Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-11-19, 09:32:30
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Passive Guard Problem  (Read 2845 times)

Devair

Passive Guard Problem
« on: 2008-04-20, 23:13:31 »

In creating my own guards in NOT editor, I managed to get them running smoothly except for one thing - they just stand there if attacked.  I don't need them to follow interest points like pedestrians, but I'm missing something.  They don't come running when someone is attacked and they don't fight back if you attack them.

I set my ACTOR_TEAM to lawman and my ACTOR_AI to guard.nai

In trying to get to the heart of the problem all the basic height, model, motions, foley, etc. follow the Milkmaid tutorial so I knew those weren't causing interference.

Any suggestions?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Passive Guard Problem
« Reply #1 on: 2008-04-21, 18:23:11 »

Check ACTOR_FLAGS tag. See if AI Paused is checked. Also make sure guard is not set to talkable.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Devair

« Reply #2 on: 2008-04-21, 19:07:49 »

I double checked and Actor_Flag AI is unchecked, and they're not talkable.  Very weird... I know I'm missing something which is probably small, but can't quite put my finger on what it is. 

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #3 on: 2008-04-21, 20:35:30 »

Does your guard have an actor weapon assigned? Is his physics tag set to WALK along with walk and run speed tags? Make sure collision type is Cylinder and he has appropriate height and radius collision settings.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Devair

« Reply #4 on: 2008-04-22, 00:13:44 »

AHHH!  You figured it out!  I had all the hard stuff - physics tag was fine, collision type was good (I've crashed a lot forgetting to set that properly.  Lesson learned.   ;D

What do I forget?  I forget to give the man a weapon!

I'm not sure if I want to laugh or cry.  Thank you!

Barnabas

« Reply #5 on: 2011-02-20, 08:51:48 »

I have another problem with my Lawmen: They only shoot one time, if they are attacked. the shoot and pause until the aggressor attacks again. How do I make my Lawmen fight til death, when they or a civilian got attacked?
Sorry for my bad english ...

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
    • CLICK HERE TO VISIT MYSPACE SITE.
« Reply #6 on: 2011-10-31, 12:13:13 »

Are you using the Lawmen Script and Ai? be sure tp add the tag "Script" with "Lawmen" written in there, also in Ai set it guard.nai

I had the same issue where i did not asign a weapon to my chars, they just stand there and shout "stop" but did nothing to stop me haha.
Victims... arent we all?

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 19 queries.