Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-11-17, 15:04:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Change map Music/Sounds without nodsdk  (Read 2805 times)

Nagaraja

Change map Music/Sounds without nodsdk
« on: 2007-07-23, 18:23:41 »

Vampire Tutorials Chronicle Sounds 

There are a couple of ways to achieve this that I have found over the years, both reasonably simple and you don't even need to know how to use embrace (nodsdk) !

Method I

Perhaps the simplest of all is this one, open your Vampire The Masquerade\Sounds\Music folder and find a track you want to change ie Vienna_Orsi (more commonly known as the music for Princes Mansion).

Then find the mp3 you wish to change it to anywhere on your hard drive eg wish.mp3 copy the mp3 to your desktop or a seperate folder, right click on it select Properties then where you see the name of the track right click on it select it all and backspace, then put in its place Vienna_Orsi. Then all you do is drag that file into the music folder, it it will then ask if you wish to replace the original file, say yes and it should be done .

Also please note that this way also means that any map/chron file that uses Vienna_Orsi for its music will play the modified file.

Method II

This is slightly more complicated as you need to track the file that holds all the information for the chron/map, this can be located in your vampire the masquerade\scenes folder.

Open the scene file with notepag or a simular text editor, you will be presented with a load of unreadable text, scroll down to the bottom (or there abouts) and you will see a filename followed by .mp3, once you find it just simply replace the file name with whatever mp3 file you want to play in game then save it, you will also see the amb.mp3 there too so if you wish to change that then find the appropriate file in your sounds\ambient folder and put it in same as the music file.

IMPORTANT

make sure that you have the mp3 files you wish to use in your vampire the masquerade\sounds\music folder otherwise they wont work.

By Devlin Bathory

« Last Edit: 2007-07-23, 18:25:32 by Nagaraja »

Kulmuras

• Tzimisce Fanboy
Re: Change map Music/Sounds without nodsdk
« Reply #1 on: 2008-07-29, 19:35:04 »

I've been experimenting with this recently, method II is giving me issues.  This is very aggravating as I remember having done it successfully before.

When editing the scene file with Notepad the game will always crash.  I've tried simply renaming the .mp3 in the file, as well as renaming with the exact number of letters in the mp3 name as the original name.  Both ways resulted in a crash.

When I use a hex editor and only replace the existing string of the mp3 name then it works, but I have to chop down my file names so they fit.  Sure it can work that way but I hate to have to dice up my .mp3 filenames.

Any ideas on another way to make it work?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #2 on: 2008-07-29, 22:34:03 »

Other than using embrace, there's not much choice in the matter.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Kulmuras

• Tzimisce Fanboy
« Reply #3 on: 2008-07-30, 20:57:20 »

A new day, a new issue  :P

Is there a known restriction on the kinds of .mp3 files that can be used?
I've got 2 .mp3 files that the game refuses to play.  At first I thought they might be too big, so I cut down the filesize to no avail.  Then I thought too long, cut down the length, again no luck.
I created these in exactly the same manner in which I made others that DO work in game.

When I try to force them to play via console nothing happens, I don't get an error message, but I also don't get the "Playing Stream" message.

Any ideas on this one?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #4 on: 2008-07-31, 22:53:43 »

Header tags. Redemption can't play audio files that have header tags. That means don't play the mp3 files using Windows Media Player or any type of player that puts tags on the audio files.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

wesclash

« Reply #5 on: 2008-08-03, 13:58:14 »

Are you saying, Javokis, that if I play a sound file from Redemption on Windows Media Player it screws up the file?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #6 on: 2008-08-04, 23:34:37 »

Yes. The newer WM Players modify any audio file you play by adding ratings, artists, album, copyrights, ect to the file. These tags are not supported by the majority of games that are out. So be careful. Use classic media player or winamp. Look for any type of media player that doesn't connect to the internet in an attempt to find artist information and such.
« Last Edit: 2008-08-04, 23:38:45 by Javokis »

wesclash

« Reply #7 on: 2008-08-06, 07:37:46 »

That explains a few issues I've been having.  Well, my game was due for a reinstall anyway.    ;D

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 19 queries.