Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-09-19, 12:04:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Tricky Scripting Questions  (Read 2554 times)

FierceToreador

• My Temporary Music Portfolio (Outdated)
Tricky Scripting Questions
« on: 2009-03-28, 08:01:49 »

Hello all,

I have been trying to figure out some specific things for my mod in regards to character stats. I am uncertain if it is even possible to do this, but I would think that it would be somehow.
The main issue has been offering modified stats based on generation, along with only granting upgrades in character ranks when they reach a certain generation instead of rewarding these ranks based on experience. Is there a way to do this through java scripting or must this be handled by the hard-coded stuff instead?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

ORI

Re: Tricky Scripting Questions
« Reply #1 on: 2009-03-28, 08:54:39 »

You can do that with WoDal , very easily I think.
but im wondering why, because surely you realize Generation is only raised via diablerie so in the Vampire the Masquerade concepts it would make very little sense to do something like that

FierceToreador

« Reply #2 on: 2009-03-28, 09:32:35 »

Diablerie is very much a part of Vampire though, so why not? I mean, if a person wants a lower generation then they can be embraced by an NPC within our mod that has a lower generation, or another player. They would not always have to go through diablerie.
You do know that in PnP a methuselah is a vampire of 4th and 5th generation for example, right?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #3 on: 2009-03-28, 10:20:23 »

The in-game ranks are on the hard coded side - linked with the hard coded experience system. So the answer is no, and only yes if you decide to create your own rank system that runs in the background. Like what is possible with Wodal (You can create status background tag in a Wodal character sheet and code that to do something.)
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

FierceToreador

« Reply #4 on: 2009-03-28, 11:06:43 »

Alright, I figured it was hard coded since I could find nothing through the java files or the .not editor. I will check Wodal and see how I may implement such an external system into my mod. Thanks for the help.

ORI

« Reply #5 on: 2009-03-28, 12:35:55 »

Note that Redemption's readme file clearly states that rank is completely independant from generation in this game(so someone of the 13 generation can be ranked Anthediluvian ) so I guess I was confused as to what you ment.

FierceToreador

« Reply #6 on: 2009-03-28, 16:49:38 »

Understandable.  ;D The idea of a 13th Generation Antediluvian sounds quite silly though. Is it even possible to go higher than Methuselah in the game? I once tried leveling a character through the storyteller pane, I gave him every discipline in the game, all stats at 100, and he was just a Methuselah. I've never reached the maximum experience cap though, which I am guessing must be pretty high.

Anyway, another question I have... Is there a way to change the required experience for stat increases or is that hard-coded as well?

ORI

« Reply #7 on: 2009-03-28, 17:42:27 »

Hmm since its probably calculating the XP to raise via formula im guessing it is hard coded .

FierceToreador

« Reply #8 on: 2009-03-28, 19:39:43 »

Ah, figures. Thanks for the input!

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 17 queries.