Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-11-17, 15:00:56
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [Video Tutorial] How to Make Single Player  (Read 5833 times)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
[Video Tutorial] How to Make Single Player
« on: 2010-01-26, 20:22:56 »

This tutorial will show how a chronicle can be ran in single player.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD_50OxVps0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD_50OxVps0</a>
« Last Edit: 2010-03-07, 03:10:41 by Javokis »
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Echonitropy

• Peri-Apocalypse
  • {-}
    • on deviantArt
Re: [Video Tutorial] How to Make Single Player
« Reply #1 on: 2010-01-27, 10:41:06 »

VERY interesting. In this way, you can play other people's chronicles even if you are alone. This will surely come useful for me, in the future. Thanks Javokis (I watched you on YT anyway :)).
Where there is no imagination there is no horror

gschenker

« Reply #2 on: 2010-01-28, 19:57:15 »

Thanks for this very useful tutorial, Javokis! I have a plan to create a mortal chronicle in SP mod, so this tutorial is very useful to me.

gschenker

« Reply #3 on: 2010-01-31, 02:55:00 »

Dear Javo!

In this great tutorial, you have used the file named as "classic_gigapack.not", it's clear, but this edited file where have been located? Basically, I consider this file would be in a single NOB file, in the compressed "resource.nob", but in this video, you have opened with NOT Editor this file without any problems, in spite of NOT Editor can't able to decompress any compressed file. Similarly, I also want to use a template of an actor from a NOT file, but I don't know where should be this template file placed. Should I put this NOT file into the "resource.nob" file in my default V:tM folder, or should I create my own directories under V:tM default folder or somewhere elsewhere?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #4 on: 2010-01-31, 03:16:06 »

The classic mega pack is not included with the game. So of course it's not in Resource.nob. It's include with MoTA. Specifically, it's located in MoTA_System.nob. I was kind of hoping that viewers would understand that I was working with mods.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

gschenker

« Reply #5 on: 2010-01-31, 06:25:14 »

Yes, I understand you, Javokis, and, of course, I also knew that your very good tutorial works with a mod's template file. Therefore, I've got problems about NOT your excellent guide, but the apply of NOT templates.

Actually, I've found the basic modern day template (from the "resource.nob"), and with the using of NOT Editor I have created a new human actor entity based upon the Giovanni neonate vampire type. I saved this RENAMED NOT template as a new and independent template file, and I've copied this file into the "Resource.nob\misc\Templates\" path, where all of the default template files ("darkages.not", "global.not", "modernday.not" and "multiplayer.not") are exists. I was hoped that it does will working, but unfortunately, the game has been crashed...  :(

Briefly, I don't know where should I place my simple template file for working.  :(

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #6 on: 2010-01-31, 11:22:34 »

Whoa! Don't EVER modify the system nob files. EVER. You can serious F-up your game when you don't know what you're doing. Re-install much?

Study the stickied tutorials in the NOT Editor section. Pretty much all of those sticky tutorials show how to create a new not file and where to place it. Part 3 of 3 of the Model Weapons video tutorial covers creating a not file in the correct location.

« Last Edit: 2010-01-31, 11:25:01 by Javokis »

gschenker

« Reply #7 on: 2010-01-31, 22:14:20 »

Yes, you have right, I should quickly reinstall the game after this "action", and I'll read all of the related tutorials, especially, your tutorials about the weapon modelling.

gschenker

« Reply #8 on: 2010-04-05, 15:26:10 »

I had began to create a new SP game in VtM:R, and I've followed this great tutorial. Fortunately, this tutorial is very good, but I got some minor problems, and I hope you can help me to resolve it, guys.

So I have an SP game with a new single player character - a mortal character (copied from a Giovanni NPC with NOT Editor), and this SP game is starting in DarkLord's private house. There is no problem in the beginning, my character seems to be correct and game is running, but the game is starting in a fully empty map, and I cannot start the game in Storyteller mode. In the scene file (NSC) of my SP game, I made some flag settings with storyteller compatible values, and my actual flag setting is 0x7.

In this manner, I got an important question: How can I do starting the game in ST mode? I need the using of the ST mode, because this is my only one way to place some NPCs and other actors into the character's private house.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-05, 15:29:19 by gschenker »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #9 on: 2010-04-05, 15:52:34 »

You can't. ST Mode is for Multiplayer only.

gschenker

« Reply #10 on: 2010-04-06, 02:43:06 »

Okay, thanks, Javo! :)

But what can I do at the next step? Should I save a separated map for the SP game and should I place all of everything special - NPCs, actors, props - things what I need in the map with the Embrace tool? I read that Embrace perhaps can be a valuable tool for this purpose, because NPCs and props can be actually placed in a map by Embrace.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-06, 03:26:06 by gschenker »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #11 on: 2010-04-06, 12:51:21 »

If you look at the tutorials on Embrace, you would know that is the only tool to use when making single player content.

gschenker

« Reply #12 on: 2010-04-06, 13:45:57 »

Thanks, Javo! I shall go to learn everything about the Embrace tool and mapping from your great tutorials.

GreenDragon

« Reply #13 on: 2013-03-24, 04:06:23 »

I keep getting crashes when trying to start a new game. I've done exactly as in the tutorial using the same map, player avatar, etc, doublechecking for typos. I've looked at the NOT-tutorials, but I really can't find any answers there. Should I be creating a new template file? The misc-folder from MoTA_System.nob is in the main Vampire directory, but I don't know if that matters, or if it's just to be able to browse the NOT-files with the NOT-editor.

Study the stickied tutorials in the NOT Editor section. Pretty much all of those sticky tutorials show how to create a new not file and where to place it. Part 3 of 3 of the Model Weapons video tutorial covers creating a not file in the correct location.

Does this mean that I have to make a new NOT-file to make it work?

EDIT: I got it to work finally. I think it had something to do with renaming the nsc-file or something like that.
« Last Edit: 2013-03-24, 04:20:52 by GreenDragon »

GreenDragon

« Reply #14 on: 2013-05-01, 09:49:28 »

Is it possible to create joinable companions for singleplayer chronicles?
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 17 queries.