Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-11-20, 03:44:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Devair  (Read 2628 times)

Devair

Devair
« on: 2008-04-10, 04:19:45 »

Hello from the south USA.  My computer stays behind everything that's new because I never have been able to afford a really nice one .  It never bothered me since I've never been a hard core video game player.  I am, however, an old Pen and Paper player of Vampire and Werewolf from first and second edition White Wolf.   

I fell in love with Diablo II about 4 years ago, and played it over and over again until I finally wandered off to something non-computer.  Just this year I was introduced to Neverwinter Nights 1 (the computer won't handle 2) and really got into it, also.  Up until then, my video game experience ended with Super Nintendo.   ::)  Obviously, I like the style of Redemption  so I'm not sure how I missed it so long.  Of course I had to buy an out of print copy, but I didn't mind.  I loved the game start to finish.  Being an ST only for the last 10+ years, it was about as close as I can come to not knowing where a story is going to go, and really getting to "live" the WOD. 

I found myself cringing at times hoping Christof wasn't going to come to a bad end (other than my getting his head bit off by some monster) and wondering what was going to happen with Anezka.  I played like I would a table top Bru so I did miss some stuff along the way and didn't do a very effective character build.  I'm replaying it now.  I'll also have to play him evil so I can get the alternate endings with low humanity.

I got my non-video game friend sucked into the game with screenshots in her email and telling her on the phone practically daily what was going on with Christof and his coterie.  Naturally, she wants to play, too.

So here I am in the modding world, which is entirely new to me so I can see what I can come up with.

The most sophisticated thing I've ever done has been HTML code, but I'm going to take a stab at the tutorials and mapping.  The one thing I do have going for me is that I am an artist, and I do love graphics. 

Wish me luck, I'm going to need it, and thanks for helping keep this great game going. 

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Devair
« Reply #1 on: 2008-04-10, 11:29:15 »

This game has such a long life span. Dispite the fact that it is not readily available in most stores, it continues to survive if only in a state of torpor. I hope the tutorials I maintain on this website will help others carry the torch to present more content to this age old game. I know people are looking at them so I anciously await what will be created from all of them.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Devair

« Reply #2 on: 2008-04-12, 03:24:05 »

Not only did I look, I followed them - or 3 anyway.  I now have a very scary Milk Maid running amuck with an equally scary sword.  I also managed to make her talk.  First she said "Hey World!"  Now she says "Hey World!  I'm a scary milkmaid with karate action." 

Problem is, most of the java tutorial went over my head.  I followed the instructions, but without comprehension just following directions isn't very helpful.  The first 2 I think I can get my brain wrapped around, however, so that's a start.   I'll work on it, because I'm that way.  I like to figure things out, if I can.  Of course what I'd love to do is create the city we've had PnP for years.  It's purely fiction and it would be undeniably cool to see it in 3D and play in it.

That's kind of advantageous for me (who obviously knows nothing about coding) but it's a dream, and Michaelangelo started with a single brush stroke. 

If I ever do manage to make anything interesting, I'll be happy to share it with others.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #3 on: 2008-04-12, 08:55:01 »

I started coding knowing absolutely nothing about it. Back when I started, there were no tutorials on coding for Redemption in java AT ALL. Sure there was basic tuts on loops, ifs, and variables on java tut sites, but nothing on the specific workings of Redemption. In those days, I simply copy/pasted code snips from the various java scripts included with the SDK without any understanding of programming logic. I did most of my leanring from trial and error, but these days I have real knowledge on coding in several languages besides java.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

ORI

« Reply #4 on: 2008-04-12, 10:19:14 »

All this time and there is no animation in redemption at all  :-\

Devair

« Reply #5 on: 2008-04-12, 22:12:24 »

In those days, I simply copy/pasted code snips from the various java scripts

Come to think of it, that's how I learned HTML.  I stopped learning it when I got the results I liked and wanted, but I did learn simply by doing - eventually I caught on to what a lot of those strange, seeming incomprehensible tags meant and what they would do.  I look forward to the challenge of trying out these new things inside a game.   ;D 

... and will scream loudly for help from people who have been at this longer and amassed more experience if I get stuck (LOL)

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 19 queries.