Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-09-20, 22:08:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Private Server  (Read 2485 times)

Trogers2

• "Help the helpless, it just might make you a better person"
    • Kindred-knights
Private Server
« on: 2009-12-19, 12:12:46 »

Is it possible to redirect whatever file is used to link to WON and host your own private server?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Private Server
« Reply #1 on: 2009-12-19, 14:23:17 »

Say what? WON is gone. So care to elaborate?
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Trogers2

• Kindred-knights
« Reply #2 on: 2009-12-20, 15:31:43 »

Something similar to a private server on WOW, i.e someone who creates /hosts their own server. Can't really explain it hope you know what i mean.

I was having a chat with a guy who hosts a few illegal free WOW servers, thought we could do a similar thing with VTMR. Maybe find the file that directs the game to the server WON and edit it?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #3 on: 2009-12-20, 23:26:10 »

Hamachi LAN channels aren't private enough for ya?
« Last Edit: 2009-12-20, 23:29:50 by Javokis »
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Trogers2

• Kindred-knights
« Reply #4 on: 2009-12-21, 09:50:29 »

Nah, Hamachi is fine. just wanted to know if it was possible.

Trogers2

• Kindred-knights
« Reply #5 on: 2009-12-23, 18:28:50 »

Bump?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #6 on: 2009-12-23, 19:34:49 »

If it were possible, I am assuming it would have been done long ago. A little too late to ponder that now. WON systems are dead - the servers are offline. So unless we have a hacker who can change the vampire.exe to reference to a different server, we're shit out of luck. Even then, the altered vampire.exe would have to distributed to those who want to connect the new server. The server also needs to be able to accept vampire's interface (for making rooms, and posting games). Easier said that done, and don't ask me to do it because this isn't my area.

Trogers2

• Kindred-knights
« Reply #7 on: 2009-12-25, 18:53:47 »

Cool. Just wanted to know if there was chance of actually doing it. I know a few guys who "hack" WOW, Perfect World and other MMOs and make their own servers. I'm pretty sure it's been done on other games also. I don't expect you to do anything Jav, no worries. Yeah Won is dead i'm well aware of that. That isn't my objective though. My objective is to remove the 15player limits aswell as Hamachi been so barcading, i.e. players are on different channels (hard to find). I'm not saying it's going to be easy. Just making the point it's worth looking into.

Kaelidian

« Reply #8 on: 2010-03-20, 07:45:17 »

If it were possible, I am assuming it would have been done long ago. A little too late to ponder that now. WON systems are dead - the servers are offline. So unless we have a hacker who can change the vampire.exe to reference to a different server, we're shit out of luck. Even then, the altered vampire.exe would have to distributed to those who want to connect the new server. The server also needs to be able to accept vampire's interface (for making rooms, and posting games). Easier said that done, and don't ask me to do it because this isn't my area.

Lol I've thought about that too man, I used to play with running a Lineage 2 server. But he's right its a totally different story when you have to make a server from scratch. Lineage 2 was released to the public. Like take the Star wars: Galaxies server project into consideration thats been years going and still not finished; thats a group of people working on decoding the client to make a server. Course that project is a lot more extreme than making one out of vampire. But Im still learning basic code following the "way of Javokis" to make my Vampire dreams a reality.

So if you couldnt find a group of programmers willing, this idea will have to sit on hold.

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 19 queries.