Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-09-19, 11:58:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Creating GIBS  (Read 1786 times)

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
    • CLICK HERE TO VISIT MYSPACE SITE.
Creating GIBS
« on: 2009-05-13, 23:14:31 »

Ok, seems i been having this issue where the game Spawns a double gib each time there is a "gib kill", so far i have a new gib called gib_15_0 in Not editor, it does not contains any more children gibs, so its just gib_15_0.

I had set the Gibbing in the character Template as "15", maybe i am doing something wrong or must have missed a Flag or something, also what is the difference between "Always Gib Kill", "Only Gib Kill" and "Can Gib Kill"? I think the last is obvious...

Its a little bit too annoying since i am using this new gib as for the Boomer Explode on death, it should leave only 1 lower torso-leg gib and having 2-3 of the same gib dosent looks nice... Here is a pic.
Victims... arent we all?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Creating GIBS
« Reply #1 on: 2009-05-14, 11:42:08 »

There's not much you can do about that. The gib system is designed to spread random gibs. If you look at the gibs for other models, you will notice that the gibs are generic clobs of flesh and don't relate to any limbs. The engine just isn't designed to spawn only one specific gib, but a series of random gibs. I would recommend you create a number of additional gibs like 5 additional gibs with the leg being only one of them and a bunch of generic clobs of flesh being the rest.

Try setting the limbs to no-client synch in the thingflags. As for the "Always gib kill" flag, that is designed to always splatter the target upon death, otherwise they only splatter if they take a massive amount of damage. I'm not sure what "Only gib kill" does.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
    • CLICK HERE TO VISIT MYSPACE SITE.
Re: Creating GIBS
« Reply #2 on: 2009-05-14, 21:31:30 »

Ahh! once more... thanks!
Victims... arent we all?

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 19 queries.