Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-11-17, 14:57:38
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Codex Discipline.java bug accent in game  (Read 1670 times)

Delmon

Codex Discipline.java bug accent in game
« on: 2011-01-24, 04:23:49 »

Hello,

I have create some new discipline, and in game i have the bug accent like if i don't have patch 1.1.
(Wihlem r?siste ? la discipline de r?v?rence for exemple) That not crash the game it's just unsightly.
After some test it's the modification of codex Discipline.java that make the bug. I have only had some line for new discipline duration. I don't now there the bug come from, if someone here have an idea ?

ps: sorry for my bad English

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Codex Discipline.java bug accent in game
« Reply #1 on: 2011-01-26, 09:49:19 »

After really looking at your post, I think I understand what you're saying.

So does your new discipline use the DisplayCast(DISCIPLINE_NAME, level); command?

First off, you must use only ansii text in your code and in the string. So DISCIPLINE_NAME must be an ansii text. You'll need to create a string file separately to define DISCIPLINE_NAME into your desired language. So change DISCIPLINE_NAME into something more... English.

Then define DISCIPLINE_NAME into your language in a string file [a .nls file]. I think I covered nls files in my video tutorial. You may want to look at my discipline making tutorial with a translator.

"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Delmon

Re: Codex Discipline.java bug accent in game
« Reply #2 on: 2011-01-26, 12:41:28 »

my discipline are built like the original with some modification (pad, shell, stat for failure test...).

In fact I already use  DISCIPLINE_NAME in English with an nls file for translation and the bug appears on all discipline with an accent in French, like in version 1.0.

I have modify my new disciplines, it uses the DISCIPLINE_DURATION of the basic discipline (like SHAPEOFBEAST_DURATION for "FORMOFTHESERPENT"). The Codex disciplines is now the original codex. No more bug of accent except those that the patch 1.1 does not correct.

Perhaps this codex in NODsdk are version 1.0 ? and all modification of this codex make re-appears this bug, unfortunately version 1.0 don't like French accent  :-\.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 19 queries.