Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-11-17, 15:03:33
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Help with walk the Abyss script  (Read 2990 times)

CL0wN

• CL0wN.com
Help with walk the Abyss script
« on: 2009-06-03, 08:10:39 »

Hi Javokis
I am hoping that you will write me a script for the S.I.X. mod. I can make models and maps, but I stink with scripts. I need a script that functions like walk the abyss, but rather than teleporting to the haven, will teleport to a hub style map. I also would like the gate to close after it is used. The idea is to have a discipline that will open a gate. When the player walks through the gate it takes him to a dimension with multiple gates to different areas. Anyway, I lack the knowledge to make the script. I can make the map and the model for the gate and I know how to add in the discipline. I assume the map and the gate would need to have specific names or tags to match the new discipline. Could you make this?Please (I?m not above begging).

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Help with walk the Abyss script
« Reply #1 on: 2009-06-03, 10:53:14 »

This sounds fairly simple. Just tell me what the name of the new portal template will be and I'll make an altered walk the abyss discipline script that you can do with as you please. All  you have to do is setup the chronicle to go to the new hub haven... unless of course you intend on making this discipline seperate from the standard walk the abyss discipline. In that case, tell me the name of the intended location on the chronicle (nsc file) or simply send me the chronicle so I can see what location the discipline needs to go.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

CL0wN

• CL0wN.com
« Reply #2 on: 2009-06-03, 14:49:15 »

Thanks Javokis. I would like it to be a stand alone discipline, separate from walk the abyss; That way players can use both. I also want to use the script with objects and scrolls. The template name could be DimensionGate_01, The NSC is SIX_LON_MD.nsc, and the location in the nsc would be SIX_Dimension_01.nil. The following is the nsc:

##########################################################
#
# SIX_LON_MD.nsc
#
#
# (c) 1999 Nihilistic Software, Inc. All rights reserved
#
# Author: CL0wN
#

location        TottenhamFlat LON_TottenhamFlat.nil           null LON_TottenhamFlat.nui mapLON_TottenhamFlat  0x40
#
location       AntiquitiesLibrary LON_AntiquitiesLibrary.nil           null LON_AntiquitiesLibrary.nui mapLON_AntiquitiesLibrary  0x0
#
location      CargoShip    L1_CARG.nil           null mapLondonEast.nui  mapStMagdalena  0x0
#
location      Catacombs1 LON_Catacomb1.nil JOS1_CTD_3_1.nsd mapTemesvar.nui mapLON_Catacomb1  0x0
#
location      Catacombs2 LON_Catacomb2.nil JOS2_CTD_3_1.nsd mapTemesvar.nui mapLON_Catacomb2  0x0
#
location      Catacombs3 LON_Catacomb3.nil JOS3_CTD_3_1.nsd mapTemesvar.nui mapLON_Catacomb3  0x0
#
location      ClubTenebrae   LON_Club.nil           null   LON_Club.nui     mapLON_Club  0x0
#
location      CurioShop  LON_Curio.nil           null  LON_Curio.nui    mapLON_Curio  0x0
#
location      GearHouse LON_GearHouse.nil           null LON_GearHouse.nui mapLON_GearHouse  0xB4
#
location   HighLandWay LON_HighLandWay.nil           null LON_HighLandWay.nui mapLON_HighLandWay  0x40
#
location   HighLandStation LON_UnderGround_02.nil           null LON_UnderGround_02.nui mapLON_UnderGround_02  0x40
#
location   HuntersGuild1 LON_HuntersGuild1.nil           null LON_HuntersGuild1.nui mapLON_HuntersGuild1  0x0
#
location   HuntersGuild2 LON_HuntersGuild2.nil           null LON_HuntersGuild2.nui mapLON_HuntersGuild2  0x0
#
location   HuntersGuild3 LON_HuntersGuild3.nil           null LON_HuntersGuild3.nui mapLON_HuntersGuild3  0x0
#
location      MossyHearth LON_MossyHearth.nil           null LON_MossyHearth.nui mapLON_MossyHearth  0x20
#
location      Oubliette    p1_oubl.nil OUBL_CTD_2_1.nsd mapTemesvar.nui    mapOubliette  0x20
#
location       SorvenaCottage    p1_rabi.nil RABI_CTD_1_1.nsd mapTemesvar.nui mapSorvenasCottage  0x20
#
location      Temesvar    p1_nqtr.nil NQTR_CTD_1_1.nsd mapTemesvar.nui mapMossyHearthInn  0xA4
#
location      RoyalTrust   LON_Bank.nil           null   LON_Bank.nui     mapLON_Bank  0x0
#
location      RoyalTrust2   LON_Bank2.nil           null   LON_Bank2.nui     mapLON_Bank2  0x0
#
location      RoyalTrust3   LON_Bank3.nil           null   LON_Bank3.nui     mapLON_Bank3  0x0
#
location      RoyalTrust4   LON_BankUnderGround.nil           null   LON_BankUnderGround.nui     mapLON_BankUnderGround  0x40
#
location     TopiaryMaze    LON_TopiaryMaze.nil           null LON_TopiaryMaze.nui mapLON_TopiaryMaze  0x40
#
location       TottenhamAttic LON_TottenhamAttic.nil           null LON_TottenhamAttic.nui mapLON_TottenhamAttic  0x0
#
location       TottenhamCourt LON_TottenhamCourt.nil           null LON_TottenhamCourt.nui mapLON_TottenhamCourt  0x40
#
location      TottenhamStation    LON_UnderGround.nil           null LON_UnderGround.nui mapLON_UnderGround  0x40
#
location          Tower1    l1_tol1.nil           null mapLondonEast.nui mapTowerOfLondon  0x0
#
location          Tower2    l1_tol2.nil           null mapLondonEast.nui mapTowerOfLondon  0x0
#
location          Tower3    l1_tol3.nil           null mapLondonEast.nui mapTowerOfLondon  0x0
#
location          Tower4    l1_tol4.nil           null mapLondonEast.nui mapTowerOfLondon  0x0
#
location     UnderGroundCar1    LON_UnderGround_Car01.nil           null LON_UnderGround_Car01.nui mapLON_UnderGround_Car01  0x40
#

exit           Catacombs1,1          Catacombs2,0
exit           Catacombs2,1          Catacombs3,0
exit          HighLandWay,0       HuntersGuild1,0
exit          HighLandWay,1           CurioShop,0
exit          HighLandWay,2     HighLandStation,0
exit          HighLandWay,3        ClubTenebrae,0
exit          HighLandWay,4          RoyalTrust,0
exit          HighLandWay,5          RoyalTrust,1
exit          HighLandWay,8         RoyalTrust3,3
exit       TottenhamCourt,0    TottenhamStation,0
exit       TottenhamCourt,1              Tower1,0
exit       TottenhamCourt,2           GearHouse,0
exit       TottenhamCourt,3           CargoShip,0
exit       TottenhamCourt,8      TottenhamAttic,0
exit       TottenhamCourt,12      TottenhamFlat,4
exit       TottenhamCourt,13      TottenhamFlat,0
exit       TottenhamCourt,14     TottenhamCourt,15
exit       TottenhamAttic,1      TottenhamAttic,2
exit        TottenhamFlat,1  AntiquitiesLibrary,0
exit        TottenhamFlat,5          GearHouse,1
exit        HuntersGuild3,0       HuntersGuild2,1
exit        HuntersGuild2,0       HuntersGuild1,1
exit        HuntersGuild3,1         MossyHearth,3
exit             Temesvar,1          Catacombs1,0
exit             Temesvar,2         MossyHearth,0
exit             Temesvar,3           Oubliette,0
exit             Temesvar,4      SorvenaCottage,0
exit               Tower1,1              Tower2,0
exit               Tower2,1              Tower3,0
exit               Tower3,1              Tower4,0
exit       TottenhamCourt,4      TottenhamCourt,5
exit       TottenhamCourt,6      AntiquitiesLibrary,1
exit       TottenhamCourt,9      TottenhamCourt,10
exit           RoyalTrust,3         RoyalTrust2,0
exit           RoyalTrust,4         RoyalTrust3,0
exit          RoyalTrust2,4         RoyalTrust3,1
exit          RoyalTrust4,0         RoyalTrust,5
exit          RoyalTrust4,1         RoyalTrust4,2
exit       HighLandStation,2     UnderGroundCar1,1
exit       UnderGroundCar1,0     TottenhamStation,1

script    MP_CTDChronicle
metafile   SIX_LON_MD.nmf
portal      TottenhamFlat 4
flags                 0x3
reviveloc   TottenhamFlat 4

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #3 on: 2009-06-03, 18:57:27 »

You'll need to add the SIX_Dimension_01.nil as a location on the chronicle with a specific location name. I can make a discipline look for a location name on a chronicle, but not one that loads an external map directly. Thus the discipline will only function on supporting SIX chronicles.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

CL0wN

• CL0wN.com
« Reply #4 on: 2009-06-03, 23:59:08 »

How about Dimension01 for the location name.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #5 on: 2009-06-04, 00:50:10 »

To be more specific, I would recommend SIX_DimensionHub as a location name since it's purposely unique to your mod. That way conflicts will be more difficult to occur down the line from running chronicles that have generic 'dimension' locations that aren't actually intended for SIX mod's world.

I hope to have time to work on it this weekend.

CL0wN

• CL0wN.com
« Reply #6 on: 2009-06-04, 06:45:55 »

That makes sense. I really appreciate your help with this.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #7 on: 2009-06-06, 11:39:33 »

NP. I attached the scripts you wanted below. Two scripts are included with their .java sources in case you want to see what I did.

SIXDisciplineDimensionPortal - This script should be assigned to a discipline in the game.ndd file. The discipline should be setup to cast on self. It will spawn the six_dimensionportal template, which again, should follow deliberate naming conventions for your mod.

SIXDimensionPortal - This script should be applied to the six_dimensionportal template. You can test the template by simply spawning it. The first player that clicks on it gets sent to the SIX_DimensionHub location on the chronicle. Be sure it is named accurately on your nsc file. If the location doesn't exist on the chronicle then the portal will simply disappear upon creation with a console message telling you the location doesn't exist on chronicle.

I haven't tested the script, but *knock on wood* I think it should work.

CL0wN

• CL0wN.com
« Reply #8 on: 2009-06-06, 14:18:39 »

Thank you. It worked perfectly the first time I  tested it. You are the man Javokis. ;D

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 18 queries.