012-05-09, 04:23:39 »

I have tried to "Load project" but there is no emb-file to be found in the project folder. I have "vampire.emb" but that one does not show up when trying to load a project. I have also checked the "Project Settings" but the only path I can edit is the one for the maps, the others are greyed out.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #24 on: 2012-05-09, 06:30:34 »

I'm rather confused too.  ??? . I'm getting similar issues with embrace on my end involving the project system. Running as admin doesn't seem to help. I see the emb file in my project directory, but embrace's file navigator doesn't.

[edit]

I think I figured it out: You have to type vampire.emb into the File Name after navigating to your project folder then click open. It wont see the file on the list, but it will load it anyway. Check your project settings' Project Path to confirm the load. Weird.
« Last Edit: 2012-05-09, 22:19:39 by Javokis »

GreenDragon

« Reply #25 on: 2012-05-11, 04:57:15 »

Yep, it worked fine. I also found the "Load last project on open" checkbox in the settings, even though it just makes the program start in the root directory.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 17 queries.