Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-09-21, 09:04:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Black Metamorphosis  (Read 5447 times)

ORI

Black Metamorphosis
« on: 2009-03-15, 10:53:27 »

So I started modelling Black Metamorphosis.  So far ill be building on and modifying the exsisting redemption models to preserve the visual style of the game , Iv attached a screenshot so you can see the start of my work method, if anyone have any concerns about the base model or it being low level poly please raise them now before I dvelve further into this.
« Last Edit: 2009-03-15, 11:00:42 by ORI »

ORI

Re: Black Metamorphosis
« Reply #1 on: 2009-03-15, 12:57:45 »

Cant work on it that much so its on and off, here is a shot that gives the idea better, still needs divisions on arms  and I didnt move them to bind pose yet and need to create upper tentcles too.

Options are adding some extra features for more intimidating appearnce but might just do it with textures.

For anyone who is curious about how it will Animate, look at the Arms of the Abyss Iv made,  I intend to use a similar improvised rigging method(always tricky when you cant paint weights but eventually it works)
« Last Edit: 2009-03-15, 12:59:18 by ORI »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #2 on: 2009-03-15, 22:37:55 »

Ya went all goth/ventrue model on this, hmm? I think a generic black metamorphosis for skel 0 shouldn't resemble any of the pre-models. Probably should have something humanoid, but barely recognizable. I think it would be cool to add some kind of dark shroud around the model. That way the shroud can hide the model's original appearance, making it pass for anything. There should only be a small hint that there's a humanoid form if I recall reading the description right.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

ORI

« Reply #3 on: 2009-03-16, 09:14:54 »

Keep in mind that there is a difference between Black Metamorphosis(Obteneberation 4) and Teneberous Form(Obteneberation 5).. in Black Metamorphosis the kindred usually looks like a shadowy hellish version of himself(so still humaniod for the most part that is albiet unrecognizable)
while Teneberous Form goes all out transforming the kindred into something else entirely(Subjective to the kindred so it could be something outerworldly).

The Goth model is the model I used for my Lasombra character, Most chances I will change the hair to a custom made hellish appearnce one, the model will be textured mostly black(trust me you wont be able to recognize the person) and I intend to add more smaller deformed patches of shadow in addition to the four shadow arms.

Since the source humaniod shape is still recognizable in Black Metamorphosis I will have to make a female version as well for female models.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #4 on: 2009-03-16, 18:03:46 »

Ah ok. Actually, 4 skel types would be needed. Otherwise, I'll have a fail if the model's skeleton doesn't exist.

Skel 0 is pretty easy since it's commonly used, but we also need skel 1 (Pink/Erik skeleton types), Skel 3 (Female types), and Skel 4 (Nosferatu types - granted I don't see in nossies using this power anytime soon, but the option should still be there for flexibility purposes).
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

ORI

« Reply #5 on: 2009-03-17, 13:08:33 »

Here is a very quick rough sketch of the concept I was thinking of (minus the rough pose)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #6 on: 2009-03-17, 13:51:30 »

Awesome. Ya might need to make some animated textures for that one. I have the tutorial on animated textures for Redemption if ya need it.

ORI

« Reply #7 on: 2009-03-17, 15:30:11 »

My progess is slow because I have to edit a movie and make some other 3d project but since this is a fun passtime I will get there

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #8 on: 2009-03-17, 15:35:17 »

How are getting these tentacles on the model? Using extrude feature or what?

ORI

« Reply #9 on: 2009-03-17, 15:37:30 »

No,Close, they are seperate objects, I snap them to the model original vertecies using vertex snap. that way I could later have the base of each move togther with the model. anyway they still need work before they can be properly animated

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #10 on: 2009-03-17, 15:39:21 »

Ah. It's been awhile since I modeled. I'm starting to feel the mood to make some more swords.

ORI

« Reply #11 on: 2009-03-20, 10:39:14 »

Iv started working on the smaller tendrils that going to cover the kindred body in addition to the actual functioning arms.

This is the start for these parts but the end result is probably going to be resized and deformed to create variants I will then fit onto the target model.

The picture shows the process I used, The Humanoid model is there for reference only.(I couldnt bring in the model with the four arms of the abyss because Im working on a different computer with different version of the software im using)
« Last Edit: 2009-03-20, 10:41:22 by ORI »

ORI

« Reply #12 on: 2009-03-21, 08:59:03 »

Another Update, Iv made the head part. The modelling is very rough but thus remains very authentic in style to the chaotic shadow that I envision this discipline power to be.
Iv shaded it for extra fun.

And Javo if you are curious about the Technic, No Exturde was used in the making of this model.  I used Split Polygon Tool,Edge Loop Tool, Duplicate, Merge Vertex and Bend and Lattic Deformers almost exclusively. Still need to tweak the wireframe abit to make it flow and more evil maybe.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #13 on: 2009-03-21, 09:53:45 »

Whoa. I liky. Obtenebration is gonna be cool. I hope we can come up with similar coolness for Vicissitude.

ORI

« Reply #14 on: 2009-03-21, 12:01:38 »

Ill follow what I read when I read the description (which different from what Bloodlines and Redemption have for horrid form)
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 17 queries.