Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-09-20, 22:12:30
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: MOTIONTAG screw-up?  (Read 1927 times)

wesclash

MOTIONTAG screw-up?
« on: 2009-02-16, 08:01:18 »

I'm working on making the Obeah discipline of the Salubri.  They have a third eye that opens up when they use their powers, and I was working on placing a little glowing light on the users forehead to represent it  (in the EffectDisc script) but it seems the MOTIONTAG_HEAD is wrong on the female skeleton; it seems to be designating the jaw.  I'm sure someone else has already discovered this.  Is there some way to correct this, or to script it so it uses different offsets for the female? 

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: MOTIONTAG screw-up?
« Reply #1 on: 2009-02-16, 11:38:49 »

There's a couple of ways you can do this:

-Edit the tags of the female models in their nms (motion) files so that they'll use a proper bone number for their head.
-Attached below is a sample script from E-Mod 1.8's helmet wearing: I too had to do some additional adjustments to make the helmet fit right on all major models. You could easily take this script and modify it to spawn a particle rather than a full helm.

"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #2 on: 2009-02-16, 11:42:36 »

Here's a little info on what the boneNums are for the HEAD tag:

18 - skeleton 0 models like christof and wilhem.
13 - skeleton 1 models like erik and pink.
21 - skeleton 3 models like lily and serena.
NOTE: I had to switch the boneNum to look for HELMET tag instead of HEAD tag on female models.
14 - skeleton 4 models like nosferatu (Samuel).
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

wesclash

« Reply #3 on: 2009-02-16, 17:28:05 »

Thanks, Javokis.  I think that EffectFullHelm-script is what I was looking for.  I have the MOTIONTAG in the script set to helmet right now, and I kind of like the way it looks, but I wasn't quite ready to settle for it.

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 19 queries.