Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-09-21, 09:04:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Plans for 0.5a  (Read 4008 times)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Plans for 0.5a
« on: 2009-07-27, 12:34:14 »

Here are the plans for 0.5a

-Finish up more disciplines for the 13 major clans. Pretty much all of the markers placed in 0.4a.
-Implement Mage: The Ascension that allows for coding rotes and properly using them in game.

-This is a big one: Deprecate the check command and replace with a new rule system. Since wodal reads line by line in a  delayed timer to reduce lag in the game, the checks sometimes produce inaccurate or dated results that can cause oddities in the game. I plan to completely overhaul the condition checking system and implement a rules system for code. This will require an overhaul of all of Wodal's scripts - that's the price of coding for an alpha language.

I'll be working on this new rule system when I design the new rune system for E-Mod 1.9.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

wesclash

Re: Plans for 0.5a
« Reply #1 on: 2009-07-27, 19:23:52 »

Javo, you are a machine.  When do you sleep?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #2 on: 2009-07-27, 21:51:15 »

I've been doing Egon's experiment where I practice sleeping only 15 minutes a day.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Mv.c9

« Reply #3 on: 2010-01-23, 09:57:48 »

as far as i can remember, vicissitude and obtenebration were the main ones that were left
New Disciplines Mod - Bloodlines
http://www.moddb.com/mods/bloodlines-antitribu

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #4 on: 2010-01-23, 11:40:17 »

There's more left than that. Have you checked the markers (the folders starting with _ in the wodal/scripts/blah blah) in the directory?

Mv.c9

« Reply #5 on: 2010-01-24, 06:17:40 »

ow yes, i forgot.

chimercity
vicissitude
obtenebration
dominate
necromancy
quietus
dementation
New Disciplines Mod - Bloodlines
http://www.moddb.com/mods/bloodlines-antitribu

cadmiumcadamium

« Reply #6 on: 2010-02-14, 12:53:31 »

Why haven't you done Dominate before? Its one of the Cardinal 8 for gods sake.

Anyway, in the next version of Wodal, please make sure that, for example, a broadsword shows a damage of str+4 lethal instead of 40 lethal. Even if the game mechanics counts damage as 40 it really should read str+4.

Just a thought.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #7 on: 2010-02-14, 14:15:29 »

No. There.

cadmiumcadamium

« Reply #8 on: 2010-02-15, 02:58:47 »

Why not? and what if i want to do this myself? how do i do this? i meant there must be somewhere i can edit the text.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #9 on: 2010-02-15, 03:26:31 »

Because you can't. The value is integer stored in the template database for the weapon (.not) and not a string. You can't put "str+4" in the weapon damage stat. You can change the damage of a weapon (number), but not how it's presented. Check the NOT Editor section for how weapons are created. I didn't touch the weapons, I divided the damage done by them in a damage override backbone so I wouldn't have to adjust every weapon in the database. This was a more flexible choice in that no one has to redo all of their weapons just to be compatible with Wodal. The weapons should remain untouched for compatibility purposes with the anormous amount of user addon weapons that exist in the community. I was aiming for arbitrary; not proprietary.

cadmiumcadamium

« Reply #10 on: 2010-02-15, 11:33:19 »

i see, then i will no longer bug you about this  ;D

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #11 on: 2012-06-05, 12:47:49 »

I think it's about time I reconsider the design of how disciplines are represented in Wodal. I still want to aim for minimal content when it comes to the number of representational groups because the game still limits to 30 discipline groups. I could, however, create 3 groups that represent primary, secondary, and tertiary disciplines. Then I can create individual disciplines like Feral Claws, Summon Soul, and stuff like that to the groups. I'll still require character sheet definitions on how those disciplines will function in-game or whether the player has access to them in the character sheet. This could remove the navigation iterator (somewhat). I'll keep the iterator system intact, but still give a simple option for the end-user. The iterator "disciplines" (like the ones currently used in Wodal 0.4a) should be used for those oddball disciplines often found in supplement books for stuff like Necromancy and the expanded Thaumaturgy Rituals, which can be quite massive. I want Wodal to be able handle all WoD content, but I'll at least make a simple option for the more common disciplines.

Phantom of the Vamp

« Reply #12 on: 2012-06-16, 20:55:46 »

I get excited every time you mention disciplines.  :) 

aldebaran

« Reply #13 on: 2012-11-30, 02:59:19 »

I had been testing your Wodal mod and i'm amazed. Really impressing work.

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 19 queries.