Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-09-20, 21:50:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Errors in Embrace  (Read 2226 times)

Echonitropy

• Peri-Apocalypse
  • {-}
    • on deviantArt
Errors in Embrace
« on: 2010-01-26, 11:54:27 »

Guess I posted in the right section..
My Embrace crashed something like thirty of fourty times with no apparent reason (I haven't added anything, and I say ANYTHING). It happens whan I try to export the map. Most of the times, it freezes at this point:

The program crashes after a few seconds. I don't understand what it means.
I try to play around witht the map and change something (in this case, I excluded a room from the sector and exported using sectors). Freezing again at this point:

(This time the program doesn't crash, but I have to quit through the task manager).

You are certainly more expert than me about Embrace, so I ask for your support because I'm not able to get around this problems (because I didn't understand which actually are the problems..)

Thanks in advance.
Where there is no imagination there is no horror

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Errors in Embrace
« Reply #1 on: 2010-01-26, 12:24:20 »

Try zipping and attaching the .map file and we'll see if it crashes on our end.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Echonitropy

• Peri-Apocalypse
  • {-}
    • on deviantArt
« Reply #2 on: 2010-01-26, 12:34:35 »

Ok, I'm doing it at once (do I have to include a .nob file with the custom textures used? May it be useful?)

Echonitropy

• Peri-Apocalypse
  • {-}
    • on deviantArt
« Reply #3 on: 2010-01-26, 12:50:50 »

I included it anyway (sorry for the double post).

http://underwatermoon.altervista.org/Echonitropymap.zip

Edit: In the meanwhile I'm definitely going to unistall and reinstall the whole NodSDK because everytime I open a map I see that it has everything DOUBLED __ Please, tell me if the map in my .zip has the brushes/templates/lights/pointers/everything twice. Thanks
« Last Edit: 2010-01-26, 13:10:30 by Echonitropy »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #4 on: 2010-01-26, 13:23:06 »

Embrace isn't the problem - your map crashes on my end. I've seen this once before long long ago. I suspect that the problem may be caused by your textures. What program did you use to format your custom textures? Make sure there is only one supported flat pallette layer in 24/32-bit uncompressed tga export mode. I had a friend that used some oddball paint program to crop and export their tga files and Embrace didn't like that at all during export. Try reformatting your textures using The GIMP, Photoshop, or Paintshop pro. Some other programs put tags or watermarks on exported images; those modifications have been known to anger Embrace.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Echonitropy

• Peri-Apocalypse
  • {-}
    • on deviantArt
« Reply #5 on: 2010-01-26, 13:34:26 »

I have created all the textures following the tutorial found on this forum - I used GIMP, exporting with no compression. Before the GIMP, I had tried to make some textures with Photoshop but they didn't work, and this was immediately visible because Embrace wasn't able to resize them, and Vampire.exe to load them (and I got the pink&blue checkered blank texture).
  So, until now, I presumed that all the new textures (those in the .nob) work, also because I tried to export-and-play the map hundreds of times before this issue and they always worked. However if you think this could be the problem I'm going to try to remove them and see if it works (I'm currently trying to fragment the map in smaller parts to find where the problem "physically" is in the map).

Thanks for the support anyway.

I'm wondering if the fact that Embrace freezes in those two points of the exporting process (lightning calculation and objects) has actually something to do with the real problem..

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #6 on: 2010-01-26, 14:03:34 »

I think I figured it out. It's one or more of your template brushes. Go into Edit menu then Info>Entity Info. Look under templatebrushes. I noticed there are few templates listed that have a CODEXTARGET, but no script. Try deleting all of those templates.

Echonitropy

• Peri-Apocalypse
  • {-}
    • on deviantArt
« Reply #7 on: 2010-01-27, 10:26:00 »

I didn't even know about this thing.

Yeah, it seems to work now because (I think) I deleted those templatebrushes you are talking about. Looks like everything in the map had been doubled, and when I deleted all the doubled things (among them there were certainly those you refer to) it stearted to work again.

Thanks a lot Javokis :), I'll pay attention to this in the future.

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 19 queries.