Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-11-20, 03:45:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Sengoku  (Read 2822 times)

Old Fecker

• Lord of Awesome
    • The Gaming Hive
Sengoku
« on: 2007-08-24, 01:41:10 »

Where to start? I got Vampire based purely on a review I read in PC Gamer (UK version) which gave it something like 89%. Im pretty sure I bought it not long after release and played through the sp campaign, which I enjoyed a lot (though I much prefer the dark ages section).

As is usual for me (if you know me of course!) I like to tinker with every pc game I get, so it wasn't long after I entered the online community that I was directed to the now defunct Mapdepo.com site. If memory serves me correctly I downloaded one of Javokis'/Rainmoon's NOT mods (dont ask me which one it was though coz I cant remember!) which started me on the road of modding.

After asking Rainmoon some questions on a few things I produced a couple of NOT mods with weapons and items in them which got downloaded quite a lot. Next on the agenda was to create something which would end up on the Top 25 Downloads list at Mapdepo until the site expired.

Rainmoon had recently finished his Soulandria map and in that were two items which caught my attention: An Ice Sword and an Ice Shield which both appeared to be transparent. This set the old grey matter working and after an email to Rainmoon I discovered the secret to the items. After some detective work rummaging through the games files I produced the Transparent Weapons Pack (I think it might've been called the HK Weapons pack as well as at the time I was in a guild called the Holy Knights) which got onto the Top 25 Downloads list of Mapdepo.

I remember having an email argument with Silver Shade as he was accusing me of nicking his idea or something (it was to do with his Silver Shade Weapons Pack 2 if I remember correctly) but I basically told him to fuck off and he eventually backed down and apologised!  ;D

After that, VCaleb set up the Within the Darkness website (wtd.net) and I became a very active member of the forums there. This was about the same time as Rainmoon started his Resi project, of which I was among the (I imagine) very few people to get to run around the mansion in all its different BETA stages. I remember working with someone else (who Ive completely forgotten their name) to create both the Prototype Tyrant from RE1 and the T-90 Tyrant from RE2. As well as them I made skins for Chris Redfield, Barry Burton, Jill Valentine and Albert Wesker. These were never released although a few people who Id made realy close friends with through Vampire had them to test out. Ive since lost the T-90 Tyrant files and the only skins I can now find are the ones of Chris and Wesker.

After this I did make some bloody big skin/weapon packs that again, were never released due to me not having much time to work on them because of work. i kind of dropped off the face of the earth for a bit as I was joining the British Army at the time and had to go through training.

I do remember getting together with a few old mates from the heydays of Vampire and going back to it to see what had changed a few years after leaving it and to my and everyone else in the rooms surprise some guy using a Christof skin walked into Orsi's Mansion weilding a glowing green transparent shield and sword!! No amount of convincing (from everyone in the room!) would work on this guy that I was the one responsible for creating the stuff he was using.....the cheek of it!!   ;D

Ive since come across lots of old files burned to CD-Rs (heavily damaged CD-Rs! hence the loss of some files) and now Ive managed to get Vamp reinstalled thanks to some help from our Friendly Neighborhood Javokis, so I might bother my arse to finish off the unfinished stuff just for nostalgia's sake.

Another side mod I did for Unreal Tournament 2004 was to convert a load of models from Vamp to UT2k4. I had to double the texture sizes and sort them out so they looked half decent which took a while but the end results were good. As is typical with me, apart from a select few these were never released!!  ::)

Apart from a few dabbles with Neverwinter Nights modding, UT and Oblivion I havent really had the time to stick with modding due to being in the Army, going to Iraq, meeting my girlfriend who Im now engaged to and setting up home...oh and this little thing called an Xbox 360! I do however, have a plan in mind at the moment for converting the entirety of the Prague maps into one big map that Im going to attempt to convert for Unreal Tournament III. This though will mean I will have to create bump maps for every texture used! And when Im planning on converting Christof, Wilhelm etc along with the maps as well as shoehorning in time to spend with my missus and time to play Bioshock, Halo 3, Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, The Orange Box (Half Life 2, Ep1, Ep2, Team Fortress 2, Portal) & Call of Duty 4....knowing me this will never actually be finished!!

Sen......or Murph, whichever you prefer!

P.S. My Xbox 360 Elite has just arrived from the nice post man so Im off to set it up! Cheerio!  :D

El Gostro

• Very Sane wreck
Re: Sengoku
« Reply #1 on: 2007-08-24, 11:07:51 »

Aaargh x box possessor,I must find a way to fuse with mii wiii!

Old Fecker

• Lord of Awesome
    • The Gaming Hive
« Reply #2 on: 2007-08-26, 09:49:27 »

I've got a Wii as well (well, the missus uses it more than me!). Good little machine, cant wait for Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles to come out on it.

El Gostro

• Very Sane wreck
« Reply #3 on: 2007-08-26, 10:19:59 »

It is a well known fact the main reason behind  my WII acquisition was the chick/party factor ;D

(Sides if everyone is drunk it really is quite fun to use!)

Azraelthe7th

• Demon Vilicus
    • Shadownessence: The World of Darkness Unfolded
« Reply #4 on: 2007-09-22, 00:11:25 »

You know, that idea of converting the VtM maps to UTIII is somewhat close to the idea of doing the same for Half-Life 2's Source Engine.  I'll have to see how exactly it works, but it could be cool to have a "Source" VtM.

Or maybe I'm just blowing *ahem* steam out of my ass.
Come see the World of Darkness unfold.
Dark Ages Christof Romulad: 55%

Old Fecker

• Lord of Awesome
    • The Gaming Hive
« Reply #5 on: 2007-09-22, 01:21:13 »

Or maybe I'm just blowing *ahem* steam out of my ass.

;D

As far as i can remember Vampire's maps are in .map (being that its engine is a modified version of Quake's or Half-Life's - i forget which one) format and as far as i can remember UT2k4's weren't so there's a problem right there! I cant really be arsed to remodel the entire thing in UnrealEd especially as i havent even used that program for around three and a half years!

What ive got in my head is every Prague map all linked together so all the different areas are enclosed inside one map. Example: one team could start at the entrance to the cave just outside the city gates and you could run/drive straight through the main gates, around the corner and then straight into the open doors of the university and go downstairs into the haven.

Im planning on using it as a Onslaught map (or whatever UTIII's equivalent to that is) so it would feature vehicles but not the flying ones. Would be pretty good to see tanks rumbling through the streets of Prague i think!

Whether i actually bother my backside to do this remains a story to be told!!  :P

Azraelthe7th

• Demon Vilicus
    • Shadownessence: The World of Darkness Unfolded
« Reply #6 on: 2007-09-22, 15:07:18 »

According to the UT2004 editor, the maps have a ".ut2" extension.

Redemption used a modified version of the Quake engine as its basis.

Still, one way or another, both projects could be very cool.
Come see the World of Darkness unfold.
Dark Ages Christof Romulad: 55%

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 19 queries.