Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-11-20, 03:43:05
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Heathcliff Mannings  (Read 3819 times)

HeathCliff Mannings

Heathcliff Mannings
« on: 2008-06-07, 20:17:25 »

Greetings. This isn't so much of an introduction but more of a question. This topic section of the forum seemed more appropriate to ask, hence I'm new to the forum. I haven't played Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption in years. I left the game around it's downfall of interest, but I came in and out of the RP circles playing with a few small groups, but left the game entirely about 3-4 years ago.

Lately I have been thinking about getting back into it. I don't have any interest in getting into the new wod, so I thought I would try and get back into the vtmr video game. I was going to burn my game discs and give them to some friends and we would just play online with each other and such. Assuming that the online community for this game was non-existent, but after some searching I did find this website.
Long story short, but do any of you still play the game? Thanks

« Last Edit: 2008-06-07, 20:24:59 by HeathCliff Mannings »

Devair

Re: Heathcliff Mannings
« Reply #1 on: 2008-06-08, 02:38:08 »

I'd never played the game until this year, and my friends haven't played it at all.  They're getting copies of the game so we can play together, and one's husband may be interested in it, too.   As far as a community, I don't know, but considering I'm brand new to it, obviously the old game's still got appeal.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #2 on: 2008-06-08, 10:35:30 »

Amon to that. I'll probably be starting up again this summer as I try to finish up the AttA compilation as well as a Bloodlines textures conversion project.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

HeathCliff Mannings

« Reply #3 on: 2008-06-08, 18:16:07 »

That's good to hear! I'm glad that there is somewhat of a community left. This and only a small handful of websites are still up; but they haven't been updated since 2002. A lot of the old community websites have been replaced with "This domain is available" or "Error page does not exist". It's quite sad really.

It's a shame that new players that come into the game,  such as you Devair, never got to experience the video game at it's peak, and are often left alone, and discouraged. Although, it's good that websites like this still exist!  I'm kind of hesitant to try and get my friends to play. Only because I don't think they would enjoy as much as I did. I don't think they would like the game due to the lack of players.
« Last Edit: 2008-06-08, 18:18:03 by HeathCliff Mannings »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #4 on: 2008-06-08, 21:27:20 »

I definitely want to keep this site going for various reasons so I'll be around for quite a long time.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

wesclash

« Reply #5 on: 2008-06-09, 07:59:48 »

Glad you're sticking around, Javokis.  As for your friends liking the game, Heathcliff; well, what have you got to lose by getting them to try it out?  Especially if you're talking about running custom chronicles; I think playing a character you've customized and personalized is really exciting for anyone who likes RPGs.  I've been playing the pen and paper game since '93, and now that my players are all over the country I'm hoping that we can use VtM:R to continue some of our chronicles.  I played the computer game when it was first released, but never really tried the on-line stuff.  I'm looking forward to trying it out once I finish all my maps and models.

HeathCliff Mannings

« Reply #6 on: 2008-06-09, 17:14:01 »

After some debating, I have decided to start up my own chronicle, even if it is for a few friends. A major factor in my decision, was actually just playing the game again. It was very nostalgic to say the least. Now it's just going through all the maps that I could find ( Hats off to you Javokis, for your map pack!) to try and find the right one.

A good bonus for me, is that my friends already have knowledge of the game. Awhile back I gave  my friends, some of my old VTM source books (The Book of Nod, some clan books, and a few other ones)
« Last Edit: 2008-06-10, 20:58:54 by HeathCliff Mannings »

Chas Dalton

« Reply #7 on: 2008-06-13, 22:20:26 »

Is this still in the works? I just recently got the game back and started messing around again. I actually logged online tonight, but sad to say all the rooms were left with big goose eggs.... nothing like it once was.

HeathCliff Mannings

« Reply #8 on: 2008-06-13, 23:02:50 »

I'm on quite regularly, just setting up my chronicle.

Devair

« Reply #9 on: 2008-06-14, 20:48:22 »

I've always played single player everything - Neverwinter Nights (don't shoot me, anyone *grin* I loved that game for different reasons than I equally love Redemption) and Diablo II.  Thus is my video gaming career unless you roll all the way back to a (cough cough mutter) Super Nintendo.

Right now I'm dealing with the port forewarding issue as all mine are locked down.  Of course tech support for my DSL provider isn't in until Monday.  Not anyone who can answer any questions, anyway.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #10 on: 2008-06-14, 21:53:11 »

Devair

« Reply #11 on: 2008-06-14, 22:32:21 »

There's a wealth of info there, thanks!  Reading is good...  I'd say you should come replace tech support around here, but I wouldn't curse anyone with that.  ::) 

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 19 queries.