Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-11-24, 06:54:17
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Tower of London Lighting  (Read 2162 times)

Nagaraja

Tower of London Lighting
« on: 2007-07-24, 08:27:54 »

Question

How do I make that cool Lightning effect that was in the Tower of London?

Answer

It's all done with mirrors :) j/k Actually, it's done with a ghost, specifically, the ghost template that you will find in the global.not under Miscellaneous... Place that near the player start, apply the Lightning script to it, no params necessary, and you have lightning [I beleve this must be used in conjunction with the TOL skies, But I haven't tried the others].

It's going to look best if you use it the way they did, with windows that have a brush flagged "sky" outside them.

Now, the other effects, thunder, tattered curtains, etc. (in what is, IMHO, one of the best visual levels in the game) are a little more complicated :)

Ezykeyal

Re: Tower of London Lighting
« Reply #1 on: 2008-03-06, 12:16:41 »

Hmmm I don't think that's right, the ghost applies the random sound effects if set-up correctly...
The actual lightning is done with just regular lights and a random flicker applied to it.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #2 on: 2008-04-08, 11:49:26 »

Actually the Lightning script does work to add more delay for the flicker lights. All you have to do is create ONE ghost that has the Lightning script ANYWHERE on the map (within the map sectors of course) then use any or all of the three flicker lights placed strategically outside windows. Without the Lightning script the lights will flicker at a normal timed rate, which is fast. The Lightning script has nothing to do with sound - it only controls additional flicker light timing.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Ezykeyal

« Reply #3 on: 2008-04-16, 23:42:34 »

Interesting, although I haven't touched vtmr for ages I still manages to learn about it!

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 19 queries.