Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-09-20, 22:00:01
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Maps  (Read 2749 times)

Barnabas

Maps
« on: 2008-06-23, 13:24:41 »

Hi all again,
there is a thing, that annoys me for years now. When I click ingame on the Map Button, in own Maps, the game crashes. Of course there is no Map of my own areas, but is it possible to add a map for my area in the cronicle, so that this button doesn´t cause a crash anymore?
Sorry for my bad english ...

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Maps
« Reply #1 on: 2008-06-23, 13:39:35 »

?????

There is no Maps button in my game. Are we sure we talking about the same game? Where in the GUI are you?
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Barnabas

« Reply #2 on: 2008-06-23, 13:53:32 »

Sorry for my bad english ...

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #3 on: 2008-06-23, 14:09:07 »

Aha! I thought you meant a level loading type button. You meant the "map" button.

Ok look at your nsc file for you chronicle. This is typically how a location is formatted:

location [location name]  [name of nil file] [name of custom scene file - use NULL for static scene] [name of nui file for map] [location tag for map] [flag #]

If you're trying to load a GUI that does not exist then that might be what's causing the problem... or perhaps you're loading an existing map GUI, but are using wrong location tags. Typically I just write in my locations like so in my nsc file:

Code: [Select]
location  mylocation  mylocation.nil   NULL NULL  NULL  0x0040
I use the flag 0x0040 to clear the buffer, which removes HOM effects in maps with gaps.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

gschenker

« Reply #4 on: 2010-04-08, 12:23:46 »

Yesterday I was seeking about a map from the MoTA maps (Darklord's Private House map), but unfortunately I can't found it. Is there any .MAP file of the Private house map in the downloadable 'MoTA_maps.zip' in another name?
Otherwise, there is available a file with a .NIL extension for the Private house, but it not seems to be an importable format for the Embrace.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #5 on: 2010-04-08, 12:48:22 »

Looks like Private House was another .map that was lost. I recall it used to be in circulation years ago. I really wish I had kept the .map files to Celtic Realm too. That was a lot of reformatting and buying new computers ago.

I heard someone was looking into making a .nil decompiler, but I haven't heard any news on whether that was finished or what. I tend to wonder if the guy working on the decompiler gave up...

gschenker

« Reply #6 on: 2010-04-09, 09:33:16 »

Fortunately, I found a source map file of the Private house for the Embrace, deeply hidden in a Czech site.
Below the link where the lost MAP file of Private house is downloadable, if you want to complete the MoTA_maps collection, Javo:

ftp://parba.chello.cz/addony.parba.cz/vampire/mapy/PrivateHouse.zip
« Last Edit: 2010-04-09, 09:34:58 by gschenker »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #7 on: 2010-04-09, 12:01:02 »

Awesome! Totally Awesome! If you happen upon the Celtic Realm .maps deeply hidden somewhere too, let me know.

Thanks very much! :D

gschenker

« Reply #8 on: 2010-04-09, 12:10:59 »

Okay, maestro, I will try to find it! The Celtic realms is a very good map, so I will search for it.  :)

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 19 queries.