Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-09-21, 09:05:15
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Making skins into NPCs  (Read 2019 times)

Mort

• Team
Making skins into NPCs
« on: 2008-08-06, 20:08:55 »

Long time no see. <3

Getting back into vtmr a little with a few of my RP buddies.  We use a lot of skins from the NoN pack for our charactors.  Is there anyway you can do or teach me how to make the skins from the pack into spawnable NPCs that dont have the fumblumen/christof/lily/etc unchangable name glitch?  This could assist us a lot with our games.

Thanks, Matt
« Last Edit: 2008-08-06, 20:10:55 by mgust35 »
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Making skins into NPCs
« Reply #1 on: 2008-08-07, 00:03:28 »

That isn't too hard. All you do is to extract the not file from the NoN's nob file, open it with not editor, then change the templates TYPE tags to ACTOR. You might want to create custom copies of the original templates because changing the models into npcs like that is going to cause crash problems for players. So make copies of the templates. You'll have to distribute your modification to anyone who will connect to your server or they wont see your new npcs.

Remember, I have not editor tutorials here in this section of the forum. Check them out. ;)
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Mort

• Team
« Reply #2 on: 2008-08-10, 06:15:34 »

Thanks for the help.  Works great.

Man you werent kidding.  You have been busy.  Last time i logged on here there wasnt as near the amount of tutorials as there are now.  Get tired of people bothering you with questions?  :P

How about a tutorial on making custom designed weapons like in your weapon pack?  I have a design of a weapon I would like to use in game.
« Last Edit: 2008-08-10, 06:21:57 by mgust35 »
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #3 on: 2008-08-10, 21:01:54 »

I was thinking about that though it could take awhile.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 17 queries.