Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-11-20, 03:29:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Particles NOT Editor.  (Read 2586 times)

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
    • CLICK HERE TO VISIT MYSPACE SITE.
Particles NOT Editor.
« on: 2009-05-12, 19:21:12 »

I been trying to create a new particle using the ones already made in game.npd, it seems it does shows up in game but it appears at the floor, anyway to reposition the particle using not editor? i been seeing this editorsizemin and editorsizemax, what do exactly do? thanks in advance.
Victims... arent we all?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Particles NOT Editor.
« Reply #1 on: 2009-05-13, 21:13:06 »

There is no option in not editor that allows you to offset the particles like that. Editor sizes are used by embrace (to set the sizes of the boxes) only and do not effect the appearance in-game.

On the other hand, you could make an explosion in addition to the particle by assigning a custom made nex file. An explosion nex file can spawn an object at a float offset. If you check the rocketExp.nex file the following command would go like so:

Code: [Select]
1               CREATE          1          100.0        250    rocketExplosion  5    0 0 0

The last part of the command (the three 0 0 0)s are x, y, and z offsets. I suspect that the last 0 is z (z axis is up/down). So inputting something like 0 0 60 might create the offset you're looking for. If that doesn't work then I think 0 60 0 would be the correct next guess. 60 game units represents around 1 yard or meter.So adjust accordingly.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
    • CLICK HERE TO VISIT MYSPACE SITE.
« Reply #2 on: 2009-05-13, 23:19:33 »

Thanks JAvo, i think it worked partially, i can see the particle a little bit above the feets, yet still low enough even if i put a higher number, but thanks, i guess its better than how it was.
Victims... arent we all?

gschenker

« Reply #3 on: 2010-01-29, 11:36:39 »

How can I find my wanted NPCs in a NOT template with NOT Editor? I want to make an SP chronicle, and I would like to set a "Goon" NPC (actually, a Giovanni NPC) as an SP actor, but, unfortunately, I can't find it in NOT editor, because it is not possible to seeking in the template. At this point, I made a copy of "_giga.not" template, but I was not able to finding the Goon between the Actors with NOT Editor.  :(

Somebody has an idea?  ::)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #4 on: 2010-01-29, 11:40:20 »

The giovanni are located in modernday.not under vampires_md>giovanni

BTW: This is not the correct topic to post that question.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

gschenker

« Reply #5 on: 2010-01-30, 09:40:00 »

Thanks for your advice, Javokis, and sorry for the wrong posting.

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 19 queries.