Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-11-17, 15:06:05
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Embrace Video Tutorials  (Read 3531 times)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Last Edit: 2014-02-15, 12:00:02 by Javokis »
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Johnny_Black

Re: Embrace Video Tutorials
« Reply #1 on: 2007-09-14, 10:55:28 »

Looks good.
if i was new at this then i would me dying for part two.
hell...i'm not new at this and i'm still dying for part two  :D

ORI

« Reply #2 on: 2009-10-19, 20:08:32 »

Nice, but does embrace allow to import 3d meshes as part of the terrain? (I.E huge hollow house inside a tree trunk I made in Maya)... seeing as building fine detail in Embrace can be more than troublesom.
« Last Edit: 2009-10-19, 20:11:01 by ORI »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #3 on: 2009-10-19, 22:07:25 »

I tried that before with milkshape. Milkshape has a terrain creation option with an export as .map option. The problem is that these modeling programs create a lot of polygons that cause Embrace to foul up (crash). Embrace just isn't built for full terrain detail.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

ORI

« Reply #4 on: 2009-10-19, 23:18:02 »

Oh I ment like importing stuff as enviroment in genral rather than as object template.... like for example if I wante to take this low poly space station and make a redemption level out of it would it be possiable?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #5 on: 2009-10-19, 23:27:32 »

Milkshape has an option for exporting as .map. You'll have to do quite a bit of tweaking (texturing, setting surface properties for walkable, ect). You can't export the texture, only the mesh as a .map set of brushes. Like I said, Embrace is very tweaky and trying something like this could cause it to crash.

ORI

« Reply #6 on: 2009-10-20, 00:52:38 »

Milkshape has an option for exporting as .map. You'll have to do quite a bit of tweaking (texturing, setting surface properties for walkable, ect). You can't export the texture, only the mesh as a .map set of brushes. Like I said, Embrace is very tweaky and trying something like this could cause it to crash.

Why does everything has to go through that software   :-\  
 Milkshape and its clunky unstable interface is the reason so many people get turned off from modding this game.  :'(

Ok emo moment over, if its possiable to bring in Geometry that way I might give creating a map a shot when I have the time since I have some nice scenes that could make some cool maps in this game.

ORI

« Reply #7 on: 2009-10-24, 15:26:51 »

Had the Assertion fails numNotFile>max Not files what do I do?

nope, still error, are there guidelines on how to setup embrace on first run?
« Last Edit: 2009-10-24, 15:32:16 by ORI »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #8 on: 2009-10-25, 00:23:22 »

That means you have too many addons (.nobs) installed into main VTMR directory. Embrace doesn't like that. Move or delete them into a mod folder or something.

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 17 queries.