Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-11-24, 06:54:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Another Project by the Crimson Keep  (Read 5068 times)

Demortia

• The Crimson Keep
Another Project by the Crimson Keep
« on: 2008-06-28, 15:55:09 »

Things are progressing well with the next project "Highgate Sanitarium" and its nightmare duplicate "Hellgate Sanitarium".
I've also offered Barnabas a copy of the Sanitarium .map files for inclusion in his big city project, so eventually it'll be included in a much larger map ( or at least the "normal" side of it anyway ).

As things are going with the map, its turning into something resembling Silent Hill set inside the Resident Evil Mansion, thats the best way I can describe it anyway.
If anyone has any ideas or advice, let me know, I'm always happy to hear any constructive criticisms or new ideas :)

You can see some development screenies here :

http://www.runboard.com/bthecrimsonkeepforum.f10.t69
A Guest once said to me "Oh I like Roleplaying, I just dont like it when people stand around pretending to be Vampires!"

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Another Project by the Crimson Keep
« Reply #1 on: 2008-06-28, 22:40:25 »

Awesome. Can't wait.  ;D
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Demortia

• The Crimson Keep
« Reply #2 on: 2008-06-29, 18:04:41 »

I need to make sure that any killed "Nightmare Creatures" do not drop any treasure of any kind. Is there a specific entry I can put into the "TreasureClass" area of the Overrides to make sure that any killed creatures never drop anything or can I suply put "null" into the box?
A Guest once said to me "Oh I like Roleplaying, I just dont like it when people stand around pretending to be Vampires!"

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #3 on: 2008-06-29, 20:28:50 »

I think you can input class # 255 as a no treasure value... if I recall right.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Demortia

• The Crimson Keep
« Reply #4 on: 2008-06-30, 01:27:07 »

Yep, it works great :) thanks

Demortia

• The Crimson Keep
« Reply #5 on: 2008-07-01, 09:04:48 »

Another question lol, hope I'm not getting on your nerves ;)

Is it possible to get point sounds to play at random intervals?
I have some creepy sounds dotted around the place, but it would sound much better if they played at intervals of between 10 and 30 seconds instead of contunually playing in a stream.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #6 on: 2008-07-01, 12:52:45 »

You'll need to add a ghost template then apply a sound script on it. I think there are a couple of random sound script generators already included in the game. I'll see what their names are...

Demortia

• The Crimson Keep
« Reply #7 on: 2008-07-08, 08:39:08 »

Highgate Sanitarium is complete and available for download.

And on to the next project lol.... a massive Cargo Ship ( with a Ghost Ship version ) :)

wesclash

« Reply #8 on: 2008-07-13, 06:31:02 »

Nicely done, Demortia.  The map looks great.  I really enjoyed the ending, too.

Demortia

• The Crimson Keep
« Reply #9 on: 2008-07-13, 22:11:00 »

Its a shame both time and patience was running out on that project or I could of done more with it.
If I could script Vamp like I can script NWN1 I could of made something even better  ;D

btw, the new (1.69) patch for NWN1 has made it worth playing again! ( In paticular is we are now able to ride horses and go jousting! ( dunno if thats spelled right lol ) as well as tons of other new content )
So I'm going to have a go at building another horror themed module :)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #10 on: 2008-07-13, 22:15:54 »

The new NWN1 patch also seems to have fixed the Vista issue.

Demortia

• The Crimson Keep
« Reply #11 on: 2008-07-22, 07:10:21 »

I spent a couple of days putting a NWN module together, progressed well given the short time available. I posted some screenie on the CK forum if anyones interested in taking a look :)

http://www.runboard.com/bthecrimsonkeepforum.f1.t130

Almost forgot : Javokis, if you want to host the Highgate Sanitorium map, feel free to do so :) Chances are I wont be able to host it for much longer anyway.
« Last Edit: 2008-07-22, 14:53:34 by Demortia »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #12 on: 2008-07-22, 22:09:48 »

Not a problem. I added it to my updated maps section:

http://www.e-mods.net/maps.html

ORI

« Reply #13 on: 2008-07-23, 04:47:06 »

The Sanitarium is awesome(can also be used as a prison or some organization's HQ) and I already have some ideas of how to use it if I ever run a HtV chronicle, I also found the Master Cyril easter egg good stuff.

Demortia

• The Crimson Keep
« Reply #14 on: 2008-07-23, 11:07:41 »

The Sanitarium is awesome(can also be used as a prison or some organization's HQ) and I already have some ideas of how to use it if I ever run a HtV chronicle, I also found the Master Cyril easter egg good stuff.

Thanks :) As for the easter egg, I put Cyril in because ( there probably few who would disagree ) he's a complete looney tune and felt he somehow belonged there. Also the fact that many people ( including myself ) would appreciate the opportunity to kicks his butt lol  ;D
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 17 queries.