Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2017-11-24, 06:51:47
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Open Nod Development section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Sector Tips  (Read 1848 times)

Nagaraja

Sector Tips
« on: 2007-07-23, 14:34:55 »

Question

What is the correct way to Sector a map? Even when I am 100% postive that the sectors line up I still get walls that go missing and glitches in the Map.

Answer

Well generally it's best to use as few sectors as possible, but when you can save alot of space, it's worth it to make a new sector. And example would be that if you're going up a mountain, you'd want several sectors, one for the lower altitude part, and others for higher up.

As for fixingbugs, you want sectors to touch each other exactly. They shouldn't overlap, or not meet. One time I thought I had them perfect, but when I set the grid size smaller, I found out they were only small grid off. I don't know how it happened... but it did. You may want to try setting the grid size small to check if you have that problem.

Other than that... just keep on trying different stuff to try to fix your problems.
-George

Barnabas

Re: Sector Tips
« Reply #1 on: 2011-02-18, 16:07:04 »

These sectors in my hubs drive me mad. I export a map and run it, one sector does not work and I have glitches. I repair the sector, and run the level and other sectors, that were ok, do not work. I reexport the map without changing it and run the map, other sectors than before do not work and so on.... What do I do wrong? Is there a maximum size for a sector? Is there a maximum ammount for sectors?

Edit: Argh! I deleted all sectors in the hub and made new ones - was work for hours, but still I have the same problem: glitches at every Sectorborder. I changed the grid, but all sectors touch each other - what did I do wrong?
« Last Edit: 2011-02-19, 10:03:10 by Barnabas »
Sorry for my bad english ...

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Sector Tips
« Reply #2 on: 2011-03-02, 22:19:27 »

Make sure your sectors span in all angles (x, y, and z). Also make sure that there's a light in each sector. Sometimes a sector wont render anything if there's no light source anywhere within it.

Also a sector can become corrupted when copied from a brush. Damn annoying when it happens too.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 19 queries.