Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-09-19, 11:56:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Help with a finishing touch  (Read 2317 times)

HeathCliff Mannings

Help with a finishing touch
« on: 2009-07-08, 17:40:05 »

Hello all! I made a custom weapon in milkshape, set it to the appropriate skeleton ID, made the NOT file. I can spawn it in game and equip it, it works! But.., it's as if my character isn't actually holding in, more so just floating in his hand more or less. Just curious what I left out, perhaps I need to somehow connect it to the skeleton in Milkshape?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Help with a finishing touch
« Reply #1 on: 2009-07-08, 18:54:47 »

Seems like all you have left to do is tweak the weapons alignment and position in Milkshape. You might have it already assigned to the correct skeleton, you just need to move the weapon around in milkshape till it looks right in-game.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

CL0wN

• CL0wN.com
« Reply #2 on: 2009-07-09, 07:31:43 »

It helps if you import a character model, Select all groups and then regroup the whole character into one group. Then delete all the materials and bones. Now you have a template you can use to position your weapon. Import your weapon and place it in the template character's hand. You must make sure that you save your weapon over similar model stances. For example if you position the weapon using a T stance character, but save it over a action stance character the weapon will not be in the correct position in game.

HeathCliff Mannings

« Reply #3 on: 2009-07-16, 01:38:34 »

Here's an other question! An other finishing touch I need help with. I made a custom Staff weapon. I think my problem  has to do with inside the NOT file. I think I have problem with the Weapon_Model entry. The name of the actualy NOD file is serpentstaff, but when I enter that for the weapon_model, and equip it, the weapon is invisible.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #4 on: 2009-07-16, 10:44:49 »

When you make a weapon in NOT editor, you have two required model tags. The first is MODEL and that only reflects what the weapon looks like on the ground. The second tag is WEAPON_MODEL and that one is more tricky.

WEAPON_MODEL looks for a string ("weapon") + the skeleton ID of the person holding the weapon as a .nod file. So if you have "weapon" inputted as the WEAPON_MODEL tag, you need to create at least 4 additional models:

weapon_0.nod - For when christof type models equip the weapon.
weapon_1.nod - For when erik/pink type models equip the weapon.
weapon_3.nod - For most female models that equip the weapon.
weapon_4.nod - For when samuel/nosferatu type models equip the weapon.

The above models are unique and that they consist of your weapon model attached to a skeleton. Best thing to do is

-grab an existing weapon like axe_0.nod, copy it, rename it to yourweapon_0.nod, remove read-only if it is on.
-import it into Milkshape then place your weapon model at a similar position to the axe,
-check what bone the axe is attached to, then assign the weapon to the correct bone.
-Delete the axe afterward leaving only your weapon behind. Double check that it is assigned to a bone.
-Export the model (make sure to overwrite existing _0.nod model you just imported.)

You'll need to repeat the process for _1.nod, _3.nod, and _4.nod to make the weapon appear for all 4 main model types.

-Hope that helps. ;)

"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

HeathCliff Mannings

« Reply #5 on: 2009-07-17, 01:45:25 »

Yeah I'm aware of the skeleton_ID. I'm making a staff weapon, and when I loaded quaterstaff_0.nod, the skeleton was in the T shape, and I always just assumed that was for Erik/Pink characters. The weapon is intended for a Christof/Wilhem character. Either way, I will build off of quaterstaff_0 and see how that goes.

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 19 queries.