Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-11-17, 15:06:31
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Nihilistic map for "theatre"  (Read 2174 times)

Tromador

• Old Fool
Nihilistic map for "theatre"
« on: 2008-05-19, 06:45:38 »

I'd really like to do a re-render of the theatre map without that stupid siren noise soundbox at the back of the theatre, however the .map file supplied by nihilistic seems to be bugged. First off I thought I had done something stupid, however rendering the unaltered map comes up the same.

Inside the main room of the theatre (where blood dolls, hookers etc are in the sp game) all up one side (nearest entrance) is covered in HOM.

Any brilliant ideas how to resolve this without completely rebuilding the wall, which is a fairly major project, just to remove a stupid soundbox. Why Nihilistic felt it necessary to have the siren there in the first place is a mystery to me.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Nihilistic map for "theatre"
« Reply #1 on: 2008-05-20, 07:34:22 »

There is another London .map file that is bugged (The bridge haven). It seems Nihilistic gave us the buggy .map source files. The finished ones are unavailable. I haven't mapped in a long while, but I may look into this later on. Unfortunately this will not be done anytime soon.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Tromador

• Old Fool
« Reply #2 on: 2008-05-28, 08:03:22 »

Aye... I never looked at the Bridge Haven map. Fortunately, if I needed to use it I could just link it in without needing changes.

Best of luck with the theatre, if you do look at it. I spent hours banging my head against a brick wall with it.

Ezykeyal

« Reply #3 on: 2008-05-28, 11:05:31 »

Rebuild it completely and do it the proper way.
Somehow I don't think Nihilistic actually used embrace to create their environments.
The were probably made in something else and later converted to be provided to the community.
Just a wild guess though...

Tromador

• Old Fool
« Reply #4 on: 2008-05-29, 03:09:52 »

Rebuild it completely and do it the proper way.

Well, I suppose I could, but it's a ton of work for a game this quiet.

Somehow I don't think Nihilistic actually used embrace to create their environments.

Embrace is a cut down version of something else isn't it? Maybe they used the original software. Embrace 1.0 does the sectoring as separate .SEC files, which don't appear with the supplied maps in Vampire 1.0, so something wacky is going on.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 19 queries.